Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    We have to factor in the likelihood of Rak-Saki and Sessengnon being recalled. Can't see why their clubs would leave them with us to develop when they'll have no end of offers from clubs either pushing for promotion or at least where they won't be surrounded by chaos and ineptitude.
  • Options
    I’d say right now it’s literally 50/50
  • Options
    I think this is all getting a bit out of hand, we are by no means even going down to league 2 (yes i know it doesn't look good) and people are talking about relegation to the National league, come on!

Airman is right, the examples people are giving (Luton and Southend) are incomparable. Southend were getting crowds of about 5-6k and Luton only dropped because they were deducted a million points.
  • Options
    As I said earlier Rodders Mr Scott needs to pull some rabbits out of the hat. The next few weeks are critical so strap yourselves in for a bumpy ride 😫.
  • Options
    We are bang in trouble and unless something drastic happens in the next 3/4 weeks, we are done for. 
  • Options
    Sandgaard needs to allow (keep forgetting his name...dean?) to spend and bring in the players he wants.

Whoever comes in will likely regret doing so after roughly just 5 weeks. 

The players won't see Charlton as a stable club that is going places. The charltonised virus will spread about as early as mid Feb/March 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're in trouble but this league is garbage which gives me hope we'll scramble enough points together to stay up. But it won't be pretty 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    As I said earlier Rodders Mr Scott needs to pull some rabbits out of the hat. The next few weeks are critical so strap yourselves in for a bumpy ride 😫.
    First of all Mr Scott needs to be provided with a hat. Will that be forthcoming?
  • Options
    TS as I have said previously has to be one of the worst businessmen I have come across. Is he cash rich or asset rich ? Would any CEO with sound mind walk around his office playing a guitar when his employees should be working?
    How many other owners of football clubs, play a bloody guiltier (badly) on a pitch before a match and insists on playing his record that sounds as if it has been recorded in a garden shed with a couple of his mates from The Dog and Fox.

Why would you open your mouth where we will be in five years, although any fan of any club knows that he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Stability is key, although having five managers in his tenure is someone who has no tolerance or when questioning a manager and doesn’t like the answer outs them.

Not investing in the team, although stating the club has one of the highest budgets, when top earners have left in the summer and bought players from the league below, and even Payne said that both Swindon and Crawley offered him more money.

What sort of CEO signs a player who had left the club six months ago for a fee and has had the worst injury record known to man.

Employees his son who knows nothing about the game whose idea of scouting is a spreadsheet.

As the club edges closer to division two the stock of the club and price decreases, and interested will start to back off due to the investment that is needed.

There will be those who will not agree with this statement but Roland at least invested in the club and got us a promotion and play off season.

Come the January window the likes of Leaburn and Dobson will be sold so he can “break even” and disappear into the sunset
  • Options
    TS as I have said previously has to be one of the worst businessmen I have come across. Is he cash rich or asset rich ? Would any CEO with sound mind walk around his office playing a guitar when his employees should be working?
    How many other owners of football clubs, play a bloody guiltier (badly) on a pitch before a match and insists on playing his record that sounds as if it has been recorded in a garden shed with a couple of his mates from The Dog and Fox.

Why would you open your mouth where we will be in five years, although any fan of any club knows that he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Stability is key, although having five managers in his tenure is someone who has no tolerance or when questioning a manager and doesn’t like the answer outs them.

Not investing in the team, although stating the club has one of the highest budgets, when top earners have left in the summer and bought players from the league below, and even Payne said that both Swindon and Crawley offered him more money.

What sort of CEO signs a player who had left the club six months ago for a fee and has had the worst injury record known to man.

Employees his son who knows nothing about the game whose idea of scouting is a spreadsheet.

As the club edges closer to division two the stock of the club and price decreases, and interested will start to back off due to the investment that is needed.

There will be those who will not agree with this statement but Roland at least invested in the club and got us a promotion and play off season.

Come the January window the likes of Leaburn and Dobson will be sold so he can “break even” and disappear into the sunset
    I don’t see how anyone can disagree with that - it’s a fact. The biggest bit I have always got pelters for after TS took control and called a Roland lover for was this.

He had us in the Championship and was owner during promotions. We had players coming in the door like JBG and Buyens. Bulot and Taylor. Aribo and Cullen.

He was far from perfect and by all accounts seems to have been a pretty nasty piece of work. But if you were happy to get rid in exchange for league two football (as many said they would be) then you are potentially about to get your wish.

If you can’t see TS is a waste of space compared to the level we previously had (that we protested against far more aggressively than now) then i don’t know what to say.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    90% nailed on we will go down this season.

10% chance we won’t if club is sold to a sensible owner so that we can start fixing the squad.

Everything I am reading is that our squad will get worse in January.
    Are you related to Golfie?
    Are you reading all the comments by fans across these threads ?

