Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    So much better, I worry we can’t keep this tempo for the full 90 mins though
  • Options
    Pearce coming on for Lavelle
    Groin injury suggested. Bad news anyway
  • Options

30' There's a break in play while a Charlton player receives treatment. They have seen more of the ball in the past 10 minutes. [0-0]
  • Options
    Hope Lavelle is ok
    Potential groin injury 
  • Options
    Expect expect that will be him out for a couple of months at least then. With Innis not back hopefully a good chance for Deji to maybe come in.
  • Options
    32' SUB  Sam Lavelle makes way for Jason Pearce. The defender had been down for a few moments receiving treatment. #safc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    I love Washington's effort, but he has to be one of the most technically limited players I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Delay just feels like its scuppered our momentum briefly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    34' It's been a good half, so far, for the Addicks as half-time approaches, but it remains goalless at the Stadium of Light. #safc 0 #cafc 0

• Options
    Jeez... Defence stood still for a moment and allowed a player in behind to flash the ball across the goal
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I love Washington's effort, but he has to be one of the most technically limited players I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
    I suppose playing regularly for N Ireland means nothing these days  :)
  • Options
    Pearce to score the winner.

You heard it here first.
    I'm always a bit concerned when Golfie is sounding upbeat so I'm assuming this a prediction for an og.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    He's hardly Carl Tiler!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I've only been watching Charlton for 40 years but, bugger me, that's harsh on Washy!
    Absolutely - I reckon I could fill 2 sides of A4 paper listing technically limited Charlton players, and Washington wouldn’t feature !!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Simon Church
    Joe Dodoo
    Tresor Kandol
    Yann Kermorgant 🎣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great covering from Leko in the area...

Sliding challenge to give away a corner but looked just in time before the trigger got pulled by their player
  • Options

38' Leko with a stupendous tackle in his own box to prevent a good Sunderland opportunity #safc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Great defending by Leko, I didn't think he had it in him
  • Options
    Worried we might have had our good half hour 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    For me he gets in positions others won’t due to his movement and energy, but lacks that extra bit of skill or pace to turn a one on one against a defender into a chance. On all round technical ability we’ve had far worse.
  • Options
    Just browsed the Sunderland forum. Summary: We are outplaying them. The ref is a Charlton fan. We’re playing as of our lives depend on it in our cup final. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I actually think he is quiet technically gifted in some aspects. His ability to take a ball, and control it and keep it when it’s fizzed at him/he is on the move/he’s under pressure is great. 
    Just overthinking his shots. Either end up being soft or disposessed.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I've only been watching Charlton for 40 years but, bugger me, that's harsh on Washy!
    Absolutely - I reckon I could fill 2 sides of A4 paper listing technically limited Charlton players, and Washington wouldn’t feature !!

2 sides of A4 with very, very small writing.

• Options
    1. 39'

Post update

Corner, Sunderland. Conceded by Jonathan Leko.

• Options
    Great defending by Leko, I didn't think he had it in him
    That one was for Tracey and Carl!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!