Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Needs to be supported in the transfer market now. Next season is huge for this club. 
    Agree but I'd like to see some real intent in January, momentum is everything and with some good additions and players returning from injury playoffs is a real possibility.
  • Id be happy if the current team (Jackson - Euell - Hayes) was left alone - Just I don't think that Anthony wants to step up to the First Team just yet.

Less said about his brother Ben the better!! 
    Cousin
  • Future England Manager - you saw it here first. 

• Good things come to those that wait.

Very pleased with this appointment.
  • Imagine the “performance related” clause will be regarding promotion… if we’re not out of this league by the end of those two years, there’ll be an option to break the contract at that point?

Total guesswork but that makes sense to me.
  • Don't know much about the guy, but seems a progressive, young coach and a good appointment on paper.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think now could be time to get involved with a bit a dabble on us , some might say the boat has been missed but 20/1 for promotion now we know Jacko will have a real tilt at it ,big ask yes but I still think there’s a bit of value in it 
  • Absolutely chuffed to f***ing bits that TS has eventually done the right thing for the club and appointed the only man who should lead us at this time. Future Charlton managerial legend of that I’m certain.
  • Any updates on Jason’s role?
  • ross1 said:
    So, the initial contract is just until the end of this season, when the first performance related extension can happen, with a further performance related one year extension after that. Only 6 months guaranteed and a total of two and a half years under these terms. The original announcement was poorly worded on this point.
  • Davo55 said:
    ross1 said:
    So, the initial contract is just until the end of this season, when the first performance related extension can happen, with a further performance related one year extension after that. Only 6 months guaranteed and a total of two and a half years under these terms. The original announcement was poorly worded on this point.
    Must admit I thought that was what it meant … got a bit confused when it was suggested it meant longer. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Any updates on Jason’s role?
    He's on the bench on Saturday as he'll provide cover for the front two and can play equally play in the centre-half-forward position.
  • Davo55 said:
    ross1 said:
    Without seeing the detail of the contract, I can't imagine it's as simple as just a contract until the end of the season. They'll be terms and caveats all over the place that a) Doesn't allow Jacko walk away for nothing at the end of the season if 'targets' aren't met and b) Doesn't allow the club take the piss with his remuneration/power/budget if they are met.

In my mind, JJ is here for the next two and half years if we finish in the top 10 this year, get in the playoffs next and then get promoted the year after.

If he's supported (financially and structurally) and we don't achieve that then I think we'd all agree that we may need to try somebody new.

Contract seems sound looking in from afar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely chuffed to f***ing bits that TS has eventually done the right thing for the club and appointed the only man who should lead us at this time. Future Charlton managerial legend of that I’m certain.
    Not down to TS offered him the job 3 weeks ago 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Absolutely delighted Jacko is confirmed but the contract is an insult to him and provides no stability for the club to build on.

100% behind JJ’s red army!!!
    Weird you say that because I reckon it's just the type of contract @jimmymelrose has been saying managers should get. Not tied down to 3 or 4 years, but a rolling season by season one which is governed by results.

Pretty good all round I'd say

Exactly. The sort of contract that doesnt reward failure with a stonking great pay off. How much money has Pardew made from being a shit manager
  • Congratulations to Jacko & Tommy 
    Hoping it's now another long and fruitful journey were embarking on with a Charlton manager ...Seed, Lennie, Curbs.....Jacko? Brilliant video produced by Charlton TV announcing Jacko - "Captain Leader Legend Manager" one better than John Terry! Hats off to whoever edited it ,superb footage, great track of music & graphics building to an emotional crescendo, a promo which wouldn't look out of place on Match of the Day or SKY !
  • jimmymelrose said:
    From another thread

jimmymelrose said:
    I really want Jacko to get the job, but TS is hesitant I think because they get contracts all wrong in football these days. They should give Jacko a contract until June. On it can be written that if we go up he gets a two year extension. If we finish top 8 for example, it's a one year extension. In short, start with 6-12 month contracts and agree at that point how League performance leads to extension or termination.

Looks like TS is reading jimmymelrose 😁

• The best appointment since Powell. Feels like a proper Charlton man leading the club again. Actually, a proper football man. 
    I hope Euell is confirmed as his permanent assistant. 
    Exciting times ahead. 

• Not to put a downer on this, but most managers are lucky to see 2 years at a club, so Jacko has hammered in the first nail of his Charlton coffin................ :o