Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton photographer with cerebral palsy verbally abused

Comments

• Options
    Do hope the Police, nail these scumbags. Most buses have CCTV, let’s hope some images get published so the Charlton family can help in the search.
  • Options
    tom is a ledge, no doubt about that - seems like a real character, fuck em Tom, they are nothing but a gang of sad cases - u on the other hand - sky's the limit 
  • Options
    Oi @Ollywozere! I quote: "...On Charlton Life of all places!" You're on thin ice mate.

Tom, I'm sorry that this happened to you. You're a brilliant photographer and a credit to the club.
  • Options
    Why do we still get scumbags like this in 2021. 
    Well done to the Charlton fan who stepped in and helped him. 
  • Options
    I think I remember Tom being right in the middle of the Doncaster pitch invasion and briefly chatting to him on the train back down to Ashford. He seemed like a really nice guy.
  • Options
    Would be great if this group of scum was found (and ideally sterilised).
  • Options
    Have met Tom a few times on away days. Lovely lad, and extremely talented. Very passionate about what he does, and as a club we should be very proud to have him working for us.

Those who committed this are absolute cowards, and one day they will get their comeuppance in life.
  • Options
    Saw this on the local news earlier. Absolute pond life. Hope they get caught and dealt with. No one should have to suffer abuse going about their daily life. Hope you are ok Tom.
  • Options
    Words fail me , seriously who brought this pondlife up .
    Keep up the good work Tom , we’re all with you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an inspirational human. 

Forget the bus wankers, Tom. You’re living your best life mate. 
  • Options
    Buses are very well covered by CCTV so it shouldn't be long before images are released and those responsible are caught.
    As a regular bus user i know 99% of folks are helpful to anyone who needs it but i have seen lately more aggressive behaviour by teenagers to anyone perceived as different.
  • Options
    Blimey no words. Tom doesn’t have the simplest journey to get to Charlton either. Just hope this experience doesnt put him off and they nail the scum who abused him: 

I have tried navigating public transport with my daughters in their wheelchairs and I know how hard it is. What Tom does in terms of travel and his great attitude is nothing short of remarkable - this is real determination.

Charlton are lucky to have him as a fan and photographer- he will inspire a lot of disabled youngsters. 
    Hear hear mate 👍
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Absolutely disgusting that this could happen. Also a sign of the times that nobody on the bus stepped in ( not casting blame as you never know what these pricks are going to pull out of their pockets ) the sad thing is that if they are traced all that will happen more than likely is they will get a warning. Tom this must have been awful mate but dont let these morons knock your confidence be proud and carry on
    This is the shitty society we live in. Pure scum that verbally abused him and nobody felt able to step in for fear of having a knife stuck in them. 
  • Options
    I just don’t know what to say, I’m sorry you had to go through this Tom.
  • Options
    You'd think that, with everything you see about anti-bullying these days, this kind of nonsense would be a thing of the past. But there's no way that me, or anyone I know / knew, would've took part in this kind of thing 20 - 30 years ago. Obviously not saying it didn't happen at all back the, just more surprised tht it does now

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    One thing that I find uplifting is that when Tom is the photographer at U18 and U23 matches, if you look at the video clips when a player scores (which this season is many and frequently) they very often run over to the corner or place where Tom is. They probably want him to get a good picture of their joy, but also want to include him because they are celebrating with a genuine fan.
    Even as I approach seventy I like to think I would stand up to such nastiness if I witnessed it, and I believe if enough of us did so these scum would be more wary of trying things on.
    I’m not so sure Seth. These sort of people are vermin and have no respect for anything or anyone. They wouldn’t dare do it on their own, but as part of a group they just don’t give a shit. 
    It’s a sad state of affairs that people can’t speak up or act without fear of having of being knifed. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One thing that I find uplifting is that when Tom is the photographer at U18 and U23 matches, if you look at the video clips when a player scores (which this season is many and frequently) they very often run over to the corner or place where Tom is. They probably want him to get a good picture of their joy, but also want to include him because they are celebrating with a genuine fan.
    Even as I approach seventy I like to think I would stand up to such nastiness if I witnessed it, and I believe if enough of us did so these scum would be more wary of trying things on.
    I’m not so sure Seth. These sort of people are vermin and have no respect for anything or anyone. They wouldn’t dare do it on their own, but as part of a group they just don’t give a shit. 
    It’s a sad state of affairs that people can’t speak up or act without fear of having of being knifed. 
    You’re quite right that interfering would be risky, but what is the alternative?
    Well yes the alternative is to uneasily look away because of fear, but then you’re forever left with the feeling ‘I should’ve done something’.
    I suppose if you can film them it might help, shout at them might, using your umbrella might.
    It would take gumption.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A bloke I used to work with was killed confronting two 14 year olds who were bullying his daughter, over East London last summer
  • Options
    The OB don’t even like approaching these rats now let alone a few OAPS on a bus.
  • Options
    I can't begin to imagine what they get out of this sort of bullying. What kind of twisted minds would think that this was OK? To get off the bus and follow him must push the offence way past bullying. They all need sending to a young offenders place for a good while. Then they'd see how hard they were. Especially the girls. For some reason this makes me feel even more sick.
  • Options
    I’m more angry that no one on the bus did anything!

Tom, you are an exceptional man ♥️
  • Options
    Tom if you’re reading this you’re a million times a better person than these absolute waste of oxygen scum. Wish the OB would publish the cctv so these lot can be dealt with. Keep up the good work Tom, DO NOT let this get you down 
  • Options
    Do hope the Police, nail these scumbags. Most buses have CCTV, let’s hope some images get published so the Charlton family can help in the search.
    And what do you supose will happen if they do find them?
    Not alot is my guess. 
    People like this have no moral code, no fear of what happens if they do this shit, if they did they wouldnt feel safe enough to behave like this in public.

The best thing that could happen to them is if traced by the police. Walk them out to the centre circle at the valley before a game and let them hear what people that do have the above attributes think of them. 

An interview behind closed doors and then given a polite warning from the OB only builds their reputation with the other scum that they try to impress
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hope there’s scummy shitbags are caught & named & ashamed,won’t think twice of doing it again,call them out for what they are…

well done on speaking out Tom,don’t let these vile scum get you down mate