Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 9th November 2021, 7pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Crazy that the stream remains £10 whilst tickets to the actual match are £5.

I'll be at Brisbane Road tonight, but I think it's still worth £10 despite there being nothing to play for. 
    and there's no pre show as far as i'm aware - bit of an oversight i reckon - a fiver seems about right  
  • Options
    Crazy that the stream remains £10 whilst tickets to the actual match are £5.

I'll be at Brisbane Road tonight, but I think it's still worth £10 despite there being nothing to play for. 
    Orient set the admission prices. 
  • Options
    Id go and watch Charlton at Wembley if it was the final of any competition, no matter how small or muggy. Bonkers if you wouldn't.
    Disagree - be like having a bath with your socks on - when i go to Wembley with Charlton, i want it to be for a proper cup or a play off with a full house, not some half arsed, half empty crap - Wembley is a soulless shit place only made special by special occassions or England matches and most of them are against shit teams that i wouldn't go to if i had a free ticket. Nothing bonkers about that.  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Id go and watch Charlton at Wembley if it was the final of any competition, no matter how small or muggy. Bonkers if you wouldn't.
    Disagree - be like having a bath with your socks on - when i go to Wembley with Charlton, i want it to be for a proper cup or a play off with a full house, not some half arsed, half empty crap - Wembley is a soulless shit place only made special by special occassions or England matches and most of them are against shit teams that i wouldn't go to if i had a free ticket. Nothing bonkers about that.  
    Id argue that the final between Sunderland and Portsmouth was far from soulless. I'd imagine we would take similar numbers.
  • Options
    I would'nt go either.   This is coming from a season ticket holder from the Upton Park days and living in Cornwall for 10 of those years
    before moving back to civilisation(-:
  • Options
    Not for me. The sooner we’re knocked out, the better.
  • Options
    I hate this competition....
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Id argue that the final between Sunderland and Portsmouth was far from soulless. I'd imagine we would take similar numbers.
    Can see both sides of this.

Wembley is not souless tho I'd argue.
    We won't get to the final anyway being Charlton in a shit competition. But if we did It's  good for kids and new supporters...I don't see any negatives in a Wembley final.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If, and it's a big if, we got to Wembley I would go as it maybe the only opportunity for my grandson, who has his first season ticket, to see us play there.
    I've been lucky (on two occasions) to see us play there three times but whose to say we'll ever get there again.
  • Options
    The OS states that Pearce is suspended, so far this season he has 3 yellow cards, one in the League and two in the Papa John's so I assume he is suspended as he got yellows in each of these two silly games, Mickey Mouse trophy with Mickey Mouse rules!!!
  • Options

Shall I honour this auspicious occasion with a Match Thread?

If that's a yes, give me a few minutes and I'll put it up.

• Options
    I think the majority saying they wouldn’t go if we reached the final, actually would go. 
  • Options
    The OS states that Pearce is suspended, so far this season he has 3 yellow cards, one in the League and two in the Papa John's so I assume he is suspended as he got yellows in each of these two silly games, Mickey Mouse trophy with Mickey Mouse rules!!!
    Bizarre to pick up more yellows in these matches than in the league! In retrospect, I'm surprised Pearce didn't play on Saturday instead of Famewo.

It does leave us very thin at the back. 2 CBs injured, 1 suspended, while Gunter (who has played right CB) is away
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Shall I honour this auspicious occasion with a Match Thread?

If that's a yes, give me a few minutes and I'll put it up.

Is it on ifollow ?

• Options
    U23 team with 5 who were involved last Saturday.
  • Options
    I think the majority saying they wouldn’t go if we reached the final, actually would go. 
    Seriously 100%
    I wouldn't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    U23 team with 5 who were involved last Saturday.
    Nice info.
    Thanks for the heads up

• Options
    We will work out the 5
  • Options
    Seriously 100%
    I wouldn't. 
    Elf’s said he would pay for all the beers.
  • Options
    Someone gis the formation I can only see two defenders playing?  Although granted I’ve no idea where Chin or Bakrin play.
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching this game. Two players that I watched years ago at Cray Wanderers Burstow for us and Omotoye for Orient. Amazing work from both Sean Foley and Lee Amis with these lads. Lets hope they both score but CAFC come out on top.
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching this game. Two players that I watched years ago at Cray Wanderers Burstow for us and Omotoye for Orient. Amazing work from both Sean Foley and Lee Amis with these lads. Lets hope they both score but CAFC come out on top.
    Your brave mentioning he should NEVER be named mate !!!
  • Options
    Someone gis the formation I can only see two defenders playing?  Although granted I’ve no idea where Chin or Bakrin play.
    Scrap that, Bakrin is a defender I’ve just seen somewhere, by process of elimination I’m assuming Chin can play right wing/wing back:

Harness
    Bakrin, Elewere, Souare
    Chin, Henry, Dempsey, Clayden
    Morgan
    Burstow, Davison

Feel free to correct me!
  • Options
    Not BARKER is it 
  • Options
    Not BARKER is it 
    ?