Not just me
  • Options
    We're in trouble but this league is garbage which gives me hope we'll scramble enough points together to stay up. But it won't be pretty 
    But we have zero fight.
  • Options
    Without reinforcements this squad  has relegation written all over it. 
  • Options
    We have to factor in the likelihood of Rak-Saki and Sessengnon being recalled. Can't see why their clubs would leave them with us to develop when they'll have no end of offers from clubs either pushing for promotion or at least where they won't be surrounded by chaos and ineptitude.
    With the greatest of respect to both of them, we’re 18th after 23 games and with 5 wins all season, and that’s with them pretty much being nailed on starters.  From what I’ve seen of Rak Saki, we could’ve played Mansfield and still over the course of the season, I think the results would be the same.  

They may go on to do better elsewhere, but for me, neither are a great loss.  They’ve contributed to this mess as much as any of the others.  None of them, these two included, should be escaping criticism for how poor they’ve been 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    With the greatest of respect to both of them, we’re 18th after 23 games and with 5 wins all season, and that’s with them pretty much being nailed on starters.  From what I’ve seen of Rak Saki, we could’ve played Mansfield and still over the course of the season, I think the results would be the same.  

They may go on to do better elsewhere, but for me, neither are a great loss.  They’ve contributed to this mess as much as any of the others.  None of them, these two included, should be escaping criticism for how poor they’ve been 
    We are a lot worse when Sessegnon doesn't play.  How much of that is due to him being any good is a different question.
  • Options
    There are 4 team worse than us. Disgraceful we are in this position, but we will not go down. 9/1 with the bookies so if anyone things we are 50/50 lump on 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are 4 team worse than us. Disgraceful we are in this position, but we will not go down. 9/1 with the bookies so if anyone things we are 50/50 lump on 
    Hope you are right!
  • Options
    I think we'll probably avoid the drop, despite the fact that the direction of travel at present looks almost irretrievably downwards. Too many of the players lack ability, confidence and fight and most of them don't look to have the stomach for a relegation dogfight. 

A lot will depend upon the January window. If we come out of that with two or three decent additions, we should be ok; if, on the other hand, we emerge even weaker - e.g. by selling Leaburn and signing yet more duds - then I think we'll be in League 2 next season.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

We are a lot worse when Sessegnon doesn't play.  How much of that is due to him being any good is a different question.
    True.  I still think even with him in the team, that left hand side is a problem.  The more general point is that none of them should be escaping criticism.  I know Rak Saki’s young, but for me, he’s gotten progressively worse during his time here.  I’m sure the lack of quality around him is a factor, but regardless, that chance against P’boro should’ve been buried.  A couple of times last night when he came on, no end product.  It will mature, but I’ve seen so many players of his ilk over the years.  The promise, the stepovers, the beating 2 or 3 men when they could just beat one.  They come, and they go.  I’d be very surprised if in a few years I’m watching someone in the Prem.  Potentially holding his own at a mid table championship club.  
  • Options
    answer to the o.p. question: Yes
  • Options
    I think this is all getting a bit out of hand, we are by no means even going down to league 2 (yes i know it doesn't look good) and people are talking about relegation to the National league, come on!

Airman is right, the examples people are giving (Luton and Southend) are incomparable. Southend were getting crowds of about 5-6k and Luton only dropped because they were deducted a million points.
    Luton were on the receiving end of unjustified awful treatment from the trough snouters at EFL who delighted in kicking the club when it was down and kept penalising subsequent owners who hadn't been at fault for the sins of forebears whom the scum at EFL had approved then let off scot free
    The tightening of ownership and directorship regulations at EFL is worthless window dressing that EFL has shown time and again they're not sincere about.
    Small clubs get shafted; Luton before, Bury more recently; bigger clubs get away with flagrant unapologetic rule breaking: Birmingham, Wednesday, Derby
    And the Wigan fiasco proves the abject insincerity of EFL's "process".
    EFL never gave a damn about douchebag's wanton idiocy, not even when he slagged them off.
    Expecting any protection against toxic owners from the "authorities" is delusional.
    They'll fuck us over without a second thought.
    If skintgaard wants out quickly he'll find buyers and we're in the lap of the gods how shitty they'll be.
    Charlton absolutely ain't too big to get relegated.  Cessation of operations is more likely than playing in the conference.
    Happy New Year addicks
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Would you put your house on it ? Remind me of the head to head results against those teams below us that are worse and ensure our survival.
  • Options

Just my luck. Got two NYE tickets for the Dog and Fox.
  • Options
    Would you put your house on it ? Remind me of the head to head results against those teams below us that are worse and ensure our survival.
    No of course not, but I think the bookies have it roughly right. Possible but very unlikely. Ask me at the end of January and I could have a very different answer 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Agree with this Sess has been good for us. Rak Saki has fallen off a cliff since he has been here. First couple of games he was absolute mustard. Now we have managed to drag him into mediocrity. 
  • Options
    Relegation followed by insolvency could be a speedy route to the National League. I think this is the first time in my life that I’ve seriously considered the prospect of L2.