Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Seems to be really up for it at the moment, even more than before
  • RC_CAFC said:
    If you could guarantee me that he could play half an hour every game from here to the end of the season l, I’d snap your hand off. Comfortably the best substitute in league 1.
    Relative to his level, he might be the best sub in Europe.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    For me Stockley is the bigger problem.

Chuks suits the direction we want to go in, even if he can only ever be a super sub. He’s not going to be part of a high press but he makes things happen when he’s on the pitch.

Stockley doesn’t look as good a player as he did before this season and it can’t only be down to the formation and style of play. Confidence is one thing but I do wonder if he’s playing with an injury or previous injuries have had an impact.

We need a new striker in January and it wouldn’t surprise me if Stockley moved on to help that happen. 4-3-3 would be much more effective with a strong mobile striker with a decent touch.
    I was watching Stockley quite closely in the MK Dons game, as much as you can on the stream. 

He isn't the same player that arrived at the club nearly 2 years ago.  He was never going to run the the channels and get in behind but he wasn't this slow to react.  To me he looks like he is in real pain, or fear of pain. Or his confidence in his body, or ability, is so shot he isn't even trying.

Playing him every week is only making it worse but we don't have much choice really.

Back to Aneke we will never see the 20 minutes version extended to 60 or 70 from the start.  Yes it's unfortunate, yes it highlights other problems but starting Chuks isn't a viable, even short term, solution.
    And I’d rather not risk it to be honest as he offers so much from the bench. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    For me Stockley is the bigger problem.

Chuks suits the direction we want to go in, even if he can only ever be a super sub. He’s not going to be part of a high press but he makes things happen when he’s on the pitch.

Stockley doesn’t look as good a player as he did before this season and it can’t only be down to the formation and style of play. Confidence is one thing but I do wonder if he’s playing with an injury or previous injuries have had an impact.

We need a new striker in January and it wouldn’t surprise me if Stockley moved on to help that happen. 4-3-3 would be much more effective with a strong mobile striker with a decent touch.
    I was watching Stockley quite closely in the MK Dons game, as much as you can on the stream. 

He isn't the same player that arrived at the club nearly 2 years ago.  He was never going to run the the channels and get in behind but he wasn't this slow to react.  To me he looks like he is in real pain, or fear of pain. Or his confidence in his body, or ability, is so shot he isn't even trying.

Playing him every week is only making it worse but we don't have much choice really.

Back to Aneke we will never see the 20 minutes version extended to 60 or 70 from the start.  Yes it's unfortunate, yes it highlights other problems but starting Chuks isn't a viable, even short term, solution.
    And I’d rather not risk it to be honest as he offers so much from the bench. 
    I think it's even bigger than that.  He can't play like that for 70-90 so it completely over rides the risk.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Opposition players just bounce off him - he is incredibly strong on the ball. Very poor level of fitness.
    It’s amazing how he can control the ball with a centre back on his back like it’s nothing. Compared to Stockley who can’t control a long ball even if there is no defender on him. Makes so much difference 
    Such a pity he can't last more than 20 minutes...
    My Mrs is usually relatively pleased when I last that long. 
    Otherwise she could be looking at other options from the bench? :smiley:

• Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    If you could guarantee me that he could play half an hour every game from here to the end of the season l, I’d snap your hand off. Comfortably the best substitute in league 1.
    In my mind, that's exactly why Chuks was re-signed - to be that quality impact sub.

He was already proven in that role under Lee Bowyer, with the fact that tiring defences couldn't handle him plus the sheer number of goals he scored from the bench.

I feel sure that's why Jacko brought him back.

• Addick1956 seems to have disappeared. Quelle surpise. 
    My God, he was hard work. :neutral:

• I think Chuks could suit a 4-2-3-1 system or 4-3-3.
    Could be utilised as a plan b - preferably from the hour mark
  • 2 cup games now, I expect chucks to be rested for the pointless game on Tuesday and the I would also rest him on Saturday.

Stockley looks so shot of confidence, we should start him in at least one of the cup games as we will likely create chances in both. I would also give Kanu game time to see if he can force himself into the match day squad
  • RC_CAFC said:
    That Ladapo for Ipswich tbf!
  • Cheat code
    Noticed on Saturday when he got past that Ipswich defender on the byline that he basically had him in a headlock and threw him to the floor. Love his intensity.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, the cheat code 😂

• Sponsored links:

• I don’t get this contract with Aneke. Yes, he might be more talented than many in League One, but I wouldn’t employ a guy who turned up at 3 o’clock and knocked off at 5.30.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    NabySarr said:
    Opposition players just bounce off him - he is incredibly strong on the ball. Very poor level of fitness.
    It’s amazing how he can control the ball with a centre back on his back like it’s nothing. Compared to Stockley who can’t control a long ball even if there is no defender on him. Makes so much difference 
    Such a pity he can't last more than 20 minutes...
    My Mrs is usually relatively pleased when I last that long. 
    She's being greedy.
  • Ham & cheese strings
  • Sadly think it's time to let him go(again). Should never have brought him back.
  • Just get rid. Not fit for purpose. I’ve run out of sympathy. Sorry. 
  • Terminate his contract and show him the door.
  • Solidgone said:
    Poor Aneke, I feel really sorry for him.
    He's done okay out of Charlton.
  • His bad luck is as bad as the bloody club... I've never known anybody be so injury prone as this lad. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!