Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• Options
    “one or two” free tickets available to each season ticket holder to gift to someone else for the Wycombe match.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    “one or two” free tickets available to each season ticket holder to gift to someone else for the Wycombe match.
    Only 5,000 still available - does that mean the rest of ground already taken ?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    se9addick said:
    I can see it now. 

Saturday - “thanks for the tickets, shame it ended 0-1, got back to the car and it had been wheel clamped”

Monday “thanks a £ucking lot, I’ve just tested positive for Covid”
  • Options
    Belv said:
    I was all for this originally, I feel like they are teetering on the edge of taking the piss out of ST holders now though.
    Why ? Season ticket holders are the ones who are getting access to the free tickets  . It’s a great initiative but I’m not sure the late notice for Saturday is particularly wise . 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    I was all for this originally, I feel like they are teetering on the edge of taking the piss out of ST holders now though.
    I’m a ST holder. I think it shows some real initiative and commitment from Tommy and his team to get more fans along. I have no problem with it whatsoever. 
    yep - agree, we are ST holders and think its a great idea. Why have empty seats! Bums on seats also means money via Outlets etc.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    I get where you are coming from. Did they not sell as many half season tickets as they were expecting to? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Belv said:
    Why ? Season ticket holders are the ones who are getting access to the free tickets  . It’s a great initiative but I’m not sure the late notice for Saturday is particularly wise . 
    Which is the key point. If it was to non season ticket holders - EG nearby residents or whatever then it would be a piss take. And of course season ticket holder aren’t obliged to even take up the 3 tickets anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    This is 4 games on the bounce now that someone can attend without putting a dime into the club. 

ST holders get access to the free tickets but they don't benefit from it in anyway, in fact it's a pain in the arse receiving texts asking if I can sort out free tickets.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Also if those current season ticket holders feel it’s now taking the rise out of them, then say you don’t have any to give away if anyone asks. 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Belv said:
    This is 4 games on the bounce now that someone can attend without putting a dime into the club. 

ST holders get access to the free tickets but they don't benefit from it in anyway, in fact it's a pain in the arse receiving texts asking if I can sort out free tickets.
    Any chance of two free tickets? ;)
  • Options
    End the freebies. It's getting silly now
  • Options
    Instead of a free ticket Saturday , can I get a free pint?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    This is partly my point, ST holders don't even get a free drink over the course of a season.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    I’m a ST holder. I think it shows some real initiative and commitment from Tommy and his team to get more fans along. I have no problem with it whatsoever. 
    yep - agree, we are ST holders and think its a great idea. Why have empty seats! Bums on seats also means money via Outlets etc.
    Which are still franchised out under the agreement during the Meire years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    clb74 said:
    This is partly my point, ST holders don't even get a free drink over the course of a season.
    I gave out one my free tickets to a mate and he bought me a pint for doing so, wouldn't have happened if I didn't have a Season Ticket.
  • Options
    Think they should have waited till later in the season before doing this again.
    Agreed, both because it's becoming too "normalised" but also it doesn't feel entirely right in the current Covid climate.
  • Options
    Makes sense to me. 

(Some) People make other plans this time of the year, there is some hesitancy because of Covid and there’s been an enforced break to disrupt the momentum of going. The team also needs a boost following the last performance. 

Can’t hurt and if the result is favourable may add to the cup game paid for attendance. 
  • Options

Not problem with him doing this again, get people in the ground.
  • Options
    I think it might have been introduced late to try and make up for the shortfall of those who can't or won't attend on saturday.
  • Options
    Any chance of free away train travel?
  • Options
    Think they should have waited till later in the season before doing this again.
    Now is the right time to do it. we need to get the points and the other free ticket games have delivered points. If we don’t get the points now then later in the season won’t make a lot of difference 
  • Options
    I’d be pretty pissed off if I had just bought a half season ticket. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    On one hand let’s fill the Valley, on the other we decide not to open the entire ground for the Norwich game. Only opening the North Upper after a protest.

if I had bought a ticket for Saturday and now saw I could have got a freebie. I wouldn’t bother next time and hang on for when the club makes them free as we have space in the ground. 

We can’t keep giving tickets away just to get a crowd.