Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covid guidelines for upcoming games

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:
    Pleased to see these public health measures introduced and will feel safer at games as a result.

I’m triple jabbed and I’m a fed up that the majority are acting sensibly, whilst a disdainful minority enjoy the benefits of others diligence, whilst simultaneously undermining it.
    It doesn't protect you from getting the virus, as being jabbed doesn't stop you from getting or passing on the virus. 

Those who won't get vaccinated can still get in, as all they have to do is report a negative test, they don't even have to take a test. It relies on honesty and  I wouldn't trust the honesty of someone who refuses to be jabbed, unless they cannot be jabbed for a valid medical reason.
    Your misery is getting me down.
    I don't think you're even going anyway.
    I've not missed a home match this season, but I won't be going on Saturday for the exact reasons @ME14addick mentions. I plan to visit my elderly uncle on Sunday who is recovering from a brain hemorrhage. The risk that an unvaccinated person could fake a lateral flow test and end up sitting near me is too great. I'd love to go, but unfortunately the liberty of the unvaccinated will be impinging on my liberty this weekend. 
    I couldn't miss a match. I'd visit my uncle before the match.
    Mind you, whilst I agree with you, we can still catch Covid off the vaccinated and I'd expect 80% of the crowd to be double jabbed.
  • Options
    I'll be wearing my 1974/5 promotion winning knitted scarf on Saturday if that helps, :|
  • Options
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:
    Pleased to see these public health measures introduced and will feel safer at games as a result.

I’m triple jabbed and I’m a fed up that the majority are acting sensibly, whilst a disdainful minority enjoy the benefits of others diligence, whilst simultaneously undermining it.
    It doesn't protect you from getting the virus, as being jabbed doesn't stop you from getting or passing on the virus. 

Those who won't get vaccinated can still get in, as all they have to do is report a negative test, they don't even have to take a test. It relies on honesty and  I wouldn't trust the honesty of someone who refuses to be jabbed, unless they cannot be jabbed for a valid medical reason.
    I've not missed a home match this season, but I won't be going on Saturday for the exact reasons @ME14addick mentions. I plan to visit my elderly uncle on Sunday who is recovering from a brain hemorrhage. The risk that an unvaccinated person could fake a lateral flow test and end up sitting near me is too great. I'd love to go, but unfortunately the liberty of the unvaccinated will be impinging on my liberty this weekend. 
    Mind you, whilst I agree with you, we can still catch Covid off the vaccinated and I'd expect 80% of the crowd to be double jabbed.
    He lives 300 miles away, it isn't an option.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:

Totally get you reasons for not coming and would do the same in your scenario, hope everything with your Uncle turns out ok.

However can we stop this assessment people are doing fake tests to get into The Valley and other venues.  For the most part the UK population is very compliant and do generally stay indoors when they test positive (numerous threads on here).

I'm triple vaxed, will test before I go to the game, have the app, have the letter, will wear a mask on the concourse and you can still catch it from me.  The risk is the virus not people who have probably in the main have complied with all that has been requested of them. 
    I'm not saying they are, I'm saying it's a risk. According to Public Health England over 2,000 jibbed into Wembley this summer. If people will do that with no conscience, there's nothing to stop them faking a Covid test. What I'm saying is that the measures aren't tight enough. Lateral Flow Tests shouldn't be sufficient for access to public events when vaccinations are free and available to all*.

*Usual caveats apply to the small minority of unvaccinated who have genuine medical reasons. 
  • Options
    I have just created my pass. Good.....er, no.

"Your 2D barcode expires: a maximum of 30 days from the date of issue, if you're fully vaccinated or part of a COVID-19 clinical trial 48 hours from the time of a negative test."

I have not had (and will not have) a booster, and I am therefore, presumably, not fully vaccinated. So I am in the 48 hour lot.

So I am currently ok to go in on Saturday at 2.05, but not at 2.07. I will of course print out another pass tomorrow.

