Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum YouTube channel launched

Comments

• Options
    1982/83 added, if you have any games we haven't and are happy to let use them for the archive please let the museum know.
  • Options
    BobK said:
    1982/83 added, if you have any games we haven't and are happy to let use them for the archive please let the museum know.
    I lost of a load of videos, mainly away games when my mum had a clear out a couple of years ago. I hadn't realised they were amongst a crate of tapes she chucked out.

A lot of them like the 3 - 1 win at Upton Park and 4 -3 at Newcastle can still be seen on-line but I had the  4 - 4 Full Members 1/4 final at Goodison, a 1-1 draw at Sheff Wed in our 1st season back in the 1st division that I haven't seen elsewhere, amongst others.
  • Options
    Charlton v Bolton relegation decider now uploaded.

Classic game.
  • Options
    Great work. Subscribed. Look forward to seeing more as things come online.
  • Options
    subscribed
  • Options
    BobK said:
    1983/84 added. For anyone interested in the survival battle to exist as a club I have included a three-part news coverage from TV reports.
    Just watched all 3 of the news coverage, fantastic thing to have found to put out, brilliant from the museum 
  • Options
    BobK said:
    1983/84 added. For anyone interested in the survival battle to exist as a club I have included a three-part news coverage from TV reports.
    Is that the one that Derek Hales says that the spirits are high with the players as the bar's stocked with Henieken?
  • Options
    BobK said:
    Great work Bob

The museum is so lucky to have you and the other volunteers. 
  • Options
    BobK said:
    Great work Bob

Any idea what the situation might be regarding copyright and sticking up recordings made from Sky?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BobK said:
    Great work Bob

Any idea what the situation might be regarding copyright and sticking up recordings made from Sky?
    Shhhhhhush.

Sky stuff would be an issue.

Most of these were produced for CAFC so unlikely to be an problem. The BBC/ITV clips maybe but we are registered charity with a take down policy to cover ourselves. 
  • Options
    It is planned to put up as much of the archive, which has clips from 1920s to now, over the coming weeks. Any copyright issues will come to light when we try to upload them.
  • Options
    Good stuff. Subscribed. 
  • Options
    If while watching these great videos you would like to read the programme , we have a full set of programmes in a binder for sale.
     Season 82/83 , in excellent condition with embossed binder

£12 + £3.50 postage
  • Options
    1983-84 , full set , in great condition but the bottom edge of the binder has some damage.
    £10 + £3.50 postage
  • Options
    BobK said:
    A very young @falconwood_1 standing with his arms crossed in the background, 1min 32 sec in on the 1st video.
  • Options
    Season 1982/83 , Charlton sign former European footballer of the year Alan Simonsen. Who did he make his debut against ?

Swansea reserves !!!
  • Options
    Season 1982/83 , Charlton sign former European footballer of the year Alan Simonsen. Who did he make his debut against ?

Swansea reserves !!!
    Name the future Charlton player in the Swansea line up
  • Options
    Jim Loveridge
  • Options

Swansea reserves !!!

Looks like Steve Brown (sp?) is older than we thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Swansea reserves !!!

Different player.

Steve Browne made one first team appearance IIRC
  • Options
    1984/85 season now uploaded. Fewer tapes and mostly defeats so if anyone has missing games and are willing to lend them for copying please contact the Museum.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Dave Rudd said:

Swansea reserves !!!

Different player.

Oh dear, Henry.  Oh dear.

I think Steve Byron Brown would have been about ten years old on the day in question.

Umm .... whoosh?
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Swansea reserves !!!

Different player.

Oh dear, Henry.  Oh dear.

I think Steve Byron Brown would have been about ten years old on the day in question.

Umm .... whoosh?
    Not really as it's spelt Browne 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @BobK I assume you've got the Leeds playoff final and the Battle of the Bridge already, but have you got the 1988 Soccer Sixes? I haven't got the tapes, but I've probably got the DVDs we copied them to somewhere.
  • Options
    I tweeted ( the real ) Ronnie Moore about his performance against Derby and Billy Lansdowne with his brace against the O's.

Unfortunately I also linked Ronnie to the 5-1 Rotherham thrashing.

It might be worth highlighting some of these to supporters of some of our opponents.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @BobK I assume you've got the Leeds playoff final and the Battle of the Bridge already, but have you got the 1988 Soccer Sixes? I haven't got the tapes, but I've probably got the DVDs we copied them to somewhere.
    Yes, I have the Soccer Sixes from 1988
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I tweeted ( the real ) Ronnie Moore about his performance against Derby and Billy Lansdowne with his brace against the O's.

Unfortunately I also linked Ronnie to the 5-1 Rotherham thrashing.

It might be worth highlighting some of these to supporters of some of our opponents.
    I agree. In an ideal world we would have an exchange system with other teams archives.
  • Options
    last_line said:
    Thanks so much for your work on this Bob. I've been able to show my kids the video of me as the mascot for Simonsen's debut v Boro. It's given them the context behind one of the photos that's been on the wall in the utility room since before they were born. When I first saw it, I have to admit there was a lump in the throat!
    Favourite player Nicky Johns