Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't look like anything has changed, completely braindead play
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Carried on from last week - players looking lost in this formation.
  • Options
    Both teams looking quite open - first goal will be important. Couple of good opportunities for Fleetwood and good positions / crosses for Charlton. Wing backs looking good going forward but not looking good defensively.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Sounds like we will be coming back from 0-1 down at this rate
    Practicing for later in the game...
  • Options
    Shape looks all wrong 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Leuth said:
    Morganwatch: watching Morgan trying to keep up with Matete there was actually quite a sad sight 
    It was Dobson who went for the ball, didn't get it and ended up well out of position

Which is why Gilbey is a must in the midfield, he does a lot more than "make a couple of forward runs" our midfield and Dobson, is miles better with him in it.
  • Options
    Get your chequebook out TS - there's a chap on the Huddersfield bench who needs rescuing ;) 
  • Options
    This is back to Adkins. We make attacking look hard, the opposition make it look easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    vff said:
    Both teams looking quite open - first goal will be important. Couple of good opportunities for Fleetwood and good positions / crosses for Charlton. Wing backs looking good going forward but not looking good defensively.
    Certainly looks like they've been told to play further forward.
  • Options
    Said in my Preview that we cant be giving away dangerous free kicks, especially with Andrew's ability.

He's had two now and is getting closer... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    16' Danny Andrew hits another decent free-kick from 25 yards for Fleetwood which dips just over the bar. #cafc 0 #ftfc 0
  • Options
    18 gone and Fleetwood are clearly the better side 
  • Options
    My stream is about 45 seconds behind these posts.
  • Options
    Let's maybe stop letting their guy have free kicks near our goal.

He is getting closer. 
  • Options
    I worry that in increasingly in recent weeks we've been impatient with the ball again. Three of four square passes and then a long diagonal or ball into the channels. We've got three ball playing central midfielders and we just take them out of the game completely. And it makes us very predictable.

Even if the diagonal comes off, without Stockley in the team we don't have a dominant aerial presence so those deep crosses don't usually find a Charlton shirt. 
  • Options
    Wigan1-0 Gills
  • Options
    Has CBT put in a good performance since he signed his contract extension?
  • Options
    Could be 4 down here. Shape not right here and the 32 Lane is having a field day between CBT and Famewo 
  • Options
    A comment about this ref:

You wouldn't have seen a ref that size in the old days.

Widescreen TVs are a relatively recent invention so the fat fcuker wouldn't have been able to grace Match of the Day or The Big Match as they couldn't fit him on the screen.
  • Options
    Too easy for Fleetwood this. Easy defending because we are moving sideways and backwards too much and easy attacking because we are leaving so much space in front and to the sides of the back three. We look very vulnerable on the turnover and not sure Jacko has got his selection right today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Famewo at the moment for me is the weak link.
    such a contrast to what he was like in his first spell with us. 
  • Options
    Nothing in midfield. Only tactic is hoof it to CBT. 
  • Options
    Ipswich 0-1 Accrington
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    My stream is about 45 seconds behind these posts.
    I've got the audio and it keeps stopping
  • Options
    1. 19'

Post update

Carl Johnston (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    This is awful.....about to abdicate to the HoC threads to supposedly other fans who dont follow their team...and I dont blame them

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Get your chequebook out TS - there's a chap on the Huddersfield bench who needs rescuing ;) 
    Can't believe he's not in their starting XI. Bring. Him. Home. 
  • Options
    Famewo and Lee aren't showing me anything that warrants a permanent signing
  • Options
    Left centre back being exposed - Blackett Taylor looking lively going forward but poor on defensive side. Defence is looking way too vulnerable.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!