Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    It's the win ratio during his time as manager that did it

• Options
    I think it's excellent news if he's Jackson's choice and terrible news if he's not. 

For the avoidance of doubt, it doesn't matter one bit whether I think it's excellent or terrible news; what matters is how well he improves the team and how soon the improvement takes place.  

Good luck Terry. 
  • Options
    He was Yeovil’s manager between 2009-2012 in League One. Then assistant manager to Gary Johnson when they got promoted in 2013.

So even though Yeovil aren’t in the greatest place today, he has good prior experience at this level and the one above.
  • Options
    And, I would like to be the first to say "he's only gone and done it, Tel". 
  • Options
    Born in Mile End, came through the Chelsea academy and played for Welling prior to joining Yeovil as a player in 1999. 

Two London lads. Terry’s 46 so a few years older than Jacko but not so much of an age gap that they won’t see eye to eye.

I think them meeting during studies for their coaching badges is the most plausible explanation here.
    was just about to say i imagine they did their badges at the same time/place
  • Options
    I suspect bringing in an assistant and whether it would be Jackson’s choice or not came up in his contract negotiations and whether his choice or not it will have been expected and perhaps we really could do with another voice on the first team staff
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I think for someone to be in various coaching roles for that long at one club is a very good sign these days in football. Especially as often when managers leave or get sacked the coaches will go with them. 

• Options
    Born in Mile End, came through the Chelsea academy and played for Welling prior to joining Yeovil as a player in 1999. 

Two London lads. Terry’s 46 so a few years older than Jacko but not so much of an age gap that they won’t see eye to eye.

I think them meeting during studies for their coaching badges is the most plausible explanation here.
    was just about to say i imagine they did their badges at the same time/place
    Hope JJ was higher in the class than Terence, going by his win ratio before getting demoted at Yeovil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If its true I shall get behind him 100% - if its not I refuse to :)
  • Options
    I'm going to wait until it's on the OS and JJ explains his reasons.

I really can't see this being a TS choice so assume Jackson has made this choice based on Skiverton's experience and skills but we shall see

Annoying to have another TS at the club to confuse things.
    Call this one "Skivo"
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say I blame TS
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I really can't see this being a TS choice so assume Jackson has made this choice based on Skiverton's experience and skills but we shall see

So you didn’t wait then ;-)
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Call this one "Skivo"
    And certainly not "Skivvy"
  • Options
    Sounds like great news. We need somebody qualified to help us in L1. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a good appointment. Happy with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He needs a song- one better than that dreadful one Euell has. 
  • Options
    Feels like he’s a mate of JJ’s to me. Hope that’s the case.
    Random as f if that was a Danish pick. 

• Options
    should know all about the talent in the lower EFL and the National League .. he's an experienced football man and presumably his (as yet unconfirmed appointment) was endorsed by J J 
  • Options
    A surprising choice seeing that Yeovil have been in the NL for the last 2.5 years, but I'm sure it's Jacko's choice, rather than someone forced on him, and that's the crucial thing

I've no problem with bringing in an outsider, indeed that's probably a good thing, as we have plenty of internal input into the team and do need outside opinions.
  • Options
    At first glance it seems pretty odd but the more you think about it then it becomes a good appointment. Welcome Terry
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I heard he's Jackson choice after the Sandgaard's interviewed him from a list they found in Roddy's old desk drawer titled "football friends I never met" because  skivo and Jacko possibly did their badges together and gave each other a nod.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Really don't see what the issue is
    Agree totally. He has all his badges, has experience in the role. What’s not to like (except his connection to that scummy club in West London).
  • Options
    Unexpected but some fresh experience from outside the Charlton bubble isn’t a bad thing. Hopefully Euell is cool with it.