Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I agree we shouldn't extend Inniss's contact but he was key to us getting those 10 points from 4 games at the start of the year.  Bit like Chucks, without him we are so much poorer.

I understand people not wanting to go tomorrow but it is a massive game and I feel as fans we need to show some passion and hope the team, albeit belatedly,  feed off it. COYA!
  • Options
    I went with a ground hopping mate of mine to Wimbledon/Lincoln on Saturday and believe me Wimbledon were shocking. 
    Never fear, they've a win coming a week tomorrow.
  • Options
    I agree we shouldn't extend Inniss's contact but he was key to us getting those 10 points from 4 games at the start of the year.  Bit like Chucks, without him we are so much poorer.

I understand people not wanting to go tomorrow but it is a massive game and I feel we need to try to show some passion and hope the team, albeit belatedly,  feed off it. COYA!
    I am going tomorrow as I bought my ticket before Christmas for it so doesn't feel like it's costing anything to go. Same with Wimbledon next Tuesday and with Burton in-between being a fiver it feels like I'm getting three games for five quid. I may just get my money's worth.
  • Options
    You just know Les Miserables will finally get their release if we did... 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    We've lost to a few teams below us including Crewe.

We deserve to get relegated if continue this absolute sh*t show on.
  • Options

I understand people not wanting to go tomorrow but it is a massive game and I feel we need to try to show some passion and hope the team, albeit belatedly,  feed off it. COYA!
    Both our massive players. I know people who don’t necessarily like them because they are ‘walking yellow cards’ but those two bring a level of aggression that we miss. Throw is someone like Pratley who is happy to get stuck and we have enough battlers to compete in matches. 

Personally think the problem is we have never seen our best 11 this season because at some point they have all been injured. Been a problem since opening game and won’t be resolved this season.
  • Options
    it always amazes me how teams that have been awful for 80% of the season are suddenly going to go on a world beating run.

the same as when those at the top are going to be "on the beach" like leeds when they played us.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    YTS1978 said:
    If we lose to Gills on Tuesday I think we're down. We are in a terrible run of form and seem completely devoid of organisation and ideas. It's funny, cause at times this season we have been unplayable! How can the same group of players be so bi-polar? It comes from the manager and as much as I love Jacko, I feel he'll be gone Tuesday night. TS will have to act if we lose and I'm surprised he hasn't done so already tbh - he dragged his heels with Bowyer and Adkins, so can't make the same mistake again.
    Hysterical post.
    You've obviously not watched us much this season then! I said after Wigan at home that we could go down. We rallied under Jacko for a bit, but have been god awful for a long time. We might be saved by the sheer number of teams below us but we still have to play a few of them. Defeats in those games, which look quite likely atm, will really put the pressure on. Then anything could happen tbh. Absolutely praying we get a win tomorrow, and the return of Washington is a big plus, but I'm not too confident.

Edit. I would add that I was 100% positive on the 'are we being promoted thread' a few months back! So maybe I'm just as bi-polar as the team haha! I was proved wrong on that one, so hopefully will be on this one too. What do I know eh?!?
  • Options
    I said months ago that if we are not careful we will sleep walk into some relegation six pointers and was laughed at. 

I also said those home wins against Wimbledon and Fleetwood were massive.

I am 99% certain we won't go down but it's not through lack of trying! 
  • Options
    I went with a ground hopping mate of mine to Wimbledon/Lincoln on Saturday and believe me Wimbledon were shocking. 
    If your mate returns the favour and goes with you tomorrow night, he will be even more shocked at how hopeless we are! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll storm L2 if we get relegated.😁
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I think if we do stay up it won't be because of our own quality. Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Gillingham would all have to go on big runs in the last ten games and only two of them will get a free three points off us. We'll need to pick up a couple of wins before the end but mostly it'll just be interesting to see if anything changes at all as the teams below us continue to pick up points here and there. I can see us remaining in the same shape with the same plan right to the end just because we've not been fully dragged in. What a life.
  • Options
    Think we will stay up, but it might be a close run thing, the nearest damm run thing you saw in your life!
  • Options
    I think we need another 6 points, though I've no idea where they're coming from. Five might be enough -  a lot of our fellow relegation strugglers have to play each other as well as us.  I think we'll finish 18th or 19th unless something changes, assuming we can pick up a win and a few draws. I reckon Gills and Donny will escape and Morecambe, Fleetwood, Crewe and Wimbledon will go down. I'm not expecting us to get anything tonight either. I think we'll beat Morecambe and get draws against Burton, Lincoln and Wimbledon. None of it will be pretty.
  • Options
    This thread could be very interesting around about 9.40 tonight!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Probably not, but that hasn’t stopped me putting £20 on Charlton going down at 125/1. 

So in the unlikely event we do go down at least I will have a nice summer holiday somewhere. 
  • Options
    We definitely deserve to go down but I still think we'll get enough points. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phew!
  • Options
    Never in doubt. Say it quietly but I reckon if we lost every game until end of the season we would be safe. 
  • Options
    Away games will keep us looking nervously over our shoulders

Home games will be what saves us
  • Options
    There are six teams of dross down the bottom and we have enough home games against that bunch to be comfortable.

I’ll be honest, you do get a bit nervous about it when your team hasn’t won in a month plus but I thought we’d get the three points tonight.

We are bad. But all of those teams are worse. Things have gone wrong this season. But it would have to be a seismic calamity to result in relegation.
  • Options
    There are six teams of dross down the bottom and we have enough home games against that bunch to be comfortable.

I’ll be honest, you do get a bit nervous about it when your team hasn’t won in a month plus but I thought we’d get the three points tonight.

We are bad. But all of those teams are worse. Things have gone wrong this season. But it would have to be a seismic calamity to result in relegation.
    That sums it up perfectly for me, and was a point I mentioned last month, as to why it’s not really even a conversation worth having (though as you mention can see why people are worried after such a long winless streak).

It does not matter how bad we are, there are at least 4 teams worse than us in this division - by a long shot.

Not that it’s something to be proud about.

Honestly with the set up we have now, I can’t see how 4/5 good quality players make us a better team. 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    If we lose to Gills on Tuesday I think we're down. We are in a terrible run of form and seem completely devoid of organisation and ideas. It's funny, cause at times this season we have been unplayable! How can the same group of players be so bi-polar? It comes from the manager and as much as I love Jacko, I feel he'll be gone Tuesday night. TS will have to act if we lose and I'm surprised he hasn't done so already tbh - he dragged his heels with Bowyer and Adkins, so can't make the same mistake again.
    Hysterical post.
    You've obviously not watched us much this season then! I said after Wigan at home that we could go down. We rallied under Jacko for a bit, but have been god awful for a long time. We might be saved by the sheer number of teams below us but we still have to play a few of them. Defeats in those games, which look quite likely atm, will really put the pressure on. Then anything could happen tbh. Absolutely praying we get a win tomorrow, and the return of Washington is a big plus, but I'm not too confident.

Edit. I would add that I was 100% positive on the 'are we being promoted thread' a few months back! So maybe I'm just as bi-polar as the team haha! I was proved wrong on that one, so hopefully will be on this one too. What do I know eh?!?
    More than he does ;-)
  • Options
    The bottom 4 have 8 games left and are 10 points behind us with vastly inferior goal differences. Therefore for us to get sucked in they have to gain 4 wins on us with just 8 games left. Highly unlikely.

If we can average a point a game from our remaining 9 matches we should comfortably avoid the bottom 4 and thus relegation in my opinion.
  • Options
    Win against Burton and we're pretty much there.