Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real ale to be available in the Fans' Bar on matchdays

124»

Comments

• Options
    I have been emailing Gather & Gather since early August about resuming the real ale fans choice in the fans bar.
    It’s slow going, I suspect due to changing personnel at both Charltons staff & the caterer’s. Like reinventing the wheel.

Richard Craig the catering manager responsible for stadiums is on holiday until September 7th and his boss has not responded to my mail.

Suppose I can make do with with Deuchars for the time being.

This subject should be brought up at the next fans meeting with TS.
    Wycombe Wanderers' beer comes from the nearby Rebellion Brewery in Marlow. In their main bar they had these on the bar serving fresh beer, which is the perfect solution for a football club only open once a week or so, as the beer keeps for 3 weeks, and it doesn't need cellarage like a real ale cask. 

https://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/beers/mini-barrels.aspx
  • Options
    Update on Fans choose Ale/Fans bar.

lack of action so far, Richard Craig has passed me onto Sarah Pitty but no promises.
     So Craig told me by email

“ The club are still in discussions and a long-term brewery partner is still to be confirmed . Once everything is agreed we’ll be engaging our fans and looking at various promotions “

He asked Sarah Pitty - “ In the short term can you please see if we can get any of the suggested real ale’s from our current brewery “

None of the above gives me confidence so I’ll phone this Sarah Pitty tomorrow.

• Options
    Has there not been a barrel of Deuchars in the fans bar for every game?
    There certainly has the three times I've been in there this season!
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    Has there not been a barrel of Deuchars in the fans bar for every game?
    There certainly has the three times I've been in there this season!
    Ok, good to know. I did sample a pint of Deuchars last visit, not bad at all.

I did enjoy the system of fans choosing the ale though, that’s what I like to restart.  
  • Options
    As soon as they get some real ale in no doubt someone will be moaning it's "boring" and demanding they serve one of those hazy sick-in-a-glass "craft" beers.