Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now the dust has settled a bit ....

124»

Comments

• Options
    I Sit in E block so was pretty close to it going on, I agree they spent far too much time in front of the stand winding us all up whilst the ref happily let it carry on.The launching of a handful of chips by someone was pretty funny, impressive throw to reach as well!
    Was it only chips that were thrown? 

Is that really what we're discussing here?!
    no it wasn't. the first time whatever it was, likely a coin, hit one of their players and he was rubbing his head as if it hurt. it wasn't a chip. the ref picked it up and put it in his pocket. the second time it was quite clearly a bottle, empty or full, plastic or glass I don't know but it was a bottle.

and what we should be discussing here is not what was thrown but the fact some of our fans have decided throwing things at opposition players is a clever thing to do. It isn't.
  • Options
    Pell set out to deliberately wind up the home fans…..he knew exactly what he was doing and carried on pulling a good few other childish stunts for much of the game.
    He succeeded getting a silly little 13 year old getting thrown out and most likely banned.
    What an achievement!🙄
    no, the 13 year old succeeded in doing that. Anyway, the linesman drew the refs attention to that and the ref got the linesman to point out the offending to a steward who had the offender removed.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    It is scummy and unacceptable behaviour of course. However when did players start celebrating in front of opposition fans like that? Seems to be a regular thing for us now as soon as we concede. I can sort of understand it late on if our fans have been winding a player up all game that they want to rub our faces in it but this was less than 10 minutes in! Why would you provoke fans like that? And again, of course it’s not right, but what do players expect when they’re gloating in front of fans whose team are bottom of the league in a stadium with an already toxic atmosphere?
    All part of the game plan I'm afraid as demonstrated here by Harry Pell.  Teams know they can capitalise on the toxic atmosphere at Charlton and get the crowd to turn on their own side.

Sign him up.
    Likely to be the best game he has all season. He was very good at times and other times easily gave the ball away so decided to hit the deck like he'd just been taken out by a sniper