Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• edited December 2021
    #JacksonOut

😉
  • DOUCHER said:
    Ryan Lee, two touch is the agency, Jon Fortune also works for them 
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11997980/officers
  • J BLOCK said:
    while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

And if that turns out to be a bit unfair on Jacko’s agent: Too bad. Go and find a journalist to help explain all the selfless good work you do. 
    You keep going back to Gallagher as an example of a greedy, manipulative agent but Gallen has said we could have kept him.

Remember, Southall was in charge at the time.
    When did Gallen say we could have kept him? Was under the impression Chelsea recalled him and there was nothing we could do. 
    Bromley Addicks meeting.

We could have paid the required fee but Southall and Amis had other priorities IE themselves
    Maybe I missed it, but it's a great shame I didn't read you making public this version of events when Gallen said it. I could have put a question about it on the CAST Zoom with him and Roddy in August.

Chelsea have a pretty structured -and expensive - way of running their young players loan farm, with a team of well known ex-pros permanently assigned to their progress at the loan clubs. Chelsea already knew we would struggle in the Champ when they lent us Conor. There was a recall clause, but it's quite unusual for them to activate it; they mainly seem concerned to ensure that the player is sufficiently playing (see the report of Conor at Palace from Cawley). While it's difficult to be sure, I certainly could not find a case of Chelsea triggering the recall of a young player who was getting good game time and immediately dumping him at another club in the same division. I stand to be corrected and there is a first time for everything. However doing it because Swansea were going to pay a bit of money, seems a bit implausible to me. It's not, at this level how Chelsea behave. They don't need to.
    I tagged you into the Gallen comment at the time.

We could have kept him but we didn't. 

It wasn't the evil agent so you have repeatedly said forcing Conor and Chelsea against their will. Conor was in tears at having to leave. It was Amis and Southall 
    All interested parties seem to agree that Conor was quite happy to stay on at Charlton. That much is common ground. Nobody is saying the agent forced "Chelsea" to do anything either, because Chelsea is a big business with layers of management. I doubt if at the time Bruce Buck (let alone Abramovic) could have told you anything about Conor. I've set out the reasons why the apparent explanation Gallen gave you just begs more questions, for me anyway, as I set out above.  It may be that on this occasion the agent is blameless. Like I said, there's a first time for everything.
    There is an unspeakably grim follow -up to this post. The name of the agent concerned is Dominic Yardley ( I only learnt in the last couple of days) and he very sadly has taken his own life. RIP.
  • How awful.
    May he RIP ♥️
  • clive said:
    Well that all seems very sensible. Results based contract, which JJ buys into, while TS playing back pretty much how we all saw JJ’s first 10 bames and what had gone before. That’s as close to a mea culpa as you’d get from any business owner. 

I can imagine lawyers might justifiably pore over “ extenuating circumstances” in results based clauses, thats fair enough. But as for the agents, well, you know….
  • This isn't a drastic post or anything. Just thought I'd checkout the run of results since going permie. 

L - IIIII
    W - II
    D - I

Results we can sometimes take on the chin, being Charlton, but performances like today weren't what I expected under JJ. I thought there would be desire and capability shown in each game. 
  • Maybe Adkins WAS lumbered with terrible players that he didn't want. 

Either that or Jackson is just as bad after an initial bump. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jacko is fine - the players are shit and he got the new manager bounce . 
    Next season we re build 
  • edited January 2022
    mendonca said:
    This isn't a drastic post or anything. Just thought I'd checkout the run of results since going permie. 

L - IIIII
    W - II
    D - I

Results we can sometimes take on the chin, being Charlton, but performances like today weren't what I expected under JJ. I thought there would be desire and capability shown in each game. 
    There was for most of the games he was caretaker.  Really cannot understand how we've reverted back to shite and lack of consistency since he got the gig full time.  He can't be doing anything differently?

Have teams sussed us out, have players stopped putting the extra effort in or are we just a mediocre league one team with inconsistent and limited players?  Possibly the latter and he had them playing at their limits during the caretaker spell.

Truly bizarre whatever it is.
    That’s exactly how I feel. 
    I was saying somewhere on here that there was no rush to give him the permanent job because our form would probably dip. Sods Law.  
  • mendonca said:
    This isn't a drastic post or anything. Just thought I'd checkout the run of results since going permie. 

L - IIIII
    W - II
    D - I

There was for most of the games he was caretaker.  Really cannot understand how we've reverted back to shite and lack of consistency since he got the gig full time.  He can't be doing anything differently?

