Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    This team are useless and certainly worthy of L2.
  • Options
    We’ll stay up but frankly we’re a pile of old shite. I know we’ll rebuild in the summer but it’s going to be massive surgery. Our squad is absolutely awful. 
  • Options
    Gotta say we look pony. Teams fans regularly say we are the worst they have played.  We lost comfortably to Crewe and drew with Morecombe.  Our players seem to have given up.  Our manager is fixated on a duff system.  Aneke out for the season. Assume Innis is too.  Team appear uninterested. No shot against 10 man Accrington in 30mins.

Absolutely no way we are safe. We "only" need 2 wins probably and we have "easy" games coming up.  Don't win any of the next 4 and we are down.  I wouldn't bet against it.
  • Options
    Under Jackson and his 3-5-2 National League next stop!
  • Options
    I still do not think we will go down, but if we did we would deserve to with the run in we have given the points cushion. 

Gillingham need to win more than us on Tuesday. A draw still leaves them seven points behind us and having played an extra game.

We then also play Morecambe and Shrewsbury at home and Doncaster and Wimbledon away. All of these teams will need to beat us. Add Burton and Lincoln at home and Cambridge away I think we should bag enough in those games. 
  • Options
    We’ll stay up but frankly we’re a pile of old shite. I know we’ll rebuild in the summer but it’s going to be massive surgery. Our squad is absolutely awful. 
    We rebuilt last summer & we are now worse than we were this time last year. Last season we missed out on the play offs on GD. This season we will miss out on the play offs by around 25- 30 points. I dread to think where we will be this time next season. 
  • Options
    We rebuilt last summer & we are now worse than we were this time last year. Last season we missed out on the play offs on GD. This season we will miss out on the play offs by around 25- 30 points. I dread to think where we will be this time next season. 
    Struggling to stay out of the bottom 2 in league 2.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Something that made me think ... we are awful at defending set pieces... well... what are they doing on the training ground about it..? Then it occurred to me - we are rubbish at taking them as well - can't really train to defend them if nobody can take a decent one in training... vicious cycle..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something that made me think ... we are awful at defending set pieces... well... what are they doing on the training ground about it..? Then it occurred to me - we are rubbish at taking them as well - can't really train to defend them if nobody can take a decent one in training... vicious cycle..
    Remember before all of this Jackson's main contribution to tactics and training was..... 

Set pieces
  • Options
    We are awful at defending, full stop, not just at set pieces and add that to the fact that we have a useless goalkeeper means that we tend to concede two goals or more every game. It's difficult to win in those circumstances, especially when the attacking part of the team is equally shit. 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Hmmm.

It would be absolutely Charlton to go down on the last day to a controversial incident, foul throw, no throw, dodgy penalty, defensive gaff, goalkeeping howler, fluke 40 yarder off of a defenders left arse cheek, the team below us beating the champions 6-0 away, we wrestling relegation from the jaws of safety...

Regardless of Addick folklore, this lot are turd, the players and the coaches.  If they are not ashamed of what they have thrown away, the worst being the hopes of one of the most commited but long suffering fan bases in football, there is no justice in football...okay scratch that! There is no justice in football but you get the gist?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Richard J said:
    I still do not think we will go down, but if we did we would deserve to with the run in we have given the points cushion. 

Gillingham need to win more than us on Tuesday. A draw still leaves them seven points behind us and having played an extra game.

We then also play Morecambe and Shrewsbury at home and Doncaster and Wimbledon away. All of these teams will need to beat us. Add Burton and Lincoln at home and Cambridge away I think we should bag enough in those games. 
    Bloody hell, we've gone from beating the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea comfortably at home in the mid-00s, to hoping we can scrape a point off Morecambe and Shrewsbury at home. How far we've fallen.....
  • Options
    We haven't really had the luxury of a manager building his team and implementing his 'style' since Curbs. Ok, Powell and Bowyer did well with some excellent loanees and a great momentum albeit fleetingly. I don't see JJ being the manager to assert these things here and now. Maybe in a few years if he goes to Barnet or somewhere and succeeds (which I think he would do). But there is too much expectation and pressure here and as he is such an icon as captain he wants it more than anyone but he's just not got 'it'. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The fact the side in 21st place have only gained about 1-2 points on us over the last month is criminal.
  • Options
    We are awful at defending, full stop, not just at set pieces and add that to the fact that we have a useless goalkeeper means that we tend to concede two goals or more every game. It's difficult to win in those circumstances, especially when the attacking part of the team is equally shit. 

Wasn't Jackson supposedly in charge of the defence and set pieces when Adkins was here?
  • Options
    I went to the cinema yesterday while the match was on, even my 2 sons who are mental and travel all over the country did not go , they went to the pub with their mates, they didn’t want Charlton to ruin their weekend yet again (only so much you can take this season!).

As soon as my son messaged me that Leko was upfront, I said game over.

Ive been overly sympathetic to JJ , sentiment perhaps become of what he’s done as a player for us, he’s got to change the formation though to get the best out of what he’s got , it’s just making him look daft and stubborn.

