Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Saturday's game with Burton will attract no more than 17k?  Years ago we would have had 25k for these £5 offer matches.
    I doubt it will be touching 17k personally 
    Me too if its a bums on seats count
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    We had a particular proactive strategy to sell out FFAF, part of which involved 300 primary schools. The club no longer has (all) those contacts and I doubt if it has done the same amount of work. Plus you have to factor in the recent wide availability of free tickets. As I say in the new Voice, it’s the first time it’s been offered as a price increase. I doubt the football is a huge factor, although obviously if we were top six it would encourage fans to come.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Had an email today from the club asking why I hadn't been lately (season ticket holder).......... I've only missed one game and was there at the weekend.......  :(
    Same here. Very poor.
    They need to ask you why youre not attending? Really???

What's even stranger, Tel, is that I've attended every home game bar one. That's insanity!  :p
  • Options
    The sensible answer is if these local boys clubs and schools want tickets then fine, however they need to collect what they need from the club on the day of the game to save wastage. 

Who needs a marketing consultant! 
  • Options
    FFAF , it’s the first time it’s been offered as a price increase. 
    Classic spot from Airman ,   In case anyone missed it ..
    only at Charlton could we have an offer which is an increase on recent activity 🙄🤣
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The sensible answer is if these local boys clubs and schools want tickets then fine, however they need to collect what they need from the club on the day of the game to save wastage. 

Who needs a marketing consultant! 

We'll have no common sense round here thank you very much. 
  • Options
    this letter raises as many if not more questions as it answers, but "we go again" I guess.
  • Options
    HandG said:

They realise they’ve made errors
    They’ve apologised for the errors
    They’ve actively sought the opinion of season ticket holders to do a better job going forward 

I know we’ve all got different opinions but isn’t that letter exactly what most season ticket holders want?

The guy is making loads of mistakes but his intentions are clearly good and, as he has proven in quite a few matters, at least he does listen if the fans moan loud enough.
    They are still blocking out whole sections for dumped tickets which won't be used. Thick as mince.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Saturday's game with Burton will attract no more than 17k?  Years ago we would have had 25k for these £5 offer matches.
    We will be lucky to have 10,000 in the ground on Saturday if we lose tomorrow night.
  • Options
    I received an email today urging me to get along to the match tomorrow. I live 555 miles away and can’t manage to get there on this occasion. Stupidly, I will probably pay an extra tenner to watch on the stream. Call me out for having more money than sense when it comes to Charlton but please don’t question my support just because I’m not physically at The Valley. 
    Weirdly I got two emails today;

"Get Tickets For Tomorrow Night's Game v Gillingham" with a button to buy a ticket

exactly one minute later;

"Make Sure You're Here For Tomorrow Night's Game v Gillingham" with a button to buy a ticket

Do their records not show I have a season ticket and have done so in the same seat for 30 years! I'm assuming the second email was to season ticket holders (although the button takes you to purchasing a ticket) so not sure why I got the first.

No doubt I'll be getting a 'where were you' email later in the week as I have a late meeting so highly unlikely I'll be at the game.

All becoming a little bizarre, do they really think anyone who wasn't going to go tomorrow night (regardless of reason) suddenly gets an email and will therefore go?
  • Options
    I honestly can’t believe how much people seem to be triggered by receiving a bloody customer email!!!

If it’s not relevant, you just ignore it or delete it. Takes up 2 seconds of your time. Of the dozens of emails you receive every day from companies that have your address, how many are fully relevant to you? I don’t read hardly any of them but I’m not kicking off with Toby Carvery, Deliveroo and Forest Holidays. You wouldn’t scream incompetence receiving a menu email from a pub you ate in just two days ago?

They’ve clearly down a mail out to their mailing list. it wasn’t just to buy tickets it was also to advertise the chance to upgrade, stadium tours and the Burton and womens game. It’s low cost, basic marketing.

Finding the near constant complaints, whinges, and opportunities to kick off about absolutely everything to do with Charlton on all aspects of social media utterly depressing. 

Moaning the club doesn't contact fans and moaning that the club contacts fans 
  • Options
    I honestly can’t believe how much people seem to be triggered by receiving a bloody customer email!!!

If it’s not relevant, you just ignore it or delete it. Takes up 2 seconds of your time. Of the dozens of emails you receive every day from companies that have your address, how many are fully relevant to you? I don’t read hardly any of them but I’m not kicking off with Toby Carvery, Deliveroo and Forest Holidays. You wouldn’t scream incompetence receiving a menu email from a pub you ate in just two days ago?

They’ve clearly down a mail out to their mailing list. it wasn’t just to buy tickets it was also to advertise the chance to upgrade, stadium tours and the Burton and womens game. It’s low cost, basic marketing.

Finding the near constant complaints, whinges, and opportunities to kick off about absolutely everything to do with Charlton on all aspects of social media utterly depressing. 

Spot on.  I got an email with a headline about Gillingham and deleted it without even opening it as I am already going.  It registered so little that I had forgotten all about it till I came on here. 

Every entertainment venue or retailer that has my email sends me tons of emails I am not interested in (an example being the Supporters Trust in fact who's emails I never read but am not unhappy to receive).  If I am annoyed by them I simply unsubscribe, that's why we have GDPR.

Do people really think the club has the man power to go through each email individually to tailor it to their individual person.  Let's say that took 5 minutes per person across 10,000 season ticket holders = 830 man hours.  Just not going to happen.

"The club need to communicate more"... "Don't communicate like that"...  Zzzz.

