Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Bumble

Comments

• Options
    Sky is a business and with any remarks that would offend a significant part of their cricket watching audience would force him to go.

Got nothing to do with woke or cancel culture. Just pure business or capitalism. His comments were offensive to a key demographic of the watchers.

I don’t think he deserves full on condemnation and liked him as a pundit. But there is no room for subtly or retribution when it could hurt sales. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Michael Holding has given a couple of powerful interviews about racism, and racism in Cricket. As woke simply means anti racist, some would describe him as woke. His interview indicated racism is still a problem.
    Some on here have mentioned liking Michael Holding when he is broadcasting during games, similar to some mentioning liking David Lloyd broadcasting during games.
    How on earth does 'woke simply means anti-racist'?
    Well, it confuses me. It’s clearly used as a negative but what does it mean? Please explain Fiona.
  • Options
    There are plenty of 'woke' racists that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    What's wrong with "divs", covers them all?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Michael Holding has given a couple of powerful interviews about racism, and racism in Cricket. As woke simply means anti racist, some would describe him as woke. His interview indicated racism is still a problem.
    Some on here have mentioned liking Michael Holding when he is broadcasting during games, similar to some mentioning liking David Lloyd broadcasting during games.
    I believe because it is an invented word that people define on the hoof to suit themselves.
    My definition of woke is that it means anti racist and my definition is just fine.
    Your definition of woke in not correct. But you are entitled to your opinion, for just you
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I believe because it is an invented word that people define on the hoof to suit themselves.
    My definition of woke is that it means anti racist and my definition is just fine.
    Your definition of woke in not correct. But you are entitled to your opinion, for just you
    What is the correct definition?
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    seth plum said:
    Well, it confuses me. It’s clearly used as a negative but what does it mean? Please explain Fiona.
    Why does it have to be negative and it certainly doesn't 'simply mean anti-racist'. If you want to know more I suggest using a search engine and having an objective and open mind. Being woke is one thing but how that is then manifested and taken forward is another
  • Options
    Tin helmet on,
    woke means- there must be something I can say offended me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great character and hopefully he can enjoy his retirement. Seems the right time 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🍆🍆🍆🍆
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    seth plum said:
    Why does it have to be negative and it certainly doesn't 'simply mean anti-racist'. If you want to know more I suggest using a search engine and having an objective and open mind. Being woke is one thing but how that is then manifested and taken forward is another
    Fuck that for a lark!
  • Options
    Perhaps it was the first poster to use the word racist, or maybe the first poster to use the word 'woke' on this thread.
  • Options
    Controversial post incoming!!!!!

I heard Maureen Lipman speaking earlier about how comedy is in danger of being killed off due to people being terrified of making a comment that might come back and bite them in a few years leading to the end of their career.
    I found it an interesting comment and it made me reflect on how we are constantly judging past behaviour on the standards of today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:

I heard Maureen Lipman speaking earlier about how comedy is in danger of being killed off due to people being terrified of making a comment that might come back and bite them in a few years leading to the end of their career.
    I found it an interesting comment and it made me reflect on how we are constantly judging past behaviour on the standards of today.

His comments weren't acceptable when he made them, let alone today. At least he's acknowledged and apologised for them, personally to Rafiq as well. It speaks volumes compared to one former England cricket captain...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Perhaps it was the first poster to use the word racist, or maybe the first poster to use the word 'woke' on this thread.
    Please just 🤫
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    PLEASE DON’T DERAIL THE THREAD!

If you can’t just put on here your thoughts on Bumble retiring without the need to bring in the terms woke/cancel culture/snowflake etc I’ll ask the admins myself to close the thread. Mainly cos I find the incessant roundabout of this bollocks nauseating ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Take it to the HoC PLEASE 🙏🏻 

Or as it’s Christmas………..take a week off of it 👍🏼
    Well said...but taking it to the HoC threads is difficult for them as their little group have no-one to argue with over there anymore, either they got banned or get fed up with the disgraceful man hunting that is allowed to go on by the same people.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    AndyG said:

In recent months i have heard both Nick Ferrari and Mike Graham state they are only one word away from being sacked. Disgraceful times for having the audacity to have an opinion.
  • Options
    West2003 said:
    AndyG said:

His comments weren't acceptable when he made them, let alone today. At least he's acknowledged and apologised for them, personally to Rafiq as well. It speaks volumes compared to one former England cricket captain...
    I guess the difference from Maureen’s point of view is that she feels comedians will be scared to use certain words/phrases in future.
    But comedy has always evolved so I don’t really see it myself.

As you said, Bumble acknowledged & apologised for what he said.
    I pointed out right from the start of this thread it was inevitable he’d have to go.

So can we just stick to whether we enjoyed his commentary or not & in that case just say thank you or thank feck he’s gone?

Grand 👍🏼
  • Options
    AndyG said:

In recent months i have heard both Nick Ferrari and Mike Graham state they are only one word away from being sacked. Disgraceful times for having the audacity to have an opinion.
    It is also a big selling point for their shows
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Please just 🤫
    Implore all. 
  • Options
    Omurchu said:
    AndyG said:

It is also a big selling point for their shows
    I think they were also referring to the state of being in broadcasting these days for anyone who happens to work in it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Please just 🤫
    Implore all. 

seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Please just 🤫
    Implore all. 
    Is there not a single thread that you cannot impose your utter bollox on.
    Please just go away. 
    You are wrong.
    There has been no imposition by me on this thread.
    Read it if you want to understand why I say this, then perhaps you can give examples of what you mean.
    If you are that energised maybe you could give further examples from every other thread I contribute to.
    What you and some others appear to be objecting to is my existence, which is fair enough as haters gotta hate, but if what you object to is what I write (the utter bollocks on every thread) may I suggest you read what I write and explain what you object to.
    If you wish to go further maybe you could find the personals you might think I direct at other individuals as they're directed at me.