Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 9th November 2021, 7pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    £10 for the stream feels a bit on the pricey side.
    I would be the opposite and charge 15 pounds a game but fear I would be in the minority 
  • Options
    Random one, does anyone know if I can leave my bag somewhere at the ground as I'm coming straight from work.
  • Options
    I know this paticular game is a bit of a dead rubber, but I'd like to see us going for this trophy for once. For all those that slag it off and wish we didn't enter, I'd wager that if we were to get to the final, you'd all want a ticket.
    I’ve stated all along I will take my kids to the final …. 
    I don’t want us to get there .
    shameful times as a stuck up, this isn’t our level, I hate the fact we are this shit and don’t want the blot of shitness on our history rubber stamped by winning a trophy palace’s u5s netball team entered 
  • Options
    I know this paticular game is a bit of a dead rubber, but I'd like to see us going for this trophy for once. For all those that slag it off and wish we didn't enter, I'd wager that if we were to get to the final, you'd all want a ticket.
    I wouldn't 
  • Options
    That’ll do nicely. Well done on a great first preview.

Feet up indeed and massage complete, partly touched on the ego too thanks to soapboxsam, but enjoyed that little write up.

A game Jacko will want the fringe players to show a bit of fight and put in a performance that they should be in the squad for the weekend. Youngsters an opportunity to impress. Very young team overall with all focus on Burton Albion away.

A draw with the match being won on penalties by Charlton. 
  • Options
    very informative. I didn’t know the rules about selection. Thanks.

this trophy could salvage something from the season...Wembley trip?
  • Options
    Random one, does anyone know if I can leave my bag somewhere at the ground as I'm coming straight from work.
    under your seat?
  • Options
    Class preview Ben, don't care about the cup or tonight but still credit where due.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great preview. Thank you for that. I must be one of a minority actually looking forward to this and enjoying the fact we’ve not bombed out of non-league things early.
  • Options
    nope 
  • Options
    Depends, does it come with fishing rights  B)
    Next you'll be asking for the Droit de Seigneur...
    That will be in the Google top 10 this morning, given our readership here. 
    No doubt followed by some outrage at something centuries old, with Bartram’s statue taken down for some reason. 😀
  • Options
    I don’t care for it at all. @Ben18’s write up that is. This is the Papa John’s Trophy, man. Why has the preview been given to a nobody😉
  • Options
    Especially when its £5 to actually turn up to the game for realsies. 
  • Options
    Big dilemma for me. 

Do I wait up until 3.45am to pay ten quid to see a pointless fixture in a pointless competition featuring four of our first team players ? 

Tricky.  
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching the game via the Charlton TV, as I'm not in London it's great to watch a game like this (and avoid the soaps)
  • Options
    Going to be very interesting seeing what the team is tonight. 

Assuming JJ sticks to the same formation, who plays in the back 3 especially as Gunter is not available on Saturday. Surely JJ would want to rest Famewo after Saturday and would he want to risk Pearce? So it's Clare and Elerewe and who else?

Same conondrum up front. With Washington away Saturday, Stockley and Davison are our only 2 recognised fit forwards. In such circumstances you surely wouldn't play either tonight. Is Burstow ready for a start? If so, who partners him? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players going away for Internationals should 100% play tonight.

Burstow should start as Davison will likely be playing Saturday. 

Elerewe and Barker to start IMO. 
  • Options

Gunter and Washington will be away with their countries already
  • Options

Gunter and Washington will be away with their countries already
    Yeah just see that! 
  • Options
    Do not forget, 7pm kick off tonight
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Do not forget, 7pm kick off tonight
    Cheers, I hadnt paid full attention to the thread title as presumed it was just a 7:45pm KO
  • Options
    Nice one Ben. Just adding to the positive feedback. The selection info was new on me too so very good to know. Cheers
  • Options
    Must admit, a tenner seems a lot for a nonsense game but the missus is out tonight and i can't see any other football on tv so i might go for it - i wonder whether next year, they may want to offer some free carabao and papa johns games - even if only away ones - as part of an incentive to season ticket holders - be more attracive than 20% off a cup of tea in March.     
  • Options
    Crazy that the stream remains £10 whilst tickets to the actual match are £5.

I'll be at Brisbane Road tonight, but I think it's still worth £10 despite there being nothing to play for. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Davey said:
    Davey said:
    Turns out I'll be in London tomorrow for a work commitment so thinking about heading along to the game if I have time.

Anyone know if tickets can be bought on the day at the ground?
    Sold out.
    haha, oh well, that answers that one pretty categorically.  Cheers.
    I've seen tickets going for £500 on stubhub

I think that was what people were offering to get them out of having to go.