• Options
    I received an email today urging me to get along to the match tomorrow. I live 555 miles away and can’t manage to get there on this occasion. Stupidly, I will probably pay an extra tenner to watch on the stream. Call me out for having more money than sense when it comes to Charlton but please don’t question my support just because I’m not physically at The Valley. 
    Don't you run a holiday company?  Do you not mail shot previous customers?  Maybe some when they get your email think to themselves "but I told them at the time it was a once in a life time trip I could never afford again but they insist on sending me emails".  

Don't you sit on the board of the Rust that regularly mail shots it's members?

Getting worked up by a mail shot seems a bit petty.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Spot on.  I got an email with a headline about Gillingham and deleted it without even opening it as I am already going.  It registered so little that I had forgotten all about it till I came on here. 

Every entertainment venue or retailer that has my email sends me tons of emails I am not interested in (an example being the Supporters Trust in fact who's emails I never read but am not unhappy to receive).  If I am annoyed by them I simply unsubscribe, that's why we have GDPR.

Do people really think the club has the man power to go through each email individually to tailor it to their individual person.  Let's say that took 5 minutes per person across 10,000 season ticket holders = 830 man hours.  Just not going to happen.

"The club need to communicate more"... "Don't communicate like that"...  Zzzz.

Do you not understand the basics of digital marketing? The whole point of the system is so that you can segment the database to send messages to relevant people. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not necessary to write to season ticket holders urging them to buy match tickets or regular attenders to ask why they aren't attending. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Don't you run a holiday company?  Do you not mail shot previous customers?  Maybe some when they get your email think to themselves "but I told them at the time it was a once in a life time trip I could never afford again but they insist on sending me emails".  

I do indeed run a holiday company. We employ a Marketing Exec and part of that job is to manage our email comms - we put loads of thought, time and effort into sending the right messages out to the right target audience on an ongoing basis because that's what works for our business and for the vast majority of our customers. They can unsubscribe/ opt out with one click if they no longer wish to hear from us. We spend several thousand pounds a year on a system that enables us to do this professionally because it is so important.

The Trust sends out a weekly email to members with links to latest articles on our website to keep members informed. 

I'm not worked up by an individual mail shot but am sometimes frustrated at the lack of understanding of fans/ supporters in the tone of some of the club comms. I know they are trying hard.

But on a more positive note I've just gone to pay my tenner for tonight's stream and it came up as £0 payment so if that is somehow deliberate by the club - that's really appreciated - thank you if you're reading this. Let's hope it's worth it now!
  • Options
    My bitch about give away tickets. So Sandagaard is doing it again tonight. I am in the West upper stand where I have been a season ticket holder since it opend, and about to have my experience ruined and not just by Gillingham.
    Also buy the hordes and school children now around me and the adults who know nothing of Chatlton.
    If Sandagaard believes that any of this lot will buy a ticket in the future he is having a laugh.
    The football will be the killer for any hopes he has of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I do indeed run a holiday company. We employ a Marketing Exec and part of that job is to manage our email comms - we put loads of thought, time and effort into sending the right messages out to the right target audience on an ongoing basis because that's what works for our business and for the vast majority of our customers. They can unsubscribe/ opt out with one click if they no longer wish to hear from us. We spend several thousand pounds a year on a system that enables us to do this professionally because it is so important.

The Trust sends out a weekly email to members with links to latest articles on our website to keep members informed. 

I'm not worked up by an individual mail shot but am sometimes frustrated at the lack of understanding of fans/ supporters in the tone of some of the club comms. I know they are trying hard.

But on a more positive note I've just gone to pay my tenner for tonight's stream and it came up as £0 payment so if that is somehow deliberate by the club - that's really appreciated - thank you if you're reading this. Let's hope it's worth it now!
    Charged me - and I wasn’t even the one watching it. 
  • Options
    Walked pass the ticket office at around 715 last night and there was not a single person getting a ticket. Thats the damage of a saturated ticket dump exercise. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Walked pass the ticket office at around 715 last night and there was not a single person getting a ticket. Thats the damage of a saturated ticket dump exercise. 
    To be fair it’s also a consequence of print at home, the price hike before kick-off and the low interest in the game.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    To be fair it’s also a consequence of print at home, the price hike before kick-off and the low interest in the game.
    Why on earth are we still doing this nonsense?
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    My bitch about give away tickets. So Sandagaard is doing it again tonight. I am in the West upper stand where I have been a season ticket holder since it opend, and about to have my experience ruined and not just by Gillingham.
    Also buy the hordes and school children now around me and the adults who know nothing of Chatlton.
    If Sandagaard believes that any of this lot will buy a ticket in the future he is having a laugh.
    I was in the west upper in my season ticket seat last night.

There were two groups of young teenagers in the block.

The group of 12 nearest to me were about 13/14 and hardly watched the game. Lots of selfies, standing up and changing seats/rows. 3 were vaping.

Absolutely pointless giving them tickets. They didn't contribute to the atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm confused as to how there were so many schoolkids on a school night, tsk... :smiley:
  • Options
    Why does sandgaard keep doing it?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    msomerton said:

The group of 12 nearest to me were about 13/14 and hardly watched the game. Lots of selfies, standing up and changing seats/rows. 3 were vaping.

Absolutely pointless giving them tickets. They didn't contribute to the atmosphere.
    Dunno, the smoke machine sounds fun.. ask them to bring some lasers next time too.
  • Options
    Why does sandgaard keep doing it?
    Common sense?