Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum YouTube channel launched

We've now started to upload the tapes Lennie Lawrence gave us onto our new museum YouTube channel

They are rough, no commentary, replays or scores but they are a view into a long gone Valley and a different era of football

These are just the start, we have a lot more to come.

Watch, subscribe and let us know what you think 

https://t.co/vlBJYNwyqP

PS we need 100 subscribers to get our own URL so click on the red button

Comments

• Options
    Just skimmed through the Burnley game to watch Killer get sent off near the end

really good thing to get and make available 
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Full matches... wow these are fantastic, and now on the Internet forever. :-)

Subscribed.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Just skimmed through the Burnley game to watch Killer get sent off near the end

really good thing to get and make available 
    Cheers @JohnnyH2

Give it a plug on your twitter  account 
  • Options
    Cheers for all the subscribes
  • Options
    Interesting to see how fast and direct some of the football is
  • Options
    Subscribed 
  • Options
    Excellent stuff. Subscribed. 
  • Options
     Nice one, good luck 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    subscribed. Thanks for the hard work put in.
  • Options
    Subscribed
  • Options
    Proper football , no diving , high tempo , great stuff.
  • Options
    This will keep me going into old age. Thank you. 
  • Options
    Subscribed. 
  • Options
    Just watched a bit of the Derby game...

I'm assuming the fenced off bit of the East Terrace is away fans standing areas (Derby had about 10 in there..) and that the Jimmy Seed was mixed as when Hales scored there were clearly plenty of Charlton fans in there??

I thought proper segregation was in place before that...
  • Options
    Subscribed, great idea and good to catch up with some of the old stuff, nice work Henry..
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, other than the West stand, all other areas were pay on the day through the turnstiles. So segregation was harder but it is possible that areas were set aside depending on the number of away fans expected. In the QPR video you can see that the Jimmy Seed stand is mainly visiting fans and there is an area on the east side also for away fans.
  • Options

I'm assuming the fenced off bit of the East Terrace is away fans standing areas (Derby had about 10 in there..) and that the Jimmy Seed was mixed as when Hales scored there were clearly plenty of Charlton fans in there??

As much as the Jimmy Seed was the away end segregation was slack. At the last game against Stoke we could not get a seat in the covered end, the terrace next to the main stand was rammed, east terrace was shut so we sat in the Jimmy Seed and it was very much a mix of Charlton and Stoke.

And we did this by literally walking into that end from having got in via the Harvey Gardens turnstiles. 
  • Options
    Subscribed, look forward to viewing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff,  subscribed. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

As much as the Jimmy Seed was the away end segregation was slack. At the last game against Stoke we could not get a seat in the covered end, the terrace next to the main stand was rammed, east terrace was shut so we sat in the Jimmy Seed and it was very much a mix of Charlton and Stoke.

And we did this by literally walking into that end from having got in via the Harvey Gardens turnstiles. 
    Exactly what happened before we left the Valley. Keep your head now if you was in the South stand and watch the game. Hardly any aggro
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

funnily enough so did I, but thought that was just because of the numbers....
  • Options
     Subscribed and thanks for uploading these love a old Charlton video and as I was at all these will be fascinating matching memories to film
     40 years ago today my diary entry 'See Charlton and Cambridge play out a stupid 0-0 draw which should never have been played.
    Can't wait to get to that one
  • Options
    Subscribed. 
  • Options
    Top work Bob
  • Options
    Over 30 full games and clips from just that one season so far and 141 subscribers already.

Thanks for Bob and to everyone who's subscribed.

Looking forward to watching the London Five a Side tape.
  • Options
    Subscribed - brilliant! . Watched one game in full now - don't you just love a last minute opposition sending off and a winner seconds later!
  • Options
    Subscribed, great background TV while working in the studio.