Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    My first reaction was confusion I admit but on reflection I am optimistic. Someone who has got some past experience in the lower divisions can only be a good thing in our current situation and from what people are saying it sounds like a JJ appointment which is another positive. 

Does seem a bit harsh on Euell perhaps but the team are unarguably in a rut right now so if this is the change we needed then it's probably for the overall best. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Unexpected but some fresh experience from outside the Charlton bubble isn’t a bad thing. Hopefully Euell is cool with it. 
    Quite frankly I couldn't give a flying fuck what Euell thinks about it. 

Remember how successful Dowie and Adkins where when they had their backroom team appointed for them and were given some players?

Remember how much arsenal improved when Wenger just got given players?

Remember all those trophies Man United won after Fegie was told who his number 2 would be?

If this is, as I suspect, Jackson's choice we might finally be going down the right path.  If its not he will be gone well before May.  Pick the manager, back the manager and if it upsets some good chaps along the way so be it. 

I think the years of loyal service from Euell means we should “give a flying fuck what he thinks”. We shouldn’t change our decisions necessarily based on his opinions, but basic courtesy is in order.
    Necessarily?  It's nothing to do with him.

He either likes it, sucks it up and does his job or finds another job and leaves.  It's football he knows the score, he has been in the game 30 years. 

What's more important giving Jackson the tools to succeed or Euall's feelings?

I honestly think some fans would be happier with us in the 4th division with the "right chaps" than in the Premier league with a management team of Danny Murphy, Defoe and Scott Parker. 

I support Charlton, not the manager or anyone else.  If Charlton are successful I don't care who the manager is, who the coach is, who the assistant is, if they aren't I would rather someone else had a go. 

of course it is something to do with Euell, he is part of the coaching team and is due consideration and inclusion, to think otherwise is rather poor
    No its not, its common practice when the manager is sacked the whole back room go with him.  It is also common practice that any incoming manager picks his own back room staff. 

If Jackson wants Euall as first team coach and Euall is happy in that roll great.  No issue. 

If Jackson wants x and y as his staff he should have them.  Should we consult Adam Matthews if we want to sign a right back, or isn't he a "good chap"?

If Adkins had brought in his own back room team, as he should have been allowed, no one would be crying if they got binned.  Pathetic. 
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say I blame TS
    If not the first you won’t be the last 🙂
  • Options
    Good luck to the guy. Hope it works out for all concerned.

Mind you if it doesn't, we can sell him back to Yeovil for £300k in 6 months time.
  • Options
    Don’t really know enough to have a proper opinion, but I’m sure this is something JJ is fully behind (fairly sure he wouldn’t have just signed for the job if he was about to be lumbered with an assistant he didn’t want). 

I like the fact he’s a lower league background and I like the fact he sounds a decent motivator. I think one of the main problems we’ve had since we’ve dropped out the Prem is a mentality one and this is something I hope he’ll help address going forwards. 

Welcome Terry 
    Yep. Planning for the future. 🙁
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    What a history! Been at Yeovil for 23 years. How's that for ambition from Charlton Athletic...
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Jacko must have endorsed this .  Maybe they did badges together.  Good news to have another coach on board 
    After all that time and legend status at Yeovil, it seems to me it would take quite an offer to prise him away. Either that or he knows Jacko well enough to think he’s doing the right thing.  
    Midtable NL to League 1 is a big jump up the football ladder. Realistically Yeovil aren't going to get promoted against the super rich clubs in the NL either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Is he a bit of a John Sitton type character then?
  • Options
    What a history! Been at Yeovil for 23 years. How's that for ambition from Charlton Athletic...
    We just appointed JJ as manager, how long has he been with us? Again a lack of ambition.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Ish
  • Options
    Hopefully the new TS can recommend a couple of non league gems who might be able to step up. I think now is about the right time to have a cheap punt or two. 
  • Options
    Took over the player manager role  when Russel Slade left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    Ish

Doesn't tell people to bring their dinner but just a snack.  
    https://youtu.be/XVj45yN72uU

Happy days..
  • Options
    Makes sense as an established league one side to appoint somebody who has never played above it.
    The squad will be in awe of him and the best players  will flock to the club based on his reputation.
    I'm sure Thomas is recording a metal version of The Wurzels classic "Rock around the A38", before proclaiming he's gonna blow (his) league one (duck) out of the (bath)water.
    I have already changed my tipple of choice to cider.
    Rock on Charlton, I think I've just cum
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Jacko must have endorsed this .  Maybe they did badges together.  Good news to have another coach on board 
    After all that time and legend status at Yeovil, it seems to me it would take quite an offer to prise him away. Either that or he knows Jacko well enough to think he’s doing the right thing.  
    Midtable NL to League 1 is a big jump up the football ladder. Realistically Yeovil aren't going to get promoted against the super rich clubs in the NL either
    He has managed at this level before though, so it's not like we've plucked some guy from a sunday league team.
  • Options
    "One Terry Skiverton, there's only one Terry Skiverton.."

Where's my season ticket application form when I need it ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Badgers carry bTB and neither of them should go anywhere near them. It’s disgusting and I assume their wives aren’t happy about it. Sorry misread the post. Forget it.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be a good appointment.
  • Options
    Charlton could really benefit from a more experienced assistant manager/coach along side JJ, and I would assume JE would return to the u23's,  hopefully this role will satisfy him.