Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Bumble

124»

Comments

• Options
    No LL, I remember the gravelly voice of John Arlott as if it was yesterday.  Apparently, co-commentators knew when JL was arriving before play by the sound of chinking bottles in his carry bag.  As for my age I passed a medical for my 80th yesterday - coming up April - should have put that on the “nice thing happened today” thread.
    I remember laying on the settee, closing my eyes and listening to the pleasing thud of leather on willow, gentle applause and John Arlott describing the position of the Sun and the size of the gas holders at the Oval.  Pure poetry.

In the space of a couple of lines you bring back pleasant memories Raith.

Thanks to you too Johnny
  • Options
    Oh, bumble is the sound of cricket for me. This is a shame if not entirely surprising. @seth plum not met you and don’t know you, I agree with most of what you say but you do push it a bit. We won’t all agree on anything. 
  • Options
    For what it's worth my favourite ever was Brian Johnson, I liked the eccentricity of Henry Bloefeld, and would like hear more of the bloke (sorry forgotten his name) who answers the Laws questions in the occasional lunch interval.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    For what it's worth my favourite ever was Brian Johnson, I liked the eccentricity of Henry Bloefeld, and would like hear more of the bloke (sorry forgotten his name) who answers the Laws questions in the occasional lunch interval.
    Benedict? & thank you.
  • Options
    Good to see him back 
  • Options
    I may be tempted to set my alarm now.

Start the car………….😎