Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Imagine the “performance related” clause will be regarding promotion… if we’re not out of this league by the end of those two years, there’ll be an option to break the contract at that point?

Total guesswork but that makes sense to me.
    No need for guesswork. It's on the OS.

Hit the end of season target the contract gets extended (by implication in the TS statement) on better terms.

Miss the target and the club can extend the contract on the same terms.
  • Absolutely delighted to read this news! It's good to see TS and JJ agreeing a different type of ongoing deal... definitely performance related. 
    Clubs will have to bring in this type of deal going forward, or end up forking out a fortune if things go tits up.
    JJ has an affinity with our club he now has the job he wanted, time for us all to join together and help JJ and the squad continue to climb the league!!

• Absolutely delighted to read this news! It's good to see TS and JJ agreeing a different type of ongoing deal... definitely performance related. 
    Clubs will have to bring in this type of deal going forward, or end up forking out a fortune if things go tits up.
    JJ has an affinity with our club he now has the job he wanted, time for us all to join together and help JJ and the squad continue to climb the league!!

THIS is the future for managerial contracts in the EFL.

Like Conor Gallagher ...

Made in Charlton ! 
  • Not so sure it's the future for all clubs but I suspect there will be a few more like it as time goes by. Its farcical that football runs like this. 
  • Hmm, not quite what we thought then.
  • The 39-year-old has signed a contract which will automatically renew at the end of each of the next two seasons based on success on the pitch for the Addicks.

Does that mean the judgement on renewal is made at the end of this season and the next one? 
  • edited December 2021
    Three words ‘Common sense prevails’. And in the words of Chuck Berry 🎼Go go, Go Johnnie go go go, Johnnie be good🎼
  • Oggy Red said:
    Needs to be supported in the transfer market now. Next season is huge for this club. 
    Jacko will be thinking that this season is huge for this club.

Every season is huge for this club until we get back to the Prem 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Disappointing - I really thought this was going to be Marc Wilmots moment...
  • My only worry (and I would be surprised but not shocked if it happens for financial reasons) is what if a manager is doing well, heading comfortably to their target, then suddenly the owner sells their best players from under their feet and because of that the target can't be reached?
    Is this a thing?
  • seth plum said:
    My only worry (and I would be surprised but not shocked if it happens for financial reasons) is what if a manager is doing well, heading comfortably to their target, then suddenly the owner sells their best players from under their feet and because of that the target can't be reached?
    Is this a thing?
    If the owner does it and wants to keep JJ he will. If JJ does not like it he can leave. It was ever thus.

The fact that they have discussed performance targets is a good thing IMO. They have both committed which can only be a good thing.
  • Valley11 said:
    The best appointment since Powell. Feels like a proper Charlton man leading the club again. Actually, a proper football man. 
    I hope Euell is confirmed as his permanent assistant. 
    Exciting times ahead. 

Totally agree.  What a great way to go into Christmas. 

• Day …, after he got the job (don’t worry I ain’t doing this every day anymore!!!
  • edited December 2021
    Needs to be supported in the transfer market now. Next season is huge for this club. 
    This season isn’t over yet, back to back wins sees us 6 points from a place in the top six 

dare to dream. This feels like the Charlton team that won at Wembley 
  • I like the overall look of the contract; you have to hope it is robust in covering all eventualities, but that is likely one of the reasons why the.negotiations dragged on.

in that context, and given my obsession with agents ( for which I offer no apology whatsoever) I am fascinated by the news that JJ has signed up with Jon Fortune’s agency apparently *after* the conclusion of such a protracted negotiation of one of the most significant contracts of his career..
  • Sponsored links:

• Most managers are mercenary,Jacko is not,he loves this club and it is now in his power to take it to the level he thinks it should be.For him and us it is really made in heaven,we now know that everything done by TS and the management team and staff will be for the benefit of CAFC.,without getting too carried away,this is back to the Alwen,Murray,Symonds ,Lennie and Curbs eras,when you could feel the affinity for the club from the top down.So come on guys,free tickets or not lets get 20000 every week ,no excuses for not going now.
  • I like the overall look of the contract; you have to hope it is robust in covering all eventualities, but that is likely one of the reasons why the.negotiations dragged on.

in that context, and given my obsession with agents ( for which I offer no apology whatsoever) I am fascinated by the news that JJ has signed up with Jon Fortune’s agency apparently *after* the conclusion of such a protracted negotiation of one of the most significant contracts of his career..
    What's your thoughts on the manager and a significant number of the first team squad having the same agent?

Forget who the actual agent is, if he was called Johan Fortuin I suspect there might be more raised eyebrows. 
  • Ryan Lee, two touch is the agency, Jon Fortune also works for them 
  • That video is quality. Well done Comms team.

Anyone know the track?

https://youtu.be/Xv2SCjuuGt8

• I personally don't give a shit about the contract.

If JJ wasn't happy enough with it, then he wouldn't have signed. He has a brain.

If he has a chip on his shoulder about it and was a tad reluctant to sign and or felt disrespected by it, then unfortunately shit happens and that is just how the cookie crumbles.

It is his 1st job managerial job. 

As long as we keep winning games and everyone's happy enough.

JJ has rightfully and deservedly got himself the job...and he got it under rather challenging circumstances.

He will be open and honest with the people around him. 

If TS was being a bit of a prat about it, I'm pretty sure he would be told.

• When was the last time any Charlton Manager saw his contract out? Curbishley?

Didn't Murray end it a year earlier when Curbs announced he was going when it expired?

• ‘He got given it’ !!!

Since when did we convert into an American message board?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Ryan Lee, two touch is the agency, Jon Fortune also works for them 
    Loved him in Blue 😲
  • Do you know what .. I woke up this morning an for the first time in years, it feels like we have stability with Jacko at the wheel