Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• edited January 2022
    Similar to Powells start. Just hope the next year is the same result. 

Performances and results gone of the boil last month but don’t think it was ever going to be a easy fix after the last 2 years. Squad is not good enough and unbalanced. Look forward to getting this sorted in this and summer window. 

Didn't Powell sign 17 players in that summer? 

Let's wait and see if we do the same this summer. Somehow I doubt it. 
    Powell had a lot of out of contract players, whereas we now have a number signed up for next season...
    We also have Squad Registration Rules to deal with. If we sign 17-players this summer, it means we've kept just five

How many did Powell keep from the team the previous season?
  • Jacko is fine - the players are shit and he got the new manager bounce . 
    Next season we re build 
    Adkins was fine - he got the new manager bounce.

Next season we re build. 

Oh!  Adkins was not the only problem. If he was even a problem.  Jackson is not the only solution if he even is a solution. 
  • Jacko is fine - the players are shit and he got the new manager bounce . 
    Next season we re build 
    Next season we're rebuild what with Chucks Aneke injury prone siging a winger that has just had a ACL yeah these are a great start for next season 
  • Similar to Powells start. Just hope the next year is the same result. 

Performances and results gone of the boil last month but don’t think it was ever going to be a easy fix after the last 2 years. Squad is not good enough and unbalanced. Look forward to getting this sorted in this and summer window. 

Powell had a lot of out of contract players, whereas we now have a number signed up for next season...
    Powell had 100% authority who came through the door.  He also had played with or against the best 5 or 6 of his signings in the last 2 years...... 

We also have Squad Registration Rules to deal with. If we sign 17-players this summer, it means we've kept just five

How many did Powell keep from the team the previous season?
    Hardly any
    Only BWP, Jacko, Solly, Wagstaff played significant number of games

Hoping for this at the moment. Jackson deserves the summer to get rid of the excessive deadwood we've got in this squad. 

My concern is our squad (on paper at least) is better than the squad that Powell had in that half season which contained the likes of Nouble, Doherty and Llera.

Trying to be glass half full at the moment but naturally that's a lot easier said than done supporting this club.
  • I was worried that this might happen with Jacko and I truly hope he can turn it around.

But if he doesn’t we need a good ambitious young manager who can bring in his own staff.
  • Sponsored links:

• This thread has gone all Spursy 
  • This is exactly why Jackson needed to go when Adkins went because now we go into a period where we are absolutely shocking playing some of the worst football we have for a long time and people become attached and can't let go. Jackson is tactically inept it doesn't take a genius to work out that this 5-3-2 is not working and hasn't for months but we keep playing the same drab formation  with the same drab players, Leko as a wing back 🤢 same as blackett Taylor 🤢 and then we've got the white Pele lol 🤣 but he keeps playing them there WHY !!!!!!!! Oh and Morgan had his 1 good game of the season Shocking !!!
  • Bilko said:
    I was worried that this might happen with Jacko and I truly hope he can turn it around.

But if he doesn’t we need a good ambitious young manager who can bring in his own staff.
    Old, young, that's not the point the highlighted bit is. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Similar to Powells start. Just hope the next year is the same result. 

So we want a full rebuild, but we don't want a full rebuild.
    Who can look at this squad and not think a full rebuild is required? 

Have a feeling we'll try and do it on the cheap again, then end up in the same position with Euell as manager. 
    I mean to be fair to TS, we've spent fees on DJ, Kirk, Aneke, Clare, Stockley, and Lavelle. Plus Gilbey and Washington just prior. It's not a lack of spending, it's how it is being spent. 
    I think it’s clear something clearly needs to change. For me, when Adkins was sacked, I felt we should have looked to make a complete change in the coaching set up. To bring in someone completely fresh, with a completely fresh backroom staff, and completely fresh ideas. We have essentially had someone from the coaching side of things promoted into a higher position when managers have left ever since Bowyer replaced Robinson, and I just don’t know if that’s a good long term trend.

