Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    We are 66/1 with Oddschecker.

In previous seasons, I have invested a fiver or so at this point (although it feels 'dirty' backing your team to be relegated).

But, if we go down, it's free football next season.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Top line, we’ll be okay.  Of the 12 games left, I think we’ll muster what we need to do it, but it’s still going to be touch and go.  I think Sunderland will beat us next week, which will mean 6 defeats on the spin, then Accrington will also be tough.  Getting Stockley, Aneke and Fraser back will make a difference, and that’s going to get us the points we need (hopefully), but even with them in, we’re still a pretty poor team - don’t go thinking all is good again if we get a few wins over Burton & Shrewsbury for example 
    Bang on. We are fickle as a bunch and if and when we get a few results as we surely will, they mustn’t paper over the cracks. Even with our three strikers back we are a poor mid table league 1 side at best. None of the three are the Messiah. We need a clear out if our ambition is to get out of this league in a Northerly direction. 
  • Options
    Is there currently a single team below us in the entire league structure that is bigger than us?  What a shower of shite.
  • Options
    The under 23's, the under 18's the women (sorry "ladies" !! ) and other academy teams have all done pretty well. What have they got in common: they are not managed by J Jackson.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I’d settle for 7 points from that lot 
    Gillingham is the big game in there. If we lose to Sunderland and Accrington, as seems likely, we will desperately need to beat our pals from Medway. Lose that too and alarm bells will be clanging.
  • Options
    Now Gills are managed by Harris, I reckon they'll be well up for it. Have we ever beaten a team managed by him? And can this bunch be the ones to start?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I blame everyone, including half the fans.
    Results not going our way for 10/12 games sack the manager, half of these fans were the same fans basically demanding TS signs JJ.
    Probably be the same with the next manager.
    For years now weve loved an injury prone player at the club, we normallystart the season with around 3.

100%
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    clb74 said:
    I blame everyone, including half the fans.
    Results not going our way for 10/12 games sack the manager, half of these fans were the same fans basically demanding TS signs JJ.
    Probably be the same with the next manager.
    For years now weve loved an injury prone player at the club, we normallystart the season with around 3.

Guilty as charged then mate...
    I wanted Jacko in as i think a lot of people wanted, but do i want him sacked, no, I want him supported from within, Thomas has  given him a shite "contract" which is putting untold pressure on his shoulders, whilst getting very little if any backing from the players who are to blame for our current position...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wrong. I have been a fan of Jacko through his playing and management career. But I have now had to face facts and find that he is inadequate. He agreed to the contract believing that he could justify an extension. This he has blatantly failed to do so far. It is his job (or part of it) to pick players in the right positions and to get them to play for the club. He should not publicly pass total blame to them without taking on amny responsibility.
  • Options
    Desperately need Stockley and Washington back, then we’ll be fine 
    Ooops

Looking at the five teams directly below us, they haven't been getting a point a match all season so shouldn't get any more than 46 points. The question is, can we get those 6 more points ourselves? There are 10 games to go but we've only got 1 lucky point in our last eight matches!!!
  • Options
    Yes 
  • Options
    Ask me again after the next 4 games. If we don't win any of them we are in big trouble.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Ask me again after the next 4 games. If we don't win any of them we are in big trouble.
    Given that three of the next four are against teams below us we’ll be absolutely f***ed if we don’t win any of them! 
  • Options
    Still think we will be safe.....but only just

Bottom 4 arent picking up many point. Only Gillingham look like they could get out of it but then Wimbledon or Fleetwood would replace them. 

Will be our lowest finishing position & I doubt we will be any higher than 14th......and that's being optimistic. 
  • Options
    Getting sucked in 
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Getting sucked in 
    Is that with a smile on your face , IAgree ? 

:smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It doesn’t work like this in practice of course, but if you take our 11 wins in 36 and extrapolate over the next 10 games, we get 3 wins - just.

That should be enough based on picking up some draws as well, but our form to date suggests 3 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats - 12pts 

52pts in total.  Squeaky bum time, but I can’t see Morecombe of AFC Wimbledon catching us 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Still got a 7 point cushion from the bottom 4. Goal difference means they have to gain 3 wins over us in 9 games. We need to preferably win but at least avoid defeat against Gillingham, Doncaster, Morcambe and Wimbledon. If we do that we should be ok just but nevertheless likely to finish in our worst league position since World War 2 or even seeking re-election nearly 100 years ago!
  • Options
    It’s not just points but the number of teams between us & 4th bottom.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Can't see where the wins will come from. We lost to Crewe FFS. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Brownie said post match we should be getting 2-3 wins from the next four. I agree with him. 

“Should.”

After those four, we have a couple of tough games in Rotherham and Ipswich away but otherwise I’d like to think we can pick up another couple of wins from Lincoln, Morecambe, Cambridge and Shrewsbury.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Chunes said:
    That’s always how it feels when your team is on a bad run… I’m sure the same things were being said prior to Jackson winning four of his first five.

We had just lost to Accrington, Lincoln and Bolton. No-one knows where the next win comes from at that point. But the wins came.
  • Options
    I think we will survive, just, but only because there are too many teams below us for enough to overtake us and send us down.

Absolutely atrocious though.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    That’s always how it feels when your team is on a bad run… I’m sure the same things were being said prior to Jackson winning four of his first five.

We had just lost to Accrington, Lincoln and Bolton. No-one knows where the next win comes from at that point. But the wins came.
    Yeah , let’s tin him and get the new manager bounce because he’s not capable of getting 5 wins or whatever on the bounce now .

we won’t go down 
    the fact it’s being discussed proves what a shameful shower of shit our football team is