Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crewe Alexandra v Charlton Athletic | January 12, 2022

Comments

• Steve Brown "We're trying to win a football match here!!"

That's the problem Brownie, no they're not!
  • This team is wank! Bounce has ended, season is done. 
  • A mess. A horror show. Utterly toothless up top. Piss poor final ball from loads of them. Henderson at fault for both goals. Centre backs being bullied by fucking Chris Porter. Pearce is having an absolute mare as is Leko. This could get a lot worse.
  • Not enough goals in the team.
  • Harness hasn't really put a foot wrong in the pizza games he's played. Wouldn't it be better to give him the experience? 
  • Crewe have taken their chances and scored at good times on 36 & 45 mins. Charlton have got in some good positions but haven't taken their chances. Final ball has been poor. A team has to take their chances.

If it wasn't totally clear before the game, Charlton at minimum one decent striker if not 2. It will be a struggle to ever get out of the league one if this is not sorted. It will also allow Johnnie Jackson flexibillity in set up of the team.
  • Just tuning in. In a nutshell, what’s going wrong?

Just tuning in. In a nutshell, what’s going wrong?

Not enough Rose, too much red :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Shitliffe saying exactly the same as Jacko after Norwich. Nothing in final third. Getting g8nt9 good positions but can't do anything with it. Crewe looked awful and a scrappy side but have been doing so much more with the ball in danger areas. 
  • Thoroughly unprofessional performance.
  • I wrote this in December, fucking hell I hate my crystal ball!!!!……..It is quite ironic, as the players that are doing well now are the same players, a few of them twice have decided to down tools on there manager, Bowyer and then Adkins. I wonder what it would take for Jacko to piss them off and repeat the dose…..
  • Talal said:
    Harness hasn't really put a foot wrong in the pizza games he's played. Wouldn't it be better to give him the experience? 
    Would prefer AMB back 
  • The commentators and Eddie Youds seem to believe we played well for the first half hour? I think I was watching a different game. We've been poor throughout with misplaced passing and dreadful decision making, it's just that we were even worse in the last fifteen minutes.

• Someone should tell them that none of the other teams in the Division have taken a Winter break...
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Browny having an absolute field day ripping this defending apart :lol:
    Fuck ripping the defending apart, concentrate on how we only had 2 shots, 0 on target. 
    But they were defensive errors...Crewe haven't been near scoring without us helping them along.
  • Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be…
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    Got to say I really liked Leko first time around but we shouldn't try to sign him on a perm. Too many average players in this team, recruitment is a real concern, DJ is so hot and cold, and Kirk can't even make the bench.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can't defend, can't score and our midfield is shit - can see us being dragged back into the relegation zone at this rate - no game changers to come off the bench second half either
    Best midfield in the divison last month..... 
    Without new forwards and Stockley out we will drop down the table.

• I never knew Eddie Youds was Scouse...
  • sam3110 said:
    Leko is nowhere near the player some people paint him to be
     Could say the same about a few of them.
    No quality or care of the ball in their end product.
    I really do think some of them close their eyes and hope for the best.

Unforgivable.
  • And to think I used to think Craig MacGillivray looked a dodgy keeper. Henderson at fault for both those goals (along with defenders) and lucky not to give away a penalty.
    Amos wasn't that bad really was he. 
  • Oh dear oh dear.
  • Got to say I really liked Leko first time around but we shouldn't try to sign him on a perm. Too many average players in this team, recruitment is a concern, DJ is so hot and cold, and Kirk can't even make the bench.
    So many players would relish playing against their old side, and if it was an ex player of ours they'd be mailed on to score, but for some reason it never works in our favour
  •  Leeko or Leko or is it
     pronounced a - useless waste of space? 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!