Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    Agree that it doesn't look good and the bottom 3 plus Exeter look rough plus thank goodness our goal difference BUT as everyone is saying the signings we make have to be right. 
  • Options
    Absolutely zero chance we will.

But absolutely zero chance we get promoted either which sucks.
  • Options
    We're in the mix the way we're playing. Just hope and pray 4 teams are worse than us.
  • Options
    Very very unlikely to be relegated but another season of lower/midtable dreck is hardly inspiring stuff.

I would like to get to a level where "safe in January" isn't supposed to be seen as a good thing. 
  • Options
    3 points from 6 matches 
    were going down faster than Devine Brown in a parking lot 
    teenagers ask your parents for the cultural reference 
  • Options
    edited January 1
    Zero chance of relegation. Would probably have to win fewer than 3 out of 23 matches to be relegated. 
    Haven’t won in six. Three defeats in a row. Can’t stop conceding late to drop points. This is relegation form. 
    In a vacuum that is correct. That is over 6 matches. If we go 16 without a win I’ll be concerned. There is no concern we don’t pick up 24 points between now and end of the season.

22/1 to be relegated.
  • Options
    The formation doesn't work 
    It doesn't suit our players 
    Surely by signing another centre half we're moving to 3-5-2?
    The squad is so poor
    Even if all 4 forwards were fit, it doesn't excuse how poor we are in goal, in defence and in midfield?

We haven't kept a clean sheet in our last 12 games.

Holy christ!  The management team and the gead coach are simply failing at all levels.

It's Groundhog Day.  Where is Bill bloody Murray?!
  • Options
    not this season, don't bet against it for the next one though unless there are DRASTIC changes right through the entire CAFC staff
  • Options

Croydon said:
    No chance of us going down but it's an absolute disgrace we're in a position that it's even a remote possibility 
    People forget that we have the top goal scorer in the league and about to spend 6 figures on a player from a championship club. Don’t think Exeter/Cheltenham have the resources to do that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know we are an average to poor league one side at the moment, but I think people overlook how much worse a decent chunk of teams are than us.

It is probably famous last words from me, but I don’t even think we are remotely close to get relegated this year, or next year. However we are stuck in a limbo where we are just not competitive enough to break out of mid table. 
  • Options
    No we won't get relegated but it's going to be a struggle 
    Still a long way to go & it's not getting any better 
  • Options
    edited January 1
    It might be the regimes plan b.
    An exciting late escape from relegation to engender enough feel good factor to sell season tickets.
  • Options

6 points plus a better goal diff and a lot of teams to get over us but that shower of shit can carry on losing with little ease 
    I’m not as confident as some cos we look clueless 

• Options
    edited January 1
  • Options
    At the moment we struggle to beat any team in this division. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zero chance of relegation. Would probably have to win fewer than 3 out of 23 matches to be relegated. 
    Haven’t won in six. Three defeats in a row. Can’t stop conceding late to drop points. This is relegation form. 
    In a vacuum that is correct. That is over 6 matches. If we go 16 without a win I’ll be concerned. There is no concern we don’t pick up 24 points between now and end of the season.

22/1 to be relegated.
    25-1 on Bet 365
  • Options
    Whilst I'm known to be a bit of a doomster on here & for weeks have been saying we are getting sucked into a relegation battle I don't think we will go down.....but will spend the next few months looking over our shoulders as the teams below us close the gap. 

6 weeks ago we were 11 points off relegation. We are now 6 (7 if you count GD). We should only need another 16-18 points to be safe, (4 wins & 4 draws) but currently we cant get a win for love nor money and teams below us are picking up the odd win here & there. 

However, this could all change if Alfie May left or was seriously injured, or the new owners decided not to spend any money this month. 

My feeling is that we will stay up, but will finish worse than last season and probably bottom half (14-16)
  • Options
    We are in a relegation battle if we do not win two games by the end of February.
  • Options
    I started the season predicting a 17th to 21st place finish this season. So yes we are I  in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    edited January 2
    I saw the thread title pop up and thought , what idiot started this off , and then i realised it was me 3 years ago, so sorry!

The fact we are still discussing it 3 years later , shows how badly we've been run , and to a point still are , i'm yet to be convinced we are going in the right direction, but lets see what January holds.
  • Options
    The strategy now is to somehow accumulate the fifty or so points needed to stay up, and hope there are then enough games left to play as many academy graduates as possible to see who copes best.
  • Options
    I would say I look foreword to next season when we are mid table in January, everyone says we are going to get relegated, just for us to finish in mid table again. 

But it’s just sad that’s it where we find ourselves. 
  • Options
    We are stinking the place out , fully expecting another couple of defeats in next two games , dunno how anyone can say there is no chance of Relegation.
  • Options
    There are several tougher games in January and February. If we don’t pick up points in the easier games, March could a month of biting nails. No need to panic yet, but a couple of wins are needed.
  • Options
    There are several tougher games in January and February. If we don’t pick up points in the easier games, March could a month of biting nails. No need to panic yet, but a couple of wins are needed.
    Yes, and I think that we will bring some new players in in Jan, of which it will be enough to sustain our place in the division for the 5th season running

the big question is whether or not the new arrivals will be anywhere near good enough to help us get out of this division (the right way) next season.