Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    Lose against Gills we could be in trouble. As long as Stockley and Washington can stay fit I'll think we'll be fine 
  • Options
    I’m very concerned, especially if Gillingham turn us over on Tuesday night. We cannot lose that that game. Gillingham are a different mustard with Harris in charge it will not be easy.

I really don’t feel like this team has the fight or the bottle to grind out big results, it makes me feel uneasy. That third relegation spot looms closer and closer by the week.

ideally we need Washington back in the starting 11, he’s not the best goal scorer but he without question gives 100% and is excellent at closing down from the front. Which I feel is an area we really lack. We don’t close down enough and we are to happy to let other teams control the game.

We are not safe yet, far from it.
    We shouldn’t get relegated, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did happen this season with how we are playing as a team.

You do realise that four go down, don't you?

Maybe in Scandinavia this is not common knowledge. I doubt our Danish wally friend even knows it.

Dodgy ground calling a Finn a Scandinavian mate 

😉
  • Options
    YES
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’m very concerned, especially if Gillingham turn us over on Tuesday night. We cannot lose that that game. Gillingham are a different mustard with Harris in charge it will not be easy.

I really don’t feel like this team has the fight or the bottle to grind out big results, it makes me feel uneasy. That third relegation spot looms closer and closer by the week.

ideally we need Washington back in the starting 11, he’s not the best goal scorer but he without question gives 100% and is excellent at closing down from the front. Which I feel is an area we really lack. We don’t close down enough and we are to happy to let other teams control the game.

We shouldn’t get relegated, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did happen this season with how we are playing as a team.
    I’d take Harris right now
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can't see where the wins will come from. We lost to Crewe FFS. 
    That’s always how it feels when your team is on a bad run… I’m sure the same things were being said prior to Jackson winning four of his first five.

We had just lost to Accrington, Lincoln and Bolton. No-one knows where the next win comes from at that point. But the wins came.
    But then we changed manager... 
  • Options
    People saying that JJ is sticking to his formation is his way of showing TS what type of players are needed for next season amazes me. Like everyone else I have no idea what his performance based contract has in it but I really doubt getting us back into a relegation struggle is one of the automatic renewal flags lol. If he doesnt turn this around very soon he will be gone then is true Charlton fashion we will see what Jason Euell has to offer as a manager I spose
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    JamesSeed said:

I’d take Harris right now
    We've all been taking it up the harris watching this bunch of jokers all season
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    On a separate note - I was absolutely thrilled at the idea of not having to go to Gillingham away next season, how on earth have they pulled this off?!
    Change of manager......and one that wasn't part of the previous 3 management regimes.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2022
    AndyG said:
    People saying that JJ is sticking to his formation is his way of showing TS what type of players are needed for next season amazes me. Like everyone else I have no idea what his performance based contract has in it but I really doubt getting us back into a relegation struggle is one of the automatic renewal flags lol. If he doesnt turn this around very soon he will be gone then is true Charlton fashion we will see what Jason Euell has to offer as a manager I spose
    I think its more trying to work out why JJ is sticking to the formation, 352. It sounds unlikely but maybe JJ is trying to show TS/MS this but who knows what's going on ? Sometimes managers demonstrate what the team is missing by playing what's available and the owner says is good enough. This is particularly if an owner thinks there are sufficient resources. I am completely guessing, and likely way off, but who knows.
  • Options
    If we lose to Gills on Tuesday I think we're down. We are in a terrible run of form and seem completely devoid of organisation and ideas. It's funny, cause at times this season we have been unplayable! How can the same group of players be so bi-polar? It comes from the manager and as much as I love Jacko, I feel he'll be gone Tuesday night. TS will have to act if we lose and I'm surprised he hasn't done so already tbh - he dragged his heels with Bowyer and Adkins, so can't make the same mistake again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we lose against the Gills (strong possibility) I worry we could well get embroiled in a battle that I don't think we are up to. Never thought relegation was a possibility this season. Very depressing.
  • Options
    Still highly unlikely mainly based on how bad the teams below us are but , at some point these teams will win some games and especially if they are against us sooner rather than later it will become squeaky bum time. To be honest though if we lose against Morcombe, Gillingham and Doncaster then we deserve to go down
  • Options
    vff said:
    AndyG said:
    I think its more trying to work out why JJ is sticking to the formation, 352. It sounds unlikely but maybe JJ is trying to show TS/MS this but who knows what's going on ? Sometimes managers demonstrate what the team is missing by playing what's available and the owner says is good enough. This is particularly if an owner thinks there are sufficient resources. I am completely guessing, and likely way off, but who knows.

Has JJ actually been asked about his tactics post game? I don't follow Charlton TV so haven't seen any post match interviews but surely the rigid sticking to the failing formation, playing multiple players out of position would be some of the first things that come up?? Is he just ducking them or are they not being asked?? 

Not expecting him to lay out his entire thought process or tactical plans on TV (like KR used to do) but there has GOT to be a reason he sticks so rigidly to it even when it isn't working, and only changes the personnel every week?

