Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covid guidelines for upcoming games

covid protocolsFollowing the pre-Christmas updates from the government and EFL, new COVID guidelines will be in place at The Valley until further notice.

The new protocols will be in place for the first time for Saturday's game at The Valley against Wycombe Wanderers.

• Supporters will not be permitted without valid COVID certification
  • Arrive early to allow extra time to enter the stadium
  • Face coverings must be worn in indoor areas of the stadium
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61c4ce882f033/covid-guidelines-for-upcoming-games

Comments

• Options
    Given the Covid numbers in Greenwich at the moment I’m giving going to football a miss. 
  • Options
    The good people on Facebook are not taking the news of these measures well…
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The good people on Facebook are not taking the news of these measures well…
    I saw some of the comments too. Some have said they will stay away from matches until the restrictions are removed, which is probably a good thing for all those who do take their responsibility to others seriously.
    I take my responsibility to others seriously and follow all the guidelines, but will be going to the matches.
  • Options
    I don't see how the LFT has any meaning? How do you prove whose it is?
  • Options
    Personally think the EFL should show some common sense ( not going to happen)and allow the games to be streamed so that fans worried about Covid/ have covid can access the game. 

I know people will say you can use a VPN, but that just shows they have nothing to lose by allowing it legitimately.

I know there is logistical issues but would not allow season ticket holders refunds (I am one) as paying £10 for peace of mind or being able to see a game You couldn’t attend as isolating would be worth it in my opinion. 

It may also stop some fans around the country from attending when they shouldn’t be. 

If cases keep rising, I think behind closed doors football is a high probability anyway.

👍
  • Options
    It has no meaning at all, because it relies on the honesty of the person taking the test. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You don’t just turn up with a white bit of plastic in your hand and show a steward. You are supposed to upload it to the NHS app and show that result, if you are not double vaccinated.

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    You don’t just turn up with a white bit of plastic in your hand and show a steward. You are supposed to upload it to the NHS app and show that result, if you are not double vaccinated.

You can enter whatever result you want, you don't even need to take the test.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Sure. The second question still needs answering though.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not everyone can access the App.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not everyone can access the App.
    No need to if you are double jabbed and you have a paper copy from the NHS. If you want to go to events where you need a covid passport or proof of a LFT, then you will do what’s required. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

In all honesty, i am double jabbed but they should do both a lateral and a covid pass, minimum a lateral test. The problem with the LFT is it relies on people being honest and doing it themselves which i frankly dont trust.

I went to the Mosconi cup, i only had to show the covid pass even though i had a LFT. obviously being double/triple jabbed does not bypass that you can carry it or might have it even with no symptoms. Personally feel its best to be safe on that front and request LFT even for those who have a covid pass. 
  • Options
    The latrtsl flow test should not be included in the pass categories. As people have pointed out you can lie about the result and do not even need to take the test. As a person who has little faith in human nature I would expect most LFT for passes to be fake results so people can go to events.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I didn't see any mention of the requirements for kids being able to gain access, or am I missing something?

Ignore me - found it!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Pleased to see these public health measures introduced and will feel safer at games as a result.

I’m triple jabbed and I’m a fed up that the majority are acting sensibly, whilst a disdainful minority enjoy the benefits of others diligence, whilst simultaneously undermining it.
    It doesn't protect you from getting the virus, as being jabbed doesn't stop you from getting or passing on the virus. 

Those who won't get vaccinated can still get in, as all they have to do is report a negative test, they don't even have to take a test. It relies on honesty and  I wouldn't trust the honesty of someone who refuses to be jabbed, unless they cannot be jabbed for a valid medical reason.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Pleased to see these public health measures introduced and will feel safer at games as a result.

I’m triple jabbed and I’m a fed up that the majority are acting sensibly, whilst a disdainful minority enjoy the benefits of others diligence, whilst simultaneously undermining it.
    It doesn't protect you from getting the virus, as being jabbed doesn't stop you from getting or passing on the virus. 

Those who won't get vaccinated can still get in, as all they have to do is report a negative test, they don't even have to take a test. It relies on honesty and  I wouldn't trust the honesty of someone who refuses to be jabbed, unless they cannot be jabbed for a valid medical reason.
    Your misery is getting me down.
    I don't think you're even going anyway.
    People are thinking that they're safe when that isn't true. I am pointing out the reality.

Fine if you want to go, but people should know the risks of going. 
  • Options
    I want to re-iterate this point, as I wouldn't want anyone caught out: "Supporters using a paper NHS COVID Pass must produce the original printed copy on the day of the fixture (a photo/photocopy will not be accepted)".  

I scanned my letter to my phone when I first got it, as I thought it would soon get tatty/lost if I had to cart it about everywhere. Seems that won't be good enough though. 

• Options
    Personally think the EFL should show some common sense ( not going to happen)and allow the games to be streamed so that fans worried about Covid/ have covid can access the game. 

I know people will say you can use a VPN, but that just shows they have nothing to lose by allowing it legitimately.

I know there is logistical issues but would not allow season ticket holders refunds (I am one) as paying £10 for peace of mind or being able to see a game You couldn’t attend as isolating would be worth it in my opinion. 

It may also stop some fans around the country from attending when they shouldn’t be. 

If cases keep rising, I think behind closed doors football is a high probability anyway.

Been saying this on here for 2 weeks now 
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Your misery is getting me down.
    I don't think you're even going anyway.
    I've not missed a home match this season, but I won't be going on Saturday for the exact reasons @ME14addick mentions. I plan to visit my elderly uncle on Sunday who is recovering from a brain hemorrhage. The risk that an unvaccinated person could fake a lateral flow test and end up sitting near me is too great. I'd love to go, but unfortunately the liberty of the unvaccinated will be impinging on my liberty this weekend.