Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    There are 4 team worse than us. Disgraceful we are in this position, but we will not go down. 9/1 with the bookies so if anyone things we are 50/50 lump on 
    Would you put your house on it ? Remind me of the head to head results against those teams below us that are worse and ensure our survival.
    No of course not, but I think the bookies have it roughly right. Possible but very unlikely. Ask me at the end of January and I could have a very different answer 
    3 weeks ago we were 33/1 for the drop. Today we are 12s (bet365).
  • Options
    There are 4 team worse than us. Disgraceful we are in this position, but we will not go down. 9/1 with the bookies so if anyone things we are 50/50 lump on 
    I'd say we are the worst team in L1 at present based on current form. I can't see any teams worse than us.

We can improve but very few positive signs at present.

We need at least six points in Jan.
  • Options
    TS as I have said previously has to be one of the worst businessmen I have come across. Is he cash rich or asset rich ? Would any CEO with sound mind walk around his office playing a guitar when his employees should be working?
    How many other owners of football clubs, play a bloody guiltier (badly) on a pitch before a match and insists on playing his record that sounds as if it has been recorded in a garden shed with a couple of his mates from The Dog and Fox.

Why would you open your mouth where we will be in five years, although any fan of any club knows that he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Stability is key, although having five managers in his tenure is someone who has no tolerance or when questioning a manager and doesn’t like the answer outs them.

Not investing in the team, although stating the club has one of the highest budgets, when top earners have left in the summer and bought players from the league below, and even Payne said that both Swindon and Crawley offered him more money.

What sort of CEO signs a player who had left the club six months ago for a fee and has had the worst injury record known to man.

Employees his son who knows nothing about the game whose idea of scouting is a spreadsheet.

As the club edges closer to division two the stock of the club and price decreases, and interested will start to back off due to the investment that is needed.

There will be those who will not agree with this statement but Roland at least invested in the club and got us a promotion and play off season.

Come the January window the likes of Leaburn and Dobson will be sold so he can “break even” and disappear into the sunset
    I don’t see how anyone can disagree with that - it’s a fact. The biggest bit I have always got pelters for after TS took control and called a Roland lover for was this.

He had us in the Championship and was owner during promotions. We had players coming in the door like JBG and Buyens. Bulot and Taylor. Aribo and Cullen.

He was far from perfect and by all accounts seems to have been a pretty nasty piece of work. But if you were happy to get rid in exchange for league two football (as many said they would be) then you are potentially about to get your wish.

If you can’t see TS is a waste of space compared to the level we previously had (that we protested against far more aggressively than now) then i don’t know what to say.
    Roland pissed £50m up the wall - wasting vast amounts on nonsense players alongside the ones you mention - and now wants to extract it back. He was responsible for us being relegated. Like Sandgaard he would not employ people who knew what they were doing, although he eventually got lucky with Bowyer and Gallen once he stopped interfering.

He could then have sold the club and the ground  for a tidy sum, but he would have had to swallow some of the cost of his own stupidity. Instead he did a deal with obviously dodgy people in the hope of recouping a bit more. His greed is why we are continuing to fall. By comparison Sandgaard is just a fool. 

Agree that RD is the root cause of our most recent decline - and he is still very much part of the picture.

I also get the impression that his stubbornness and sheer nastiness is why he will swallow even more losses than do the right thing and sell the ground at a fair price. He is exacting a weird kind of revenge and I suspect he is probably enjoying our demise.
  • Options
    I'd say we are the worst team in L1 at present based on current form. I can't see any teams worse than us.

We need a decent manager as well.

Holden should not be here.
  • Options

We need a decent manager as well.

Holden should not be here.
    I have no idea if Holden is a good manager - given that he's managing Charlton it seems unlikely.

• Options
    @Airman Brown believes we are too big to reach the National League.

