Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crewe Alexandra v Charlton Athletic | January 12, 2022

Comments

• Turned it off. Losing to the dog and duck. Absolutely disgraceful. Feel sorry for some of the players but we’ve got too many average fannys.
    Feel sorry for the diehards who are there !!!

And BTW I am not one of them - tucked up in Dartford with the central heating on 
  • Fuck me what a shot performance!! as bad as anything under Adkins! DJ not in the game, Leko bloody awful, could be out there all night and don't look like scoring, flat flat all over the pitch, have to watch the relegation now, surely Gallen and Thomas should have had a loan striker lined up as soon as the window opens, thoroughly depressing, NO chance on Saturday 😟
  • Their goals sum up how we feel. 
  • And to think I used to think Craig MacGillivray looked a dodgy keeper. Henderson at fault for both those goals (along with defenders) and lucky not to give away a penalty.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Browny having an absolute field day ripping this defending apart :lol:
    Fuck ripping the defending apart, concentrate on how we only had 2 shots, 0 on target. 
  • SDAddick said:
    The second is unfortunately a good reminder of Hendo's problem when he was here last time: he rarely comes for balls in the air because when he does, he's not good at it.

By no means all his fault. I was watching up to around the 30th, then had a meeting, and all of a sudden we're 2-0 down. What happened? We didn't look great in the final third but wow. We just look like a team that fell asleep.
    *Just seen the first goal for the first time, it might actually all be Hendo's fault. That was a bad spill for the first.
  • Don't matter who the manager is,this team is dogshit.  Hendo has had a nightmare, Famewo overall decent defender but awful with ball at feet. Another midfielder needed, a right winger that wants to take players on and gets a cross in. DJ don't wanna do it . Leko overall is piss poor doesn't pass doesn't lift his head tries to beat 3 players every time and just don't do it
  • To be this bad in L1 is embarrassing- where next?
  • Sponsored links:

• No way are we scoring 3.
    We’d be lucky to get 1.
  • Brownie calling out a lack of desire
  • Not watching but not surprised.

This sides timidness in front of goal has been plain to see for a long time.
    They put in a gargantuan effort to get Jacko the job but looks like they've run out of puff now and the wheels are rapidly coming off.
  • Just tuning in. In a nutshell, what’s going wrong?
  • No way are we scoring 3.
    Doncaster were 3 up against Morecambe last month & ended up losing 4-3. 

Teams do it every week. Just need the balls to go for it. Shoot at every opportunity. Good dead balls. 
  • mogodon said:
    I accepted on the way results turned when JJ took over that the issue was Adkins and his approach. But now I am confused ... why has it suddenly gone so wrong again?
    This is the 4th time in 5 years its happened. 
  • Just tuning in. In a nutshell, what’s going wrong?
    Shit players.
  • First twenty minutes were good but even then no real shots and through bungling, poor passing and no quality up front we are piss poor Reminds me of home match against Bolton. So poor in defence tonight.
  • Premier league within 5 years. 
    Not with you in charge we won't 

I will be proved right he's a fucking  clown
    Who?
  • Send Leko back to Birmingham  , he is shit . Waste of a loan . Bring on Inniss for Pearce at half time . As bad as Adkins ball , if not worse . Fucking shambles .
  • Sponsored links:

• Powderpuff in the final third where we miss simple lay off opportunities by indecision or greediness. 

Pearce having a mare after a good run of performances and Famewo showing us why Inniss is such a complete centre half by comparison. 

Henderson parrying when he should be holding the ball. 

Are we back to Adkinsball again? 

Second half performance required now.

We just don't look like scoring. Someone needs to play out of their skin to turn this around. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Take Lee off….. a one trick pony who has been found out at this level
    Agreed. 
  • Bailey said:
    This is the worse the back three have played since Jacko put them together.
    Pearce at the back when you have Innis on the bench.

Nuff said.
  • Move Jimmy Giles to CF, Peacock left wing, Derek Hales to the pub and Paddy Powell to the bookies.

Job done.
  • It’s getting toxic here. Some of these players have downed tools and didn’t respond well, or at all, from the criticism from the away fans.
  • Washington through on goal and can't control. Lee, Leko, Dobson and Gilbey can't make 2 yard passes. Henderson non league standard in goal. We are well at home in this dogshit league, don't believe any different.
  • Can't defend, can't score and our midfield is shit - can see us being dragged back into the relegation zone at this rate - no game changers to come off the bench second half either
    Best midfield in the divison last month..... 
  • aliwibble said:
    Brownie going to be "glass virtually empty" in the studio, isn't he?
    I know I am right now! 

Agree with others... we're never scoring 3. We haven't got the deliverly to nick one from a corner, Leko spins and twists then loses it, all of our crosses have been terrible and Lee shows flashes but he's out of form. 

Hope Jacko puts up a rocket up them or shakes things up.. This squad is in dire need of shake up too. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!