Bonkers!
  • Options
    Where do you sit Stig? I think whichever stand you're in you can move somewhere with some empty seats about.
  • Options
    The electronic passes last 30 days and renew every time you access, so always last 30 days.
  • Options
    I personally can't wait to get back. Agree with Rodders, can't see what anyone should take issue with the guidelines in place.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The electronic passes last 30 days and renew every time you access, so always last 30 days.
    I have a covid pass on my app but it lasts about 2 days. Others I know have it but all on an iphone lasts for a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would say don't go if you have a cold. And the EFL should allow streaming for January.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:

Yes it is if you actually care about him or the football.
  • Options
    would love to go Saturday but currently have Covid and not due out of isolation until next Tuesday at the earliest
  • Options
    Stig said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:

Totally get you reasons for not coming and would do the same in your scenario, hope everything with your Uncle turns out ok.

However can we stop this assessment people are doing fake tests to get into The Valley and other venues.  For the most part the UK population is very compliant and do generally stay indoors when they test positive (numerous threads on here).

I'm triple vaxed, will test before I go to the game, have the app, have the letter, will wear a mask on the concourse and you can still catch it from me.  The risk is the virus not people who have probably in the main have complied with all that has been requested of them. 
    I'm not saying they are, I'm saying it's a risk. According to Public Health England over 2,000 jibbed into Wembley this summer. If people will do that with no conscience, there's nothing to stop them faking a Covid test. What I'm saying is that the measures aren't tight enough. Lateral Flow Tests shouldn't be sufficient for access to public events when vaccinations are free and available to all*.

*Usual caveats apply to the small minority of unvaccinated who have genuine medical reasons. 
    If you were unlucky enough to catch Covid on Saturday you will not be infectious on Sunday.  Monday would be the absolute earliest but most likely Wednesday.
  • Options
    Assuming everyone was honest with their LFT, the fact it could have been conducted 72 hours previously gives me cause for concern.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    So with all the Covid issues the club is releasing 5,000 free tickets for Wycombe.  Already busy concourses going to be a lot busier. 

• Options
    I have a covid pass on my app but it lasts about 2 days. Others I know have it but all on an iphone lasts for a few weeks.
    Have you confrimed your ID within the app?
  • Options
    Yes, but they are thinner than us.
    All the best Chips.
  • Options
    I'm triple vaccinated but my pass only lasts for 48 hours. Anyone know why that is, please? Might it be that as my booster was on Dec 21, NHS hasn't updated my records yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I'm triple vaccinated but my pass only lasts for 48 hours. Anyone know why that is, please? Might it be that as my booster was on Dec 21, NHS hasn't updated my records yet?
    Think you may be requesting a travel and not a domestic pass on the app. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, i've just printed one off for domestic and it's only valid til 1/1 @ 5.47pm

• Options

Maybe this from their help
    Page in that case:

If you use the NHS App for your NHS COVID Pass, it may ask you to confirm your phone number when you log in. If you do not confirm it, your NHS COVID Pass will be valid for only 72 hou
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:

Yes it is if you actually care about him or the football.
    Thanks for presuming that you know my life better than I do, but no it isn't.

Hex said:
    Stig said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Stig said:
    IAgree said:

If you were unlucky enough to catch Covid on Saturday you will not be infectious on Sunday.  Monday would be the absolute earliest but most likely Wednesday.
    That'll make a lovely birthday present for him on Monday then. Happy Birthday uncle, can you guess what we've got you? It's Covid!
  • Options

Page in that case:

If you use the NHS App for your NHS COVID Pass, it may ask you to confirm your phone number when you log in. If you do not confirm it, your NHS COVID Pass will be valid for only 72 hou
    I clicked on 'Domestic' and gave my phone number. Thanks for the help, though. I will try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited December 2021
    I went to the Harlequins game at Twickenham on Monday with my 16 year old son and didn’t get asked to show anything regarding vaccination or lateral flow tests and didn’t appear anyone else was either. Saw very few masks being worn anywhere in the stadium. Was quite shocked how lax it was really. We left 10 mins early which I hate doing but sat on a near empty train home, Twickenham is notoriously bad for getting away from. 
  • Options
    Have you confrimed your ID within the app?
    Yes as far as I am aware i alssume you mean taking a pic then letting them confirm....took 3 swipes to do it but yes.
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    All the best Chips.
    Hey mate and you....happy new year.
  • Options

Page in that case:

Never ask for my phone number, only email and password..
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    All the best Chips.
    Hey mate and you....happy new year.
    All the best big man.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I’m another one with a Covid pass only lasting two days. Phone number correct