Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    I've never used the fans bar, but that certainly would encourage me to try it
  • edited October 2021
    Real Ale is a slow pour right ? That should be fun in Crossbars ! Jokes aside HT ordering is a great idea though. Hopefully the mobile coffee goes well and they introduce lager after Xmas. 
  • shirty5 said:
    I've never used the fans bar, but that certainly would encourage me to try it
    If they know how to pour it correctly of course 
  • Timothy Taylor not a bad pint either. Good to see some progress on the match experience side 👍
  • OH GOOD, THAT WILL TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF LOSING EVERY WEEK (for the old farts at least)
  • Good idea!
  • edited October 2021
    shine166 said:
    Real Ale is a slow pour right ? That should be fun in Crossbars ! Jokes aside HT ordering is a great idea though. Hopefully the mobile coffee goes well and they introduce lager after Xmas. 
    Don’t understand why the ‘half time ordering’ isn’t app/internet based! Would slipstream things so much easier
  • I like the idea of real ale for a halftime drink, so much better that what’s on offer but I doubt it will happen. 
    I’d settle for some real football. 
  • Need to make it 11-13% so we all forget how shit the football is
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Need to make it 11-13% so we all forget how shit the football is
    Bottles of Gold Label
  • sammy391 said:
    shine166 said:
    Don’t understand why the ‘half time ordering’ isn’t app/internet based! Would slipstream things so much easier
    Probably not worth the output, while the beer and food is outsourced. 
  • Good idea and one that should have been implemented years ago. Well done the club.
  • Interesting choice.
    The fella who looked after our goats while we were in the UK told me that a Timothy Taylor pint is a notoriously bad traveler 🤔
  • Maybe real ale but in bottles. Doesn't taste the same but miles better than getting the shits after a badly kept keg.
  • edited October 2021
  • edited October 2021
    Maybe real ale but in bottles. Doesn't taste the same but miles better than getting the shits after a badly kept keg.
    Bottles would be sensible, imagine how slow it would be by the time it’s poured, the customer has held it up to the light, wiped the condensation off the glass, held it up to the light again and muttered; yes bottles would be sensible 
  • Interesting choice.
    The fella who looked after our goats while we were in the UK told me that a Timothy Taylor pint is a notoriously bad traveler 🤔
    Tastes fine down here in Dorset
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:
    Please do support these initiatives, which have come from feedback from the Fans Forum and other subsequent feedback meetings with club and caterers. Hopefully just a taste of things to come - and not a bitter one ;)
    Hopefully it will be a warmer drink than the Bovril that was mentioned at your last shindig 
  • shirty5 said:
    razil said:
    Please do support these initiatives, which have come from feedback from the Fans Forum and other subsequent feedback meetings with club and caterers. Hopefully just a taste of things to come - and not a bitter one ;)
    Hopefully it will be a warmer drink than the Bovril that was mentioned at your last shindig 
    I can’t claim the Bovril honours ‘sadly’
  • Good idea but needs to be executed properly. Keeping real ale isn’t the same as keeping lager. You don’t just connect the keg and bingo off you go. Just hope they employ someone that knows the pub game and knows how to manage real ale. Somehow I doubt it.
    Doesn’t it say different ale each time therefore no ‘keeping’ to worry about? 

I’m no expert but assume  that means it will just be done as a connect and go to make it manageable. 
  • sammy391 said:
    shine166 said:
    Academic I’d say.  If the football continues as is no one will be around to form a queue. 
  • Good idea but needs to be executed properly. Keeping real ale isn’t the same as keeping lager. You don’t just connect the keg and bingo off you go. Just hope they employ someone that knows the pub game and knows how to manage real ale. Somehow I doubt it.
    Doesn’t it say different ale each time therefore no ‘keeping’ to worry about? 

I’m no expert but assume  that means it will just be done as a connect and go to make it manageable. 
    Not just the keeping mate. Pipe cleaning is critical as well as temperature and other boring things. As I said, good idea but if it isn’t executed properly it will fail miserably. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Worst thing for me about the fans bar is they cant serve you until half time, i tend to go down around 43/44 and and then still wait by the bar till half time to be served, they say its because you cant have alcohol in the view of the game but the blinds are down anyway. I always think they could at least take your order and pour your drinks then give them to you at HT to save time 

Hopefully this order pregame and show reciept saves a bit of time
  • Doesn’t this happen every few years? 

Fans ask for real ale, club / caterer start a real ale offering, popular at first but soon tails off, club stop selling real ale.

Three years later fans say ‘why don’t you sell real ale’ and the cycle begins again.

Am I imagining this?

Regards
    Stella Foster
  • Doesn’t this happen every few years? 

Fans ask for real ale, club / caterer start a real ale offering, popular at first but soon tails off, club stop selling real ale.

Three years later fans say ‘why don’t you sell real ale’ and the cycle begins again.

Am I imagining this?

Regards
    Stella Foster
    Sales of Real Ale in the East Stand kiosk seemed pretty steady to me

What was perhaps a bit silly is that they went from selling it one ale from a polypin (i.e. small volumes with little wastage) to selling 2 different ales from the cask, a much more expensive operation.