Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Is this official BTW?
    WIOTOS as @Henry Irving would say, so far lot's of speculation with nothing official...but why not discuss a possible rumour.. B)
    I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing it, just wondered if it was confirmed
  • Options
    Skiverton has management experience with Yeovil so maybe he's come in as an experienced assistant manager + manager in waiting if things don't work out. 

Would be good to have an outside view on things and how the coaching is going especially. 
    I can't seem him as a future manager in waiting if things go wrong. He seems happier as a number 2.

One positive aspect thing about him is that he was a centre back, and we do need to tighten up at the back
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Skiverton has management experience with Yeovil so maybe he's come in as an experienced assistant manager + manager in waiting if things don't work out. 

Would be good to have an outside view on things and how the coaching is going especially. 
    I think this is one of the most important things about this (hypothetical) appointment - whilst promoting from the inside is great for maintaining certain values and attitudes we want to keep, maybe there's some things that need to change, or be refreshed a bit.

From the sound of it, Skiverton is someone who knows Jackson and they apparently get on but possibly having someone willing to call it when things aren't working or to play devil's advocate on the training ground might be a benefit. 

Not to say that Euell can't or won't do that but if he is thinking of his own future then he might be holding his tongue somewhat whereas someone like Skiverton may be less restrained. 

(Admittedly all hypothetical but I think it follows logically enough.)
    Promotion from the inside is great if there is a culture of success........ 

Do you want continuation of the status quo?

The only example of it working long term, I think, is the Liverpool boot room but that started from a very high point. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's not about Euall it's about giving Jackson the best chance of being successful. 

Or do we just want Euall to stick around for when Jackson fucks it up or fucks off, because statistically he is highly likely to do one or the other.  Then make Euall manager because its his turn and he deserves it?  Then Hayes, then who ever is the u12s coach is.

If the manager is 100% responsible for the results he needs to have the best chance to succeed.  Sometimes there has to be some collateral damage. 
    Who is Euall ?
    A typo, pretty obvious who I was referring to. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:

I think this is one of the most important things about this (hypothetical) appointment - whilst promoting from the inside is great for maintaining certain values and attitudes we want to keep, maybe there's some things that need to change, or be refreshed a bit.

From the sound of it, Skiverton is someone who knows Jackson and they apparently get on but possibly having someone willing to call it when things aren't working or to play devil's advocate on the training ground might be a benefit. 

Not to say that Euell can't or won't do that but if he is thinking of his own future then he might be holding his tongue somewhat whereas someone like Skiverton may be less restrained. 

(Admittedly all hypothetical but I think it follows logically enough.)
    Promotion from the inside is great if there is a culture of success........ 

Do you want continuation of the status quo?

The only example of it working long term, I think, is the Liverpool boot room but that started from a very high point. 
    Yeah, I agree. There are obvious benefits to Jackson stepping up like he did (knowing the players, having a level of respect from them, and the known qualities of the man himself) but he's been there as well when things went wrong under both Bowyer and Adkins.

With a danger of history repeating itself a third time, I think fresh eyes being bought in can only be a good thing. I have faith that JJ can still turn it back around but fresh thinking will only help in that. 
  • Options
    I believe that our Terry is currently en route from Heathrow after his flight from St Lucia touched down.

:smile:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's not about Euall it's about giving Jackson the best chance of being successful. 

Or do we just want Euall to stick around for when Jackson fucks it up or fucks off, because statistically he is highly likely to do one or the other.  Then make Euall manager because its his turn and he deserves it?  Then Hayes, then who ever is the u12s coach is.

If the manager is 100% responsible for the results he needs to have the best chance to succeed.  Sometimes there has to be some collateral damage. 
    Who is Euall ?
    Coming from 1956 is a bit of an insult! Although admittedly, not sure spelling it wrong constantly constitutes a typo, not that I should be part of the spelling police, sorry!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Was it really worth responding to an obvious wind up...
  • Options
    Good luck to Terry although I must confess I was hoping for Andy Hughes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Is it ? When. I makeone people don't think so  In fact I am told to proof read. Anyway it is misspelt 

Two 'typo's' in your reply 😂😂
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Is it ? When. I makeone people don't think so  In fact I am told to proof read. Anyway it is misspelt 

I make it six but I think it was deliberate so the troll would get fed.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Is it ? When. I makeone people don't think so  In fact I am told to proof read. Anyway it is misspelt twice.
    Shame you don't seem to have listened to that very good advice. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Is it ? When. I makeone people don't think so  In fact I am told to proof read. Anyway it is misspelt twice.
    Hey Makeone 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?

Me school, didn't go 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?

Me school, didn't go 
    Me did but one not good.

Autodidacts Rool OK
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    To be honest, predictive text does seem to be getting a bit in front of itself on the artificial intelligence front. It takes over and gets it wrong quite often
  • Options
    Maybe JJ & Euell are too close to some of the players from the old roles under NA. Perhaps having a external motivator in an around the set up to look at things differently is a positive move. Welcome Terry  
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    To be honest, predictive text does seem to be getting a bit in front of itself on the artificial intelligence front. It takes over and gets it wrong quite often
    Agree. But then perhaps always best to first read through again what you've just written - before posting.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm going to wait until it's on the OS and JJ explains his reasons.

I really can't see this being a TS choice so assume Jackson has made this choice based on Skiverton's experience and skills but we shall see

Annoying to have another TS at the club to confuse things.
    If TS likes to be called Thomas, perhaps the new TS likes to be called Terry? :smile:

But please, no Terry Thomas.

Ding Dong !
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is Euall ?
    Hey Makeone 

That was aimed at Newbie who Reay must be Oldbie by now.
    You Reay shouldn't be correcting other peoples spelling  :D:D:D
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Unexpected but some fresh experience from outside the Charlton bubble isn’t a bad thing. Hopefully Euell is cool with it. 
    Euell doesn’t have the time to commit to being our assistant manager because of his England duties. He’s missed games of ours already remember. That’s why Jacko wanted someone else in.
    Wow, that is a huge leap.

He missed, IIRC, one game while representing Charlton within the England set up.

He'll be building links with very good young players who might just come to Charlton one day on loan or permanently as well as improving his own coaching skills and experience.
    Pretty sure it was reported somewhere. That’s not my own conclusion. 
  • Options
    Well he isn't the assistant, wonder how Euell feels about that........ 
  • Options
    He is obviously a JJ choice and I don’t think his title, or lack of one, will matter. The players will know the pecking order from who does and says what.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, what would the plan/situation be for assistant manager?