Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Albania/San Marino

Comments

• Options
    Was there last night, great 1st half performance. How Albania were defending reminded me of how we were defending under Adkins this season with what seemed to be having a high line exposed to pace and we fully capitalised and punished Albania rightly so for it.

Only slight down note there seemed to be quite a few Albania fans in the section I was in probably about 80% England which is quite odd when you have them sitting just 5 seats away to you but that's just a minor note on what was otherwise a very enjoyable night.
  • Options
    Was there last night, great 1st half performance. How Albania were defending reminded me of how we were defending under Adkins this season with what seemed to be having a high line exposed to pace and we fully capitalised and punished Albania rightly so for it.

Only slight down note there seemed to be quite a few Albania fans in the section I was in probably about 80% England which is quite odd when you have them sitting just 5 seats away to you but that's just a minor note on what was otherwise a very enjoyable night.
    Part and parcel of international football. Always get locals as London is a global city. I only ever go in the England which is just English. Thousand of English sit in the home end at Away matches. Unless we are playing Scotland then it’s normally fine.
  • Options
    Denmark currently beating the Faero Islands only 2-1

That's like us struggling to beat the Isle of Man
    You might want to re-calibrate your sights.  The Faroes have improved significantly in the last few years.  Check out their results.

They would thump the Isle of Man.
  • Options

Part and parcel of international football. Always get locals as London is a global city. I only ever go in the England which is just English. Thousand of English sit in the home end at Away matches. Unless we are playing Scotland then it’s normally fine.
    Yeah fair enough but having been to previous home games against Germany and France, I saw none whatsoever anywhere near me. They were probably more visible as we were sat not far from the away fans this time.
  • Options
    Drying dulux
  • Options
    Whoever dated that article is stuck in October... At least for calendar purposes.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    This makes me happy and sad at the same time, if that’s even possible.

• Options
    And no, I don’t mean the super monkey ball references!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    This makes me happy and sad at the same time, if that’s even possible.

So sad that it is soured by the whole stripey red n blue shithouse thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conor Gallagher the only midfielder on the bench. I would anticipate he's likely to make an appearance in the second half in place of Bellingham?
  • Options
    This is one of those occasions when  "you're worse than Crystal Palace" has never been more true!
  • Options
    1 min in - and a great observation from Sam Matterface. “England are in white in case you are confused” thanks Sam….England often wear orange. 
  • Options
    I think we've Qualified 
  • Options
    Good for England to get the early goal, it will settle any nerves  ;)
  • Options
    1 min in - and a great observation from Sam Matterface. “England are in white in case you are confused” thanks Sam….England often wear orange. 
    Better to say something banal and pointless than say nothing eh?

Matterface is from the Alan Partridge/Dave Clifton school of broadcasting.
  • Options
    Just need to hold out now. Need to secure qualification.
  • Options
    I think we've Qualified 
    The dream is certainly on. 
  • Options
    The San Marino kit is awful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More "H"s than line of duty. 
  • Options
    The San Marino kit is awful
    Quite like it ..
  • Options
    That pitch is awful
  • Options
    Cmon San Marino, grab yourself a goal here
  • Options
    Do own goals count? 
  • Options
    Thats settled it. Just defend now
  • Options
    Trevor Kettlesque yellow card there
  • Options
    Do own goals count? 
    Lovely lil finish from him 
  • Options
    OG all the way that one. 

Feel a bit bad for San Marino. The only thing I'd worry about now is injuries. 
  • Options
    The ref's doing a Kettle