However Jackson is manager now and deserves his chance and the best possible tools to succeed. So we really do need to look at recruiting/risk spending more money to bring in exceptionally talented players, otherwise I just can’t see us going anywhere. 
  • Adkins out, top 6 side, Roddy in recruitment

etc etc 
  • Scoham said:
    How many of the current squad would get into Powell or Bowyer’s promotion sides? The squad isn’t good enough, changing manager won’t solve that.
    Would you trust jacko with a total rebuild because I wouldn't especially with his first 3 signings of this window all totally injury prone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    How many of the current squad would get into Powell or Bowyer’s promotion sides? The squad isn’t good enough, changing manager won’t solve that.
    No shit sherlock.  The problem isn't the manager.  It hasn't been since March last year.  The problem is the way the club is structured.  It's Gallens place in the structure that's the real problem. 

He worked for Robinson, with Bowyer (until the ESI nonsense) and has been his own man since. 
  • Absolutely got to be brutal with some of these players and move them on, they are not doing him or us any favours, as if we didn’t know that already!

Watson, looks like he was running in treacle, this is a seasoned pro, should have hung his boots up last season, and we are paying the price of renewing his contract.

Surely we can’t be so reliant on Dobson, that we go to pieces without him, how would we do if he got injured?

Some serious questions have got to be asked about the overall depth of quality of our squad, I just hope this is a wake-up call for the club, it’s unacceptable.
  • I believe in the formation he's playing. There's a reason Wigan, Rotherham et al having been using the same formation with continued success since the beginning of the season (and before that even).

I tend to subscribe to the view that it's the players aren't good enough, especially in certain areas. Watson and Matthews especially, have no future at CAFC past this coming summer.

We sorely missed both Inniss and Dobson this evening. Stockley is also a huge presence in both boxes that was really missed - Washington and Burstow are willing runners but they can't hold the ball up in the same way.

Agreed. It’s not the system it’s the players and squad balance is not good enough. 

The squad we have at the moment is not good enough and is a combination of years bad management and desperation that is not going to be fixed over night. 

Jackson has not yet really had a chance to bring in players to play his way and has a combination of 2 previous managers players. 

This and the summer window will allow for correction of past bad management and mistakes. 
  • I believe in the formation he's playing. There's a reason Wigan, Rotherham et al having been using the same formation with continued success since the beginning of the season (and before that even).

I tend to subscribe to the view that it's the players aren't good enough, especially in certain areas. Watson and Matthews especially, have no future at CAFC past this coming summer.

We sorely missed both Inniss and Dobson this evening. Stockley is also a huge presence in both boxes that was really missed - Washington and Burstow are willing runners but they can't hold the ball up in the same way.
    Wigan are using the formation that was the root of all evil 12 weeks ago and changing it was the reason for our bounce.... 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Scoham said:
    Would you trust jacko with a total rebuild because I wouldn't especially with his first 3 signings of this window all totally injury prone.
    At the moment yes I would trust him, but we need to see how we finish the season. Can’t justifying keeping him on if we get sucked into a relegation battle.

Aneke featured in 38 of our 46 league games last season and some of those he missed due to suspension.

Is Castillo injury prone? Based on what?

Browne has had one serious injury, that doesn’t make him injury prone.

The manager doesn’t go out and find all his signings, it could be argued it’s our scouting setup that isn’t doing a good enough job. We’ve spent reasonable fees on players and must pay better wages than a lot of L1 clubs. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We really need to stop all this "Powell style rebuild" nonsense.  It was a once in a life time event based on a lot of circumstance, happenstance and a bit of good luck. That's before you add the mists of time into it.

It won't happen again. 
    Agreed that summer it fell into place in terms of having a clear out as so many were out of contract or very poor loan players.

But what must be replicated in terms of the players that we do bring in from ghta summer is players, who know this division, have played loads of games this season in it and unless very unlucky with injuries we get 40+ games out of them.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We really need to stop all this "Powell style rebuild" nonsense.  It was a once in a life time event based on a lot of circumstance, happenstance and a bit of good luck. That's before you add the mists of time into it.

It won't happen again. 
    Agreed that summer it fell into place in terms of having a clear out as so many were out of contract or very poor loan players.

But what must be replicated in terms of the players that we do bring in from ghta summer is players, who know this division, have played loads of games this season in it and unless very unlucky with injuries we get 40+ games out of them.
    You also had a unique example of a player transfering to management at a different club. 2 of his best signings were players he played with and knew they were undervalued by others.