Who would have thought it would take Liverpool 30 years to win the title?
    How have you worked out that as a comparison?
  • Options
    Taking out MB / Dobson and to a lesser extent Clare I’m struggling to remember a worse starting 11 for a league game than last nights line up. 
  • Options
    Very simple answer NO …. 
  • Options
    I was up at Oldham at the start of the season. After years of stupid owners they ended up in a position they didn't think remotely possible - the first PL team to go non-league. Even with stupid owners they thought they were too big to go all the way down. And the slide is continuing - they might have an owner that cares deeply for the club but it's not doing them much good yet. They thought it was insulting to have to play the likes of Dorking and Maidstone this season and yet they could very well be in Step 2 next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends what happens in January. If big squad changes don't happen it's a real possibility 
  • Options
    We won't go down but it definitely looks like another season in League one 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    We won't go down but it definitely looks like another season in League one 
    It's definitely a possibility.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I was up at Oldham at the start of the season. After years of stupid owners they ended up in a position they didn't think remotely possible - the first PL team to go non-league. Even with stupid owners they thought they were too big to go all the way down. And the slide is continuing - they might have an owner that cares deeply for the club but it's not doing them much good yet. They thought it was insulting to have to play the likes of Dorking and Maidstone this season and yet they could very well be in Step 2 next season. 
    The NL is a nightmare to get out of - people underestimate the standard.

I've always followed Stockport County and they had a nightmare journey down to National League North before fighting their way back.
  • Options
    On reading this thread title again after over a year.

Yes.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Would you put your house on it ? Remind me of the head to head results against those teams below us that are worse and ensure our survival.
    No of course not, but I think the bookies have it roughly right. Possible but very unlikely. Ask me at the end of January and I could have a very different answer 
    3 weeks ago we were 33/1 for the drop. Today we are 12s (bet365).

£20 on at 33/1 to soften the blow if it happens. Still hoping and praying 🙏 that I lose my stake tho.
  • Options
    Deservidly.
  • Options
    A possibility if we don’t do something akin to a shock treatment in this transfer window. Ordinarily you wouldn’t want to have to change it up too much, but we need 5 in 5 out at least, as it isn’t working on the pitch, at all.
  • Options
    It is  looking likely. The teams below us are finding form which we are not doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Deservidly.
    How … bet you were praising the same players after the Shrewsbury , Pompey win and the Ipswich come back these are the same players .. problem was we lost Woolacot , oconnell amd Egbo .
  • Options
    I still think it's unlikely we will go down but not guaranteed we will stay up - when players start to come back from injury I'm sure we'll pick up some point
  • Options
    @Airman Brown believes we are too big to reach the National League.

Who would have thought it would take Liverpool 30 years to win the title?
    Are we "too big" to reach the National League?  Size has nothing to do with it (ooh er Matron!).

Unfortunately being incredibly shite has an awful lot to do with it ... and currently we have that in spades.
    There is always the danger that Sandgaard hangs on till we get relegated to Lge 2, and then puts us into admin and a10 point reduction! .. Optimist as ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Before every game I think we will be better than last week, we will have worked in training to improve, we will be better.  Then we play another game and its a result if we are only as bad as last time. Our ability to be this consistently shit is unbelievable.  Any slight improvement in one area is balanced out by being even shittier than usual in another. 

Why would anybody with any other option choose to join this circus. Only if offered more money than somewhere else, now that’s not happening, is it ? So we are shopping in the end of aisle just about out of date bin for new players. 

It’s going to be a bumpy ride so strap in and be prepared for even more disappointment.
  • Options
    Zero chance of relegation. Would probably have to win fewer than 3 out of 23 matches to be relegated. 
  • Options
    Previous seasons 45 on average is safe, but we need 6 wins which means we need a decent striker alongside Alfie but also need journeyman players to replace the kids... Do that I'm sure we're be okay but to be out of the playoffs already is heartbreaking... Another lost season. 
  • Options
    Unlikely but we do need some good signings this month and key players to stay fit. With our transfer and injury records it’s not a stretch to see a way in which it could be closer than it needs to be.
  • Options
    Zero chance of relegation. Would probably have to win fewer than 3 out of 23 matches to be relegated. 
    Haven’t won in six. Three defeats in a row. Can’t stop conceding late to drop points. This is relegation form. 
  • Options
    I think the current Bottom 3 will be relegated. Its the 4th spot that is up for grabs. Exeter have underperformed this year and dont have any spending power. Wigan would be 10th if it wasn't for their deduction and Reading seem to be getting points on the board.
    We couldn't beat Burton or Cambridge at home so I'm not sitting particularly comfortably.