Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Sillybilly is spot on. 
  • Options
    He certainly pushed on.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    se9addick said:
    Ended his 13 year tenure at Yeovil for three and a half months at Charlton!

Wonder if he had the same type of league position based contract as Jackson. 
    It is often said if an opportunity comes along, take it and that the only regret you will have in later life is if you didn't take it.

I'm not sure Skiverton will be feeling that way tonight.
  • Options
    I'm sure he's not crying at having his contract paid up. A few hundred grand in the bank for 2 months work. Not bad if you can get it. 
  • Options
    Came in after the January recruitment, and leaves bang on the end of the season, so anything he wanted to help Jacko on and assist with, recruitment wise or new ideas tactically, wouldn't have been able to be implemented in that time anyway.

Bizarre all round
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Came in after the January recruitment, and leaves bang on the end of the season, so anything he wanted to help Jacko on and assist with, recruitment wise or new ideas tactically, wouldn't have been able to be implemented in that time anyway.

Bizarre all round
    Once JJ went Skiverton would go as well 
    matter how long in the job … he was JJ man 
  • Options
    I'm sure he's not crying at having his contract paid up. A few hundred grand in the bank for 2 months work. Not bad if you can get it. 
    I’d bet it’s not much over six figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Sandgaard is clearly out, why are some of the coaches remaining?
    This is already looking like another summer disaster. 
  • Options
    These people know the risk in football when they take a roll at any club …… Euell more or less caretaker at the moment 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If Sandgaard is clearly out, why are some of the coaches remaining?
    This is already looking like another summer disaster. 
    I assume you meant Skiverton.
  • Options
    These people know the risk in football when they take a roll at any club …… Euell more or less caretaker at the moment 
    Skiverton was more of a sandwich type of bloke.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He was only appointed about 2 weeks ago to be fair!
  • Options
    Skiverton didn't move house.
  • Options
    Christ yeh, we got a game coming up in 3 months and intense pre-season in 2.
    Hope Euell is more or less ready.  ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I attribute to some bizarre zeniphobia that has gripped the fan base over the last decade. 

Anyone that is new or an outsider is immediately the baddie.  Except Gallen for some reason. Skiverton is just the latest example. 

Although he was probably relieved to see some other potential scape goats come in just before he got sacked himself. 

We haven't had too many foreigners in the last 12 years and a lot of those were well liked, apart from our owners. Not sure why xenophobic tendencies come into it.   

Nobody liked Roland because of the way he ran the club.  Not because of his Belgian background. 
    I think he meant anyone with a non Charlton background, rather than actual foreigners. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good Luck JJ, as always you will come back and bite on the arse!!!!
  • Options
    Not too sure what his exact role was, but liked the way he looked very vocal from the touchline from virtually his first game. Also seemed the players would group around him at breaks in play, during various games. 

Good luck the Skiv
  • Options
    I thought he was a good appointment for us and am very confident he will do well with AFCW.  Glad he is back into employment quick as must have been tough to leave the safety of Yeovil after years and get bombed out of Charlton so quick.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I attribute to some bizarre zeniphobia that has gripped the fan base over the last decade. 

Anyone that is new or an outsider is immediately the baddie.  Except Gallen for some reason. Skiverton is just the latest example. 

Although he was probably relieved to see some other potential scape goats come in just before he got sacked himself. 

We haven't had too many foreigners in the last 12 years and a lot of those were well liked, apart from our owners. Not sure why xenophobic tendencies come into it.   

Nobody liked Roland because of the way he ran the club.  Not because of his Belgian background. 
    Look it up in a dictionary.

Anyway Skivo is a Womble.  Actually really pleased for him.
    What a joke. You tell me to look it up in a dictionary but the guy who started this discussion on foreigners meant exactly what I meant and spelt xenophobic with a z as in zero. Yet you say nothing or make no comment there. Says it all.
    It was my typo you absolute cockwomble.  So it's highley unlikely I would, isn't it?

Xenophobia - fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners.  Happy? 
  • Options
    Seen some folk on Twitter express surprise on the basis that this appointment validates that bringing Skiverton in was Jacko's call.

I'm not sure how anyone would have reasonably concluded he was Sandgaard's man but there you go!
  • Options
    Seen some folk on Twitter express surprise on the basis that this appointment validates that bringing Skiverton in was Jacko's call.

I'm not sure how anyone would have reasonably concluded he was Sandgaard's man but there you go!
    I thought it was common knowledge it was Jackson’s call, that’s the impression I had anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Because Skiverton - Martin Sandgaard - Ron Dangerfield - Jon da Souza (all people coming from! Lower League backgrounds), gave fuel to their belief that Tommy is skint. 
  • Options

Because Skiverton - Martin Sandgaard - Ron Dangerfield - Jon da Souza (all people coming from! Lower League backgrounds), gave fuel to their belief that Tommy is skint. 
    Does beg the question of who signed da Souza though........ 
  • Options
    Ron Dangerfield was in the 1905 Lounge before and after the under 18s game on Saturday. Was talking to various club staff in a getting to know you way. (Steve Gallen was there too.)