Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    How Skivvo can spend 23 years down in Somerset and not say "all right my lover" is a mystery.
    Did Olly edit the interview so another rumour didn't run riot ?
    I don't think they say "my lover" in Somerset, that's more of a Cornish thing.

They do say "oo ar" though, apparently.
  • Options
    How Skivvo can spend 23 years down in Somerset and not say "all right my lover" is a mystery.

Some of they Janners, they do say it over the water in Plymmuff.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    A lot of speculation on this thread, but the important question has been overlooked:

Is he 'Tel'? 

Or 'Skivs'? 

Or 'Skivvy'?
    Skiv-o

EDIT: Sorry i see it's already been settled. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

A local Janner calls me (and everybody) Bubs/Bubber.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh you can tell I don't know who to use my new tablet!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Yeah, I got a good friend from Devon and he calls me bubs, the f*****g weirdo
  • Options
    23 years at Yeovil !! .. let's hope his move to us is beneficial all round
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Are you both follically challenged?

Only asking cos we used to call our friend Bubs…………..short for Bald Ugly Bastard……..it was a term of endearment & he loved it 😊 
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    “I’m grateful to Thomas [Sandgaard, Charlton owner] that he assisted my request and that he showed a bit of faith in me to bring the people to him,” Jackson told the South London Press. “They were not handpicked for me."

They?
    Keep this to yourself - Skivvo’s son is a left back and will be joking the club in the next week or so. 
    In 2019, Skiverton became academy manager, and during this time he has seen his son Fin make his debut for the club. 
    https://www.ytfc.net/club-news-terry-skiverton-to-depart-huish-park/
    Watch out, son.

Nepotism doesn't go down too well in these parts.

Fin ? 

More like Finito....

( Only kidding !) 
  • Options

Aren't we unbeaten in the league since the arrival of Saint Skivvo of Yeovil ?

• Options

100% win record no less
  • Options

100% win record no less
    Just got here then?
  • Options

100% win record no less

Skivvo is clearly the secret behind our recovery. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that people have views about Terry Skiverton when there was rather less comment about the endless stream of non-entities who appeared as support staff under Duchatelet. The only thing surprising about this appointment to me is that Skiverton had been at Yeovil for 23 years. 
    I don't know there is a long thread on Chris O what'shisname. 
    Who was actually one of the more credible Roland people, along with "Nobby Vinegar"
    Chris O'Loughlin; now Sporting Director of Union St Gilloise who are top of the Belgian league at the moment. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Are you both follically challenged?

Only asking cos we used to call our friend Bubs…………..short for Bald Ugly Bastard……..it was a term of endearment & he loved it 😊 
    Bald and beautiful as charged, my lady.
  • Options
    I noticed Jason in the Tech area at Fratton. I am struggling  to inow what Skiverton's roll is on match days. Jacko barely mentions him .
    To sit back, watch, take in his view and report back to Jackson. Didn't curb have someone in the stands watching games for a different perspective?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    I noticed Jason in the Tech area at Fratton. I am struggling  to inow what Skiverton's roll is on match days. Jacko barely mentions him .
    I reckon it's ham and cheese.
    Looks more of a beef and mustard bloke to me
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Watching the Pompey game back Skiverton had a sizeable group around him at one of the breaks in play and was giving a rousing few words to them it looked like. I think it’s really good for JJ and Euell to have an experienced, fresh voice in the dressing room.
    "Chuks, you need to pick the ball up, not give it back, and then shoulder barge the referee"
  • Options
    I haven't counted the games, but his stay must be similar to some of the unknown assistant coaches we had in the Roland network days, the Wims...
  • Options
    Never understood that appointment. Ambition premier league so we hire a guy who’s been at Yeovil his entire career apparently because JJ met him on a coaching course and got on we’ll with him. Bye Terry. Good luck for the future. 
    I was a bit concerned at the time. It felt a bit safe, someone who will be happy to be subservient to Jacko, rather than a bigger name who could be a threat to him.
  • Options
    Ended his 13 year tenure at Yeovil for three and a half months at Charlton!

Wonder if he had the same type of league position based contract as Jackson.