Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Now the dust has settled a bit ....

when did we go all Millwall and start throwing stuff at opposition players? Not just once last night but twice. Utterly disgusted at such moronic behaviour. Hope the culprits are found and banned. 

Comments

• What got thrown?
  • It was a plastic Oasis bottle with lid whilst he was down then another shortly after. Embarrassing.
  • Kids in the second halfway line incident…..apparently.
  • The fella celebrating with Pell for his first goal  got hit with something in front of the covered end and appeared to have been hurt , no idea what it was ….
  • edited October 2021
    Could do with some teacups being thrown around in the dressing room!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not advocating for throwing stuff at opposition players, to be clear.

But what the fuck did the Accrington players expect, giving it the large to a set of fans they knew were already furious.  

Two sets of bellends here if you ask me.
    Some football fans are so precious. Love to give it out to the opposition and opposition fans all game, and the moment one of them ever comes and gives a little back they throw there toys (or Oasis bottles in this case) out the pram. 

It’s fine to be furious, and I’m all for ‘passion’, it’s part of being a football fan. But there’s literally zero excuse to throw some dangerous projectile out of a stand and at someone on the pitch. Zero.

Fortunately it’s very much the minority that ever do this.
    I’m with you, generally speaking.

What I am saying is Pell is a fuckin bellend as well, and whilst I’m fine with banning orders for fans throwing objects, I feel zero sympathy for Pell.
    Yeah he is, though as we know some part of it was to do with Accrington’s game plan. 

It’s classic though that you feel the same fans who would have lauded someone like Lyle Taylor being a shit bag to opposition fans like that, then can’t handle it when it’s done back to them.
    And if Lyle Taylor landed an oasis bottle on his head I’d say, well what the fuck do you expect, again.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Not advocating for throwing stuff at opposition players, to be clear.

But what the fuck did the Accrington players expect, giving it the large to a set of fans they knew were already furious.  

Some football fans are so precious. Love to give it out to the opposition and opposition fans all game, and the moment one of them ever comes and gives a little back they throw there toys (or Oasis bottles in this case) out the pram. 

It’s fine to be furious, and I’m all for ‘passion’, it’s part of being a football fan. But there’s literally zero excuse to throw some dangerous projectile out of a stand and at someone on the pitch. Zero.

What I am saying is Pell is a fuckin bellend as well, and whilst I’m fine with banning orders for fans throwing objects, I feel zero sympathy for Pell.
    Yeah he is, though as we know some part of it was to do with Accrington’s game plan. 

It’s classic though that you feel the same fans who would have lauded someone like Lyle Taylor being a shit bag to opposition fans like that, then can’t handle it when it’s done back to them.
    And if Lyle Taylor landed an oasis bottle on his head I’d say, well what the fuck do you expect, again.  
    Well it’s a sad state of affairs that we live in a world where a set of football fans who get celebrated in front of by an opposition player it’s not unexpected that they will throw an object at them that could cause quiet serious harm. 

Just remember the bloke jumping up and down in front of the covered end giving the fans the big one ain’t hurting anything apart from their egos.
    I don’t make the rules for the world mate.  If I celebrated in front of an angry crowd I’d expect something thrown at me, so I wouldn’t do it, even though as I’ve clearly said, throwing objects is wrong.
  • edited October 2021
    Kids in the second halfway line incident…..apparently.
    How on earth could they pick them out of such a huge crowd? oh...
  • Hal1x said:
    Kids in the second halfway line incident…..apparently.
    How on earth could they pick them out of such a huge crowd? oh...
    Well they stayed in their sits, rather than moving. Not that it would have made much difference in the AC stand.
  • Yup the AC stand plastic empty bottle thrower was about 13 sitting front row with 4 or 5 mates. Stupid thing to do which looked to be done without malice but more about getting a laugh from his mates - Either way I agree is totally unacceptable. Not sure whether banning orders can be given to kids that age but would hope the ground eviction & reaction from his parents would be enough of a lesson. 
  • when did we go all Millwall and start throwing stuff at opposition players? Not just once last night but twice. Utterly disgusted at such moronic behaviour. Hope the culprits are found and banned. 
    One camera angle showed the culprit launching the bottle from the covered end as clear as day
  • edited October 2021
    Not the first home game this season where bottles and coins have been thrown at opposition players after a goal has been conceded. 

Bolton’s first goal 3 weeks ago items thrown at the players from the end block of the lower covered end by the tunnel. Accrington’s first goal, again the same block. 

Kids with bottles at Pell on the halfway line from the East stand during the second half. The ref pointed out one of the culprits to Meire’s ex bodyguard, David Bad Jumper. 

Plus the idiot that comes onto the pitch at Lincoln on Saturday and gobs at the back of the neck of their keeper.

We have some idiots following us and expect a fine from the FA for what happened last night, 
  • edited October 2021
    Not advocating for throwing stuff at opposition players, to be clear.

Well it’s a sad state of affairs that we live in a world where a set of football fans who get celebrated in front of by an opposition player it’s not unexpected that they will throw an object at them that could cause quiet serious harm. 

Just remember the bloke jumping up and down in front of the covered end giving the fans the big one ain’t hurting anything apart from their egos.
    but...but.....what about the fan's mental health?

I'm with @BR7_addick on this. Yes...it is 100% wrong to throw things onto the pitch (obviously pigs, taxis, beachballs, programs excepted) - but if you celebrate like that in front of home fans then (unfortunately) you should expect the odd thing being chucked at you.

He knew what he was doing.
  • All part of the game plan I'm afraid as demonstrated here by Harry Pell.  Teams know they can capitalise on the toxic atmosphere at Charlton and get the crowd to turn on their own side.

Well he comes across about 100x more likeable than I found him last night. We don't have a single player left here who can put up anything like the fight/shithousery he did
    "When I used to support this team"

You don't just stop supporting a side... Talking rubbish. I also miss having a shithouse player. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    All part of the game plan I'm afraid as demonstrated here by Harry Pell.  Teams know they can capitalise on the toxic atmosphere at Charlton and get the crowd to turn on their own side.

Well he comes across about 100x more likeable than I found him last night. We don't have a single player left here who can put up anything like the fight/shithousery he did
    "When I used to support this team"

You don't just stop supporting a side... Talking rubbish. I also miss having a shithouse player. 
    I would have loved to have had Duncan Ferguson here when he was at his peak of shithousery.
    I loved watching him.... even in that game where he got sent off for laying HH out in the Premiership days.