If he’s trying to send out a message to Thomas that he hasn’t got the players to play the system he wants, well he’s more than done that, with the very real risk of driving us down a division and losing his job.

Cmon Johnnie wake up son, I was championing you to get the job, now show us you can manage this lot of wasters, and get us out of this mess.
  • Options
    But “ we got our Charlton back “ 
  • Options
    But “ we got our Charlton back “ 
    Yeah but that’s not the Charlton we want!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are seven teams below us in the league, four of those have to overtake us for us to go down. On current form only two are gaining enough points to do it, so the odds are in our favour. That's me trying to be positive. If I allow my natural pessimism to speak, the worry would be if we play this badly next season. We'd end up bottom of the table by such a big margin we'd wish we'd gone down this year.
  • Options
    The odds are in our favour but we are on a big downward spiral and if we lose on Tuesday, we are in big, big trouble. Harris and Gillingham will perceive the game as a big opportunity, given our soft underbelly and the fact that our manager is quite clearly incapable of getting a tune out of these players. 

Jacko is wedded to a formation that is producing abject results but clearly feels that he will lose credibility if he modifies it. I don’t believe the players are as bad as they’re making out, although our defensive woes are exacerbated by having a goalkeeper who is totally incapable of commanding his 6 yard box, let alone his area. We’ve had a lot of very good goalies at Charlton over the years and, for me, MacGillivray is the worst we’ve had since Thuram.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Not concerned about relegation at all. Purely because bottom 4 are cack. To be relegated we would probably need to lose to Gillingham, Doncaster, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Morecambe. However bad we are I can’t see us getting turned over by all those teams.

Gillingham still have to play Sunderland, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday. If we win on Tuesday. We are safe IMO.

We will crawl ourselves over the line. Personally think the points difference will be between 3 and 6 points come final day.
  • Options
    There are seven teams below us in the league, four of those have to overtake us for us to go down. On current form only two are gaining enough points to do it, so the odds are in our favour. That's me trying to be positive. If I allow my natural pessimism to speak, the worry would be if we play this badly next season. We'd end up bottom of the table by such a big margin we'd wish we'd gone down this year.
    True but those teams below us have to play each other. For example, on Tuesday Shrewsbury host Morecombe. Someone had got to get some points in those games.

Our form in the last 7 games has been dire. Absolutely and utterly dire. How anyone who watched yesterday's game can think we will find it easy in the next few games, even against teams lower in the table, is an incredible optimist.

I hate to say this but unless there is a sea change in performance and attitude on Tuesday, Gillingham could easily turn us over. And if that happens, it will be panic stations and I wouldn't back this current bunch to have the bottle or fight needed to get us out of a relegation scrap. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Not concerned about relegation at all. Purely because bottom 4 are cack. To be relegated we would probably need to lose to Gillingham, Doncaster, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Morecambe. However bad we are I can’t see us getting turned over by all those teams.

Gillingham still have to play Sunderland, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday. If we win on Tuesday. We are safe IMO.

We will crawl ourselves over the line. Personally think the points difference will be between 3 and 6 points come final day.
    Gillingham are a different beast under Harris and they will be up for the fight. I can't see how we beat them at the moment, we're a soft touch.
  • Options
    I’m struggling to see why a loss to Gills will cause some sort of dramatic change in our chances of relegation. All that would likely happen is they would leapfrog Wimbledon and/or Fleetwood, and our 7 point cushion on the relegation zone would probably still be intact.
  • Options
    On a separate note - I was absolutely thrilled at the idea of not having to go to Gillingham away next season, how on earth have they pulled this off?!
  • Options

We have only beaten 2 of those sides in the reverse fixtures........ 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’m very concerned, especially if Gillingham turn us over on Tuesday night. We cannot lose that that game. Gillingham are a different mustard with Harris in charge it will not be easy.

I really don’t feel like this team has the fight or the bottle to grind out big results, it makes me feel uneasy. That third relegation spot looms closer and closer by the week.

ideally we need Washington back in the starting 11, he’s not the best goal scorer but he without question gives 100% and is excellent at closing down from the front. Which I feel is an area we really lack. We don’t close down enough and we are to happy to let other teams control the game.

We are not safe yet, far from it.
    We shouldn’t get relegated, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did happen this season with how we are playing as a team.

• Options
    I’m very concerned, especially if Gillingham turn us over on Tuesday night. We cannot lose that that game. Gillingham are a different mustard with Harris in charge it will not be easy.

I really don’t feel like this team has the fight or the bottle to grind out big results, it makes me feel uneasy. That third relegation spot looms closer and closer by the week.

ideally we need Washington back in the starting 11, he’s not the best goal scorer but he without question gives 100% and is excellent at closing down from the front. Which I feel is an area we really lack. We don’t close down enough and we are to happy to let other teams control the game.

We are not safe yet, far from it.
    We shouldn’t get relegated, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did happen this season with how we are playing as a team.

You do realise that four go down, don't you?

Maybe in Scandinavia this is not common knowledge. I doubt our Danish wally friend even knows it.