Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    Still to work out what the question is that Albie Morgan answers, because again I don’t see it 
  • Options
    This is garbage
  • Options
    I don’t think they are forcing us out wide to the wing backs Brownie, it’s how we play against every team. So one dimensional, with absolutely no movement from our midfield or front 2.
  • Options
    Is Lee not playing ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Famewo at the moment for me is the weak link.
    such a contrast to what he was like in his first spell with us. 
    He’s being asked to cover almost an whole quarter of the pitch by this formation because CBT is so high up the pitch. 
  • Options
    Ref is far too far from play to be making some of these calls. 
  • Options
    sounds like we need an enforcer in the middle to take the game by the scruff of the neck. 
  • Options
    Another silly foul conceded..by us
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    This is awful.....about to abdicate to the HoC threads to supposedly other fans who dont follow their team...and I dont blame them

I normally head to the New Word Game thread if the football gets too dire...

Dipping in and out until I've calmed enough to come back to the game.
  • Options
    22' Batty with a vital touch to stop a Charlton attack - Andrew is able to clear soon after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ref is far too far from play to be making some of these calls. 
    About ten seconds behind.. after his gut..
  • Options
    What shit football this is
  • Options
    This is awful.....about to abdicate to the HoC threads to supposedly other fans who dont follow their team...and I dont blame them

I normally head to the New Word Game thread if the football gets too dire...
    The COVID thread can cheer me up
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Famewo at the moment for me is the weak link.
    such a contrast to what he was like in his first spell with us. 
    He’s being asked to cover almost an whole quarter of the pitch by this formation because CBT is so high up the pitch. 
    not watching just an observation that i have from seeing him previously this season. Think the formation is obviously a major problem. 
  • Options
    Midfield are hiding from the ball and getting called out on it by Brownie & co 
  • Options
    Wigan 2-0 Gills
  • Options
    Three passes across the back line and long. Every time. Not a lot of movement in midfield but to be fair I'd also just run forward if I knew the ball was just going to be knocked long. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Rothko said:
    Still to work out what the question is that Albie Morgan answers, because again I don’t see it 
    Played 2-3 of our best 5 attacking passes.

Burstow and Jaiyesimi with the other two

Certainly needs to read the game better out of possession and time his tackles better.
  • Options
    1. 22'

Post update

George Dobson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 22'

Post update

Foul by Jay Matete (Fleetwood Town).

• Options
    Lee is dreadful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 23'

Post update

Hand ball by Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Wasted
  • Options
    Do we have anyone who can run forwards with the football at his feet ?
  • Options
    It’s like they have 3 more players than us. Every Charlton man on the ball is surrounded but we can’t manufacture an overload anywhere. Says to me the tempo of our passing is just too slow and the movement will f the ball isn’t good enough. Lack of intensity. 
  • Options

26' Hayes storms down the left but takes a tumble and looks to be in a bit of pain on the ground - sure he'll be able to continue.
  • Options
    I like Elliot Lee but he has hardly touched the ball this first 25 mins.

He needs a rest out of the team. 
  • Options
    Ipswich 1- 1Accrington
  • Options
    Rotherham 1-0 Cheltenham
  • Options
    Inniss and Famewo don't know what to do when they are in possession but Morgan and Dobson arent really helping them out as well. Way to static, just walking alongside their man. Very easy for Fleetwoo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!