Have teams sussed us out, have players stopped putting the extra effort in or are we just a mediocre league one team with inconsistent and limited players?  Possibly the latter and he had them playing at their limits during the caretaker spell.

Probably a combination of all the above. Player levels naturally dropped because whichever sport you are in it’s difficult to maintain the sort of intensity they did week in week out.

And with all the work that teams go into around tactics and analysis of opponents, our new formation has been worked out, and teams know how and when to press us, and we don’t seem to have a alternative plan. Whether that’s a formation or style tweak. Maybe asking a striker to drop deeper to support the midfield (something Stockley actually does), or asking the wingbacks to play narrower. Just anything really. 

• No plan B, ever. 
  • Jacko is fine - the players are shit and he got the new manager bounce . 
    Next season we re build 
    If he makes it there. Wonder what the targets in his contracts are
  • Similar to Powells start. Just hope the next year is the same result. 

Performances and results gone of the boil last month but don’t think it was ever going to be a easy fix after the last 2 years. Squad is not good enough and unbalanced. Look forward to getting this sorted in this and summer window. 

Didn't Powell sign 17 players in that summer? 

Let's wait and see if we do the same this summer. Somehow I doubt it. 
  • edited January 2022
    I still want him to succeed, but he's showing himself to be tatically naive imo. The formation has been failing for weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Jacko is fine - the players are shit and he got the new manager bounce . 
    Next season we re build 
    If he makes it there. Wonder what the targets in his contracts are
    Was just thinking that to myself. Bet he’s worried. Absolute clear out of the playing squad required and the recruitment team are not doing themselves any favours either. I hope JJ can find something during the next couple of months. 
  • I still want him to succeed, but he's showing himself to be tatically naive imo. The formation has been failing for weeks.
    There were times where Fleetwood were getting 3 or 4 player on our wingbacks such was the predictability of our build up play. Much the same with Hartlepool tonight.

I can’t see how signing an ‘attacking wing back’ is really going to address that issue, and the wider issues of our in possession play. 
  • No plan B, ever. 
    You're right. We should get rid.

Joker.

Performances and results gone of the boil last month but don’t think it was ever going to be a easy fix after the last 2 years. Squad is not good enough and unbalanced. Look forward to getting this sorted in this and summer window. 

So we want a full rebuild, but we don't want a full rebuild.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Similar to Powells start. Just hope the next year is the same result. 

So we want a full rebuild, but we don't want a full rebuild.
    Who can look at this squad and not think a full rebuild is required? 

Have a feeling we'll try and do it on the cheap again, then end up in the same position with Euell as manager. 

Obviously not going to sign that many players but don’t think we need to either.  

Need to get behind Jackson and allow him to bring in players who he wants to for how he wants to play. 

Gunter, matthews, Pearce and Watson of the books will help for a start. 

• Hopefully not. 

I think we may see a few more permanent faces this window. 
  • Suspect he will last till this time next year then he will be sacked.

Powell had a lot of out of contract players, whereas we now have a number signed up for next season...
  • edited January 2022
    mendonca said:

L - IIIII
    W - II
    D - I

He’s playing the exact same system every game which is exactly what Adkins did. You get some good performances whilst teams are still figuring it out and then none after. 

He needs to switch it up asap, our players aren’t good enough for him not to. 
    I just worry that this window we're going to build toward a 3-5-2, and then end up with a chimera squad built under three different managers for four or five different formations (Bows was playing a lot of formations by the end).

We have a lot of players built for a 4-2-3-1, except up top where Stockley doesn't do well on his own, and in the #10 role where we only have Lee. We're now playing with a back three and wingbacks using all of the wingers we acquired for 4-2-3-1 as right wingbacks, and leaving Kirk out entirely, and not getting the best out of most of our wingers on the right. And then Purrington on the left has at times been very good, but at other times not been very good, and he's just not a great LWB. So teams know that we want to play it wide and on the front foot on the right, and then have Purrington tucking in/looking to get into the box on the left. 

With Chuks, we do finally have someone who can play up front on his own. So that is an option. 

I don't know. We looked very disjointed today. I really don't know where we go from here. And sometimes changing formation is a way of papering over the cracks of larger tactical issues. We saw a lot of that from Bowyer in his last 2-3 months. I'm not against a change in formation, it's just, no matter what formation you play, you need to be good at instilling in the players where to be in what situations both in and out of possession.