Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sunderland vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 23rd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Cautiously optimistic after that. Hopefully the fitness holds up. COYR.
  • Options
    Dobson's crucial to this. Shame about the card.
  • Options
    Brownie looked like a naughty schoolboy after smirking and getting a glare from Curbs lol
  • Options
    Windies 49 for 9
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Up until today we've left our full-backs one-on-one with their wingers and that's cost us so many goals. I notice that when their wingers have the ball now, we double up on them. Much better organisation from Jacko. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Chunes said:
    Croydon said:
    I love Washington's effort, but he has to be one of the most technically limited players I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
    He's hardly Carl Tiler!
    I raise you Phil Chappell...... who set the standard for limited players.
    Not for me, Phil played effectively within his limitations.
    Carl Tiler set the wooden spoon standard, truly gruesome to watch!
  • Options
    When we've had a good first half, the opposition managers have often changed things at HT and we've not reacted well.

I'm sure Johnson will change things, can Jacko react?

• Options
    Nice to see the Matthews we saw in the championship again, I'd forgotten what he looked like. 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cautiously optimistic after that. Hopefully the fitness holds up. COYR.
    It’s making me laugh the fitness thing, if a professional footballer wants to run hard for 90mins I’m pretty sure they can, let’s score 1st then worry about fitness.
  • Options
    When we've had a good first half, the opposition managers have often changed things at HT and we've not reacted well.

I'm sure Johnson will change things, can Jacko react?

Big 45mins for Jackson if he wants to keep his 100% record
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Up until today we've left our full-backs one-on-one with their wingers and that's cost us so many goals. I notice that when their wingers have the ball now, we double up on them. Much better organisation from Jacko. 
    And we’re doing it with a formation in which the weakness is fewer players out wide - shows the motivation is there and JJ has looked at how we manage that weakness tactically.
  • Options
    Great challenge from Matthews on the edge of our area!!
  • Options
    Adkins to Cardiff?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Nice to see the Matthews we saw in the championship again, I'd forgotten what he looked like. 
    His role in the formation means he can focus on defending, less need for him to add something going forward. He’s not directly up against wingers on his own either.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Does look like players didn’t believe in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Not surprising when most fans didn’t either.
    Yet they were all signed, or resigned, to play it......... 
  • Options
    We are winning today. It will feel strange but lovely
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.

• Options

50' Stockley plays in Washington who tries to turn his man, but the attack fizzles out. It's been a bright start to the half from the Londoners. #safc 0 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Does look like players didn’t believe in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Not surprising when most fans didn’t either.
    Yet they were all signed, or resigned, to play it......... 
    We know a man or two who did though
  • Options
    Danny Hollands scores for Eastleigh. Didn’t realise he was still playing.
  • Options
    Danny Hollands scores for Eastleigh. Didn’t realise he was still playing.
    I thought the same!!
  • Options
    I can't get over how much we are on top here, we need to make the most of the pressure, and deserve the win today, JJ bounce is there.. B)
  • Options
    Omg Purrington. Omg omg
  • Options
    So unlucky... How have we not scored!
  • Options
    Donny 3-0
  • Options
    Windies all out 55 !!
  • Options
    How did that stay out!!!! - Purrington you almost replicated Wembley
  • Options
    Windies 55 all out