• Options
    vff said:
    AndyG said:

Has JJ actually been asked about his tactics post game? I don't follow Charlton TV so haven't seen any post match interviews but surely the rigid sticking to the failing formation, playing multiple players out of position would be some of the first things that come up?? Is he just ducking them or are they not being asked?? 

Not expecting him to lay out his entire thought process or tactical plans on TV (like KR used to do) but there has GOT to be a reason he sticks so rigidly to it even when it isn't working, and only changes the personnel every week?

I think Charlton reporters do ask difficult questions but have to be diplomatic and maintain a working professional relationship. 

Hi JJ, why are you picking the same formation, week in and week out, with players apparently unable / unmotivated to play it ? Is it yours or the players fault, or a bit of both ? That's probably a bit blunt. 
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:
    AndyG said:

I think Charlton reporters do ask difficult questions but have to be diplomatic and maintain a working professional relationship. 

Hi JJ, why are you picking the same formation, week in and week out, with players apparently unable / unmotivated to play it ? Is it yours or the players fault, or a bit of both ? That's probably a bit blunt. 

I don't think asking why we are sticking to the same formation after the last 10 games is a difficult or unfair question at all. Even when we had 3 strikers out injured we were still playing it.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Well Donald didn’t survive, let’s all hope Jacko does, make Charlton great again!

https://youtube.com/shorts/uwP6fzdDvbE?feature=share
  • Options
    Gillingham will up their game, they always do. The other teams
    must be queuing up……

A few weeks ago I thought keep the faith and rebuild, however I assumed that would be in league one, by next Saturday evening we could well be drawn (not sucked!) in to a relegation battle.

If  there is going to be a change in management should this be now, or at the end of the season?  
  • Options

You do realise that four go down, don't you?

Maybe in Scandinavia this is not common knowledge. I doubt our Danish wally friend even knows it.
    Completely forgot there’s four relegation places my bad 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    If we lose to Gills on Tuesday I think we're down. We are in a terrible run of form and seem completely devoid of organisation and ideas. It's funny, cause at times this season we have been unplayable! How can the same group of players be so bi-polar? It comes from the manager and as much as I love Jacko, I feel he'll be gone Tuesday night. TS will have to act if we lose and I'm surprised he hasn't done so already tbh - he dragged his heels with Bowyer and Adkins, so can't make the same mistake again.
    Hysterical post.
  • Options
    Two wins out of the next four games and we will be fine 🙂 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not concerned about relegation at all. Purely because bottom 4 are cack. To be relegated we would probably need to lose to Gillingham, Doncaster, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Morecambe. However bad we are I can’t see us getting turned over by all those teams.

Gillingham still have to play Sunderland, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday. If we win on Tuesday. We are safe IMO.

We will crawl ourselves over the line. Personally think the points difference will be between 3 and 6 points come final day.
    We have only beaten 2 of those sides in the reverse fixtures........ 
    Four of those we played away though... Our away form has been shocking this season

If it wasnt for our home form then we'd be in even deeper shit.

The fact that Gillingham | Shrewsbury | Lincoln | Morecambe have to come to us, will probably save us
  • Options
    Two wins out of the next four games and we will be fine 🙂 
    Problem is it’s taken us our last nine games (and counting) to record two wins! 
  • Options
    I think its a real possibility....very hard to swallow that but our form is dire.

I wonder if whoever is planning the recruitment is drawing up a list of players that would come to a league 2 Charlton?

Drawing up two lists happens when youre in promotion contention when it's not a certainty, I wonder if the same is happening behind the scenes in case of relegation?
  • Options
    It’s a definite possibility. 2 things we lack is momentum, being on this dire run, and fight. Of course, a win or two soon should be enough but unfortunately there are worse 125-1 bets out there. I’m sure a “smaller” club in our position would be much shorter odds.
  • Options
    125/1 to get relegated. 

Might put on a fiver so it covers the cost of travel, tickets for this masterful season if we go down.
  • Options
    Probably not going to go down, but that will be AT LEAST as much due to other teams (somehow) doing even worse as it will this shower of shit actually DESERVING to stay up.

I don't know if it's the worst team ever, quality wise, but I'm hard pressed to think of one that was more depressing. 
  • Options
    If we fail to beat Gillingham tomorrow then, sadly, yes
    All the fight, professionalism and determination shown while JJ was 'caretaker/interim/whatever' has evaporated from all but Dobbo
    Bad result on Tuesday, the (sparse) crowd will go postal and this lightweight bunch of crocks and pisstakers will meekly subside into League 2 and new depths of ignominy.
    JJ's persistence with a formation for which he's never had the personnel is a fatal combination of arrogance and idiocy.
  • Options
    Big couple of games this and could prove very telling. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’m sure people make these suggestions about us “going down” without even looking at the league table.

Wimbledon haven’t won in 18 games! As bad as we are right now, somehow there are a bunch of teams in this division worse than us, and it’s taking them an absolute lifetime to bridge the points delta. How that is even possible, I can’t really comprehend, but that is what’s happening. 
  • Options
    I went with a ground hopping mate of mine to Wimbledon/Lincoln on Saturday and believe me Wimbledon were shocking.