Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we make the playoffs?

Comments

• Options
    Thought w had a chance a few weeks ago. But after today, no.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Thought if we were within 10 points at Christmas we could do it. There's absolutely no chance now. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    If I put my oohaah cap on… it was about 5% chance before the last two results and maybe about 2% now.

We need a couple of terrific runs of form to make it happen. 46 points from 22 games for 75 total is the target. Yes that’s over 2ppg and league winning form but basic maths tells us it’s easier to make it happen over a shorter period of 22 rather than over 46.

Rotherham, Sunderland and Wigan (with one more point from three games) all made that points tally in the first half of the season. We have to be one of the best three/four teams in the league between now and May.
  • Options
    Probably not, and I hope we don't play silly buggers again and delay our planning for next season by pretending we don't know which division we'll be in
  • Options
    No, not enough consistent talent. We need players that perform to roughly the same level every week, not blow hot and cold. Shame but I think JJ has his work cut out now.
  • Options
    a while ago I said yes .. now ? .. no

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of life’s lessons is there are winners who keep going and win in the end and there are those that simply give up whenever they encounter a setback. 
  • Options
    One of life’s lessons is there are winners who keep going and win in the end and there are those that simply give up whenever they encounter a setback. 
    that's all very well .. BUT .. are we gonna make the playoffs ? 
  • Options
    Too fucking right we will 
  • Options
    No

Quite unbelievable saying that with confidence on 1st Jan 
  • Options
    Too fucking right we will 
    Which season?

Because it certainly isn't this one. 
  • Options
    Of course we will make the play offs. The numbers are in our favour if we can start winning again. It’s the teams above us that need to start worrying because statistically they will start dropping points. 
    I can only imagine you are on a wind up as there is Zero % chance that we will make the play offs. I stake my reputation on it.

We are closer to the relegation places than top 6. We currently have very little up front , wingers who cant cross & midfielders who don't score.
  • Options
    Not enough goals in this side so No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No.

We will finish between 8th & 10th

Posted 10 days ago & today had just firmed up my opinion. Might push it out to be finishing 10th to 12th. 

We are actually in a bit of a false position due to most teams having played less games than us. Lose to Wimbledon on Boxing Day & with their games in hand they could be above us soon, along with 2 or 3 other teams. 

Our points tally will be around 68-70 points.
    Every time I post I have to backtrack & predict an even worse finishing position. 

First time I said between 8th & 10th 

Then I said between 10th & 12th

Now I'm saying 10th to 14th. 

• Options
    Currently we have Played 23 Points 29. At the least we need to end Played 46 Points 75.

So: 46 points required from 23 games.

This is how it could break:

26-21-21 AFC W – A – W
    29-12-21 Gilling – H – W
    01-01-22 Wyc W – H – D
    08-01-22 Crew A – A – W
    15-01-22 Chel Tn – A – D
    22-01-22 Fleet T – H – W
    31-01-22 Portsm – A – D
    05-02-22 AFC W – H – W
    08-02-22 Bolt W – A – W
    12-02-22 Wign A – A – L
    19-02-22 Oxfo U – H – D
    22-02-22 Mil KD – H – D
    26-02-22 Shef W – A – D
    05-03-22 Sunder – H – L
    12-03-22 Accrin – A – W
    19-03-22 Burt A – H – W
    26-03-22 Donca – A – W
    02-04-22 Linc C – H – W
    09-04-22 Roth U – A – L
    15-04-22 Morec – H – W
    18-04-22 Cam U – A – W
    23-04-22 Shrew – H – W
    30-04-22 Ipsw T  – A – D  

Current verdict: Unlikely

1 point dropped already from you very ambitious target. 

Just 2 more loses required 😂😂😂
  • Options
    It’s all gone Pete Tong, an maybe now we see the reticence to give JJ the contract…….. 
  • Options
    Nope. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Yes
    Unfortunately I believe I was wrong … however I’ll accept being FA Cup winners and promotion next year instead 😃 
  • Options
    Spot on cabbles
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    a while ago I said yes .. now ? .. no

So that will mean you'll have to predict Charlton losing games.
  • Options
    i'd keep Leko, Famewo and Lee - they are definitely not the problem
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i'd keep Leko, Famewo and Lee - they are definitely not the problem
    I don’t think so either, but I don’t get the feeling they look part of a team that can win promotion.  

Most probably because they’re playing among a team incapable of winning promotion, but it’s just a gut feel I have with all of them

I guess you can say, we need to see where and how we finish to assess who goes and who stays, and there’s the argument that the team under Jackson could finish the equivalent of top 6 had he had them all season (we’ll only find that out in May).  However, I just have a dodgy feeling we’re gonna tread water again re: the squad and we’ll all be saying similar stuff this time next year, if we don’t take big bold moves, including assessing whether or not even our considered ‘better’ players are promotion worthy