Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what he will bring to the party, but welcome Terry, only time will tell.
  • Options
    clive said:
    “I’m grateful to Thomas [Sandgaard, Charlton owner] that he assisted my request and that he showed a bit of faith in me to bring the people to him,” Jackson told the South London Press. “They were not handpicked for me."

They?
    This is all that matters.  Only one person's bollocks are on the block. 
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson is Manager and Jason and Skivvo are first team coaches:

Let's stop the shite about JJ and Euell having a fall out, of course Jason is ambitious to be a manager to add to his coaching CV with England. 

All this conspiracy after the nonsense we have been through over the last decade is wearing me out and why can't we all support Johnnie Jackson as Manager, Thomas Sandgaard as owner, and hope we can use the rest of this season to improve and move up the table without the constant depressing dog shit remarks. 

Terry Skiverton is ideal to come in with his experience and yet still young enough at 46 to Dovetail to make this London born triumvirate successful.
    I agree with this post but be prepared to be worn out even further as for some Skivvo will just be another scapegoat to give them something new to moan about. For me the fact that JJ knows him and was his appointment gives me optimism.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:

A lot more connections to the club, players and the area than I initially thought. Seems a good fit.
    I like that he refers to Jackson as "the Gaffer". hopefully the players will follow this as it really annoys me when they call him Jacko, comes across as that there isn't the respect there imo
    Is it football where this is only a thing?

Imagine having to call people at work "Boss" or "Sir" rather than their actual name or what the majority of people call them. Find it weird that it bothers people.
    I best not say what I used to call @DaveMehmet when he used to pretend to be my manager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that people have views about Terry Skiverton when there was rather less comment about the endless stream of non-entities who appeared as support staff under Duchatelet. The only thing surprising about this appointment to me is that Skiverton had been at Yeovil for 23 years. 
    Back then in the network manager era we just assumed the coaches would be unsuitable unknowns who would come and go, so it hardly needed discussing whether Wim de Whatshisname was a suitable candidate!
  • Options
    Charlton fans feel they appointed JJ, but were left in the dark for the appointment of a first team coach.
  • Options
    Interesting that people have views about Terry Skiverton when there was rather less comment about the endless stream of non-entities who appeared as support staff under Duchatelet. The only thing surprising about this appointment to me is that Skiverton had been at Yeovil for 23 years. 
    It's the Somerset cider!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    WSS said:
    WSS said:

A lot more connections to the club, players and the area than I initially thought. Seems a good fit.
    I like that he refers to Jackson as "the Gaffer". hopefully the players will follow this as it really annoys me when they call him Jacko, comes across as that there isn't the respect there imo
    Is it football where this is only a thing?

Imagine having to call people at work "Boss" or "Sir" rather than their actual name or what the majority of people call them. Find it weird that it bothers people.
    I best not say what I used to call @DaveMehmet when he used to pretend to be my manager. 
    Whatever it was, you can't have said it much, you were never fucking there.
    It was your Benny Hill style of management that put me off. 

It wasn’t personal - I just can’t get on with the idea of working, I don’t think it’s for me tbh. 
  • Options
    I don't know there is a long thread on Chris O what'shisname. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    clive said:
    “I’m grateful to Thomas [Sandgaard, Charlton owner] that he assisted my request and that he showed a bit of faith in me to bring the people to him,” Jackson told the South London Press. “They were not handpicked for me."

They?
    I would deduce that Jackson nominated several including Skiverton, and TS interviewed and picked from those.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Who was actually one of the more credible Roland people, along with "Nobby Vinegar"
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's not about Euall it's about giving Jackson the best chance of being successful. 

Or do we just want Euall to stick around for when Jackson fucks it up or fucks off, because statistically he is highly likely to do one or the other.  Then make Euall manager because its his turn and he deserves it?  Then Hayes, then who ever is the u12s coach is.

If the manager is 100% responsible for the results he needs to have the best chance to succeed.  Sometimes there has to be some collateral damage. 
    Who is Euall ?
    Everyone in Texas.
    Nah..that was Ewing... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Skivvo.
    He brings a little more experience and perhaps a wiser head to the set-up.
    On the face of it a positive appointment, we shall see.

• Options
    Is that really so?
    You've said before yourself that Fraeye was a ridiculous appointment and there are over 30 threads on he alone.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/search?Search=Karel
  • Options
    LargeAddick said: ok
    clive said:

They?
    I read it as the different candidates Jacko put forward for the role. 
    I read it that Jacko is referring to the fact he also wanted Euell on his team as well as Skivvo
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's true, but he was the exception.
  • Options
    Is that really so?
    You've said before yourself that Fraeye was a ridiculous appointment and there are over 30 threads on he alone.

Fraeye wasn't support staff in 2015/16. He was in charge.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Is that really so?

Fraeye wasn't support staff in 2015/16. He was in charge.
    Well sort of
    “Spread out”
  • Options
    No this cant be right !!!! the fanbase will be up in arms as the guy has never played for us before so just doesnt get CAFC !