Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    Wimbledon only drawing against Donnie was helpful too, ditto Fleetwood drawing after being 3-0 up at Pompey 
  • Options
    I still don’t think that sufficient of the several teams below us will all get past us to send us down. But today is the first time I have seriously begun to get worried. 
  • Options
    Free hit against Sunderland, again probably be a case of how many they want. Then the big games start
  • Options
    5 soon to be 6 defeats on the bounce in fucking league one suggests that we are more than capable of going down. One team often gets sucked in and it is increasingly looking like it will be us.

A team of gutless wankers with zero fight does not bode well.

If a couple.of teams below us go on a run we are bang in trouble. Said already and I will say it again, we will go to Ipswich needing something to stay up and if we do I would not be banking on our mob turning up.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Curbs says no in the studio.
  • Options
    Sounds like Jackson's lost the dressing room.

For one reason or another, it evidently sounds like the incredibly sensitive dressing room have once again United themselves and have all mutually decide to just give up....again.

The dressing room and training ground obviously has a bad negative atmosphere and it has a lack of energy. They don't know how to pick THEMSELVES up. Do they always constantly rely on a manager? To do and say exactly what is required.
    At least find a middle ground.

They don't play for the shirt. They play for  the money making contract agreement and probably have an agent sleeping in a spare room.

I hope Jackson doesn't give up and or doesn't get sacked.

How many more times is this dreadful form binge going to happen?
  • Options
    Today I found myself cheering for Ipswich and Portsmouth. In the weeks to come maybe Fleetwood and Morecambe will get the wins they need. There were only 6 points in it on the live table today. To think that we are not in a relegation battle is arrogance.
  • Options
    Can’t believe I’m even thinking about this. Even just a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have given this a second thought.

Think we’ll be fine, but christ is that little run when Jacko was caretaker and the players put a shift in looking very important now.

What a disastrous, massive underachievement 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't think it will happen, I think the spine of the team that Jacko got when he took over as caretaker returning will be a bit of a catalyst for us - players coming back is always a boost for morale for fans as well as the players, these will be players that haven't had to go through what the others have gone through confidence wise- what I do think though is it will be the latest stage ever til we are mathematically safe in all our time in league one, which is worrying in itself.

Think we will be  mathematically safe with 3 games left IMO
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I’m not arrogant or taking anything for granted, but we’ve had a tough run of games which I wasn’t expecting too much from.It’s the next 6 games which will determine our fate.

Really don’t want to be going to Ipswich away last game of the Season having to get a result to stay up!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Mike said:
    Free hit against Sunderland, again probably be a case of how many they want. Then the big games start
    I remember people saying the exact same thing last season but about the season in general once Adkins took over. 1 more point last season and we'd had been in the play offs. But people said.."nah, let Adkins bed in & we can give it a go next season". Look how that turned out. 

So, no game is a "free hit". A point next week could mean the difference between staying up or the dreaded drop. You just never know.

FWIW. I don't think we'll get relegated just because the bottom 4 need to start winning games. None are like Burton last season. Today 2 of them were winning, one by 3-0,  but still they only drew. 

I agree the big games come after next week but I think we'll win another 5 or 6 games and will end up 14th-16th. 
  • Options
    Plenty of 'free hits' around December/January in the championship. How did that end up?
  • Options
    Current odds are 66-1
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We still have a cushion of 8 points with 6 pointers to come against Gillingham, Morecambe and Doncaster. If we win those we should be ok.
  • Options
    Completely off topic but I’ve just been told that Leeds manager Bielsa has walked. Can’t see it anywhere though.
  • Options
    Completely off topic but I’ve just been told that Leeds manager Bielsa has walked. Can’t see it anywhere though.
    Depends who's told you. If it was the Leeds chairman I'd believe him. On the other hand if it was a drunk down the pub then maybe not. 
  • Options
    More chance of making the play offs than going down
  • Options
    I honestly wonder wether we will get another point this season. JJ… is fecking clueless…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    More chance of making the play offs than going down
    I assume you're either being sarcastic or drunk. 

Just look at the table & think again. We are twice the number of points away from the top 6 than we are the bottom 4. I dont think we'll get relegated but it's a damn sight closer odds than the play offs are.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Current odds are 66-1
    Was 150-1 this time last weekend after Oxford and 100-1 after the MK Dons game.
    Wonder what it will look like after the Sunderland and Accrington games. Fearing the worst.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    We still have a cushion of 8 points with 6 pointers to come against Gillingham, Morecambe and Doncaster. If we win those we should be ok.
    Right now i wouldn't fancy us to beat anyone because the lack of creativity is alarming.

Bolton - 3 shots on target.
    Wigan - 1 on target
    Oxford - 2 on target
    MK Dons - 0 on target
    Sheff Weds - 1 on target

Let's hope the return of Fraser and Stockley (and hopefully Aneke or Washington) can help change that.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    As bad as we’ve been, despite losing five on the bounce the margin to Morecambe has only narrowed by 1 or 2 points as they can’t buy a win either. I can’t see them suddenly winning four on the boubce even if we keep losing. There are also another three or four teams who would all need to get past us. I very much doubt it will happen even if we only pick up another five or six points (which I think we will). It’s quite possible we have enough points in the bag already to stay up even if we lose the rest of our games. I’m confident we won’t. It’ll be uncomfortable though. 
  • Options
    Part of me wants to survive relegation by only a couple of points so that Sandgaard realises the scale of problem he’s facing. There’s a danger that a good run in might lead to complacency. 
  • Options
    We lost to Crewe without any fight. We lost to Lincoln with no fight. We drew with Morecombe when we were doing ok.  To say the easier games coming up will see us good is a lot of confidence.  We need players back and to stay fit and we need Jacko to get them motivated somehow.

Al those will be scrapping hard.
  • Options
    Desperately need Stockley and Washington back, then we’ll be fine 
  • Options
    Desperately need Stockley and Washington back, then we’ll be fine 
    Your right but it's a very sad state of affairs.  I like Washington but he is hardly brilliant and we haven't had a viable Stockley alternative all season.

It's shocking that we have won one game all season that neither Stockley nor Aneke have played.