Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Nice tidy first half, and we are playing with an intensity not seen for a while, come on lads second half should be there for the taking..get in you men in black B)
  • Options
    Stockley doing the type of work I'd expect Washington to be doing near the end. 
  • Options
    I love JJ
  • Options
    Great half by the sounds.  Step it up in the 2nd please lads!
  • Options
    Wycombe 1-0 Crewe
  • Options
    very very good team performance in that half. 

Defended as a unit. Nice to see us not trying to play out from the back all the time. 

You win games with the ball in the opponents half. 
  • Options
    Good half from the boys, worked hard… already missing Lavelle but got to keep this up for the 90 and not puff out after 60 again… FT prediction 1-1
  • Options
    Much better half of football. Looked solid, had a discernable formation and game plan. Keep going this way and we might grab a winner
  • Options
    Good solid first half. All of players trying for the shirt.

Actually enjoyed watching it.
  • Options
    This is going to be 1-0 not sure which way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who are these new eleven signings?

Been a much better performance

Shame we lost Lavelle to injury, not just because we've lost the player but feels like we've struggled to keep the ball since he went off - That delay handed Sunderland the momentum a little bit.

• Options
    Vast improvement, best we've played this season, I think we just shaded that first half.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Really good half. Did not expect us to be that competitive. Look a different team. It's still early but seems we were just plain using a system that didn't work.
  • Options
    Still not winning rubbish Jackson out put Euell in charge. Nice to see a defensive shape and a press getting close to people. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Since Ted Lasso left it seems the players are back onside 
  • Options
    No shots on target according to the BBC
  • Options
    Does look like players didn’t believe in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Not surprising when most fans didn’t either.
  • Options
    Same again second half will do me.
  • Options
    Funny how JJ managed to buy 11 new players in midweek and it got no publicity.

Keep it up! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having Gilbey and Lee in midfield creates more fluidity. Been pleasantly surprised by Dobson so far. Against a top side this has to be the best half this season.
  • Options
    45 mins with a clean sheet is a fantastic achievement, regardless. Some positive signs on today’s ‘free hit’
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Had a header on target early on from Lavelle
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Lavelle's header that was fumbled off for a corner by the keeper was on target. 
  • Options
    Looks like Jacko might have steadied the ship. Keep it up lads!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I thought Lavelle had a shot saved by the keeper?

• Options
    Not a 2nd half team….will see if they can keep it up
  • Options
    Decent. Not exceptional but we look competent. My worry is Sunderland really came back into it after Lavelle went off. Will we rue not being able to make more of the half chances we created and will momentum continue to swing towards Sunderland. Longer it’s 0-0 the deeper and edgier we will get. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Good spot with Steve and the academy holding a get together with the 12-16 year olds and their families good development for the youngsters
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!