Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Cam we assume Purrington is leaving or wanting to leave?

Can't think of any other reason for dropping out top scorer and most reliable defender. 
    He is neither of those things 
    Anyone in our starting 11 scored more than  Purrington ?
    Chap on the bench has 
    Is the bench starting 11? 
  • Options

On our way to the Valley. Excited for today’s game #cafc
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Very quiet train from Charing Cross. Small crowd expected?
    They're all here already mate. Good luck getting in
    A lot of fans got on at Blackheath. 
    The Blackheath Ultras  :D
  • Options
    First match for our new assistant manager. Hopefully he will scare the players into performing what they promised to do for their choice in Jackson. 
    Agree, Is he our Assistant Manager,..talk about having a new coach in, haven't seen any thing about him being the Assistant in any official capacity..
    just had a look at the website and Euell is still caretaker assistant manager with Terry as first team coach 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

On our way to the Valley. Excited for today’s game #cafc
    Glad someone's excited.
  • Options
    Glad Gilbey has been dropped. He has really been trying but has offered nothing going forwards. 
  • Options
    Dobson and Morgan are going to have their work cut out covering for Lee/DJ/CBT's lack of defensive ability.
    No doubt it will be Albie's fault that he's all over the pitch.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Glad Gilbey has been dropped. He has really been trying but has offered nothing going forwards. 
    He was on the bench last week too.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Cam we assume Purrington is leaving or wanting to leave?

Can't think of any other reason for dropping out top scorer and most reliable defender. 
    He is neither of those things 
    Anyone in our starting 11 scored more than  Purrington ?
    Chap on the bench has 
    Is the bench starting 11? 
    He was billed as 'our top scorer'. He isn't that by any metric. If he was starting he'd be the top scorer in our starting eleven, but if Washington was also starting he wouldn't be. By that logic, DJ is our top scorer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Future coach in action:

Pearce running through a few drills with the three centre-backs.
  • Options
    Dobson and Morgan are going to have their work cut out covering for Lee/DJ/CBT's lack of defensive ability.
    Get the Albie excuses in early!!
  • Options
    DJ has been rock solid at wing-back. The doubts with him have largely revolved around his crossing 
  • Options
    I’m getting about 1 word in 4 from Jim Melrose. 
  • Options
    Honestly team looks pretty average but fleetwood don't have much to write home about either. 

Hopefully we are solid at the back and take our chances when they come. 
  • Options
    Story from Jim Melrose commenting on Mac missing two games because of his new arrival, and when Jim was as Leeds in a similar situation, being told not to come back by Billy Bremner if he didn't turn up for a game V Millwall, how things have changed, mind you, sounded about the level of Bremner
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Get the Albie excuses in early!!
    And the Anti-Albie League are already loading the revolvers and sharpening the knives.
    Rightly so!!, he’s had his chances
  • Options
    Anyone who's at the match & watching the players warm up......you can see why we don't score many. 

Too.many.touches. just hit the thing. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    only at charlton get a young 22 year old in on  Loan but can’t play because not fit to play in league one what a joke 
    Jacko spoke on Charlton TV. Said he's not trained with the squad and thus isn't involved. I know Gallen talked about fitness. Castillo has dropped from the Championship where he wasn't playing much to League One. We're at least taking on a Chelsea player who was playing the division above us just a couple weeks ago, there are always going to be trade offs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Jim Milsop Melrose is great value, really enjoying his contribution
    Great character.
  • Options

• Options
    Scotty 'we don't know too much about [Castillo] but I've done some research...'

Are you watching, Jermaine Beckford?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    DJ has been rock solid at wing-back. The doubts with him have largely revolved around his crossing 
    I would say his decision making and movement off the ball as well. He hugs that touchline but is too often static. He doesn't run in behind. He comes inside sometimes for goalkicks but that's about it. And then when he gets on the balls he doesn't look to go past people, he just looks to work space for a cross, which are too often floated and not designed for the forwards we have on the pitch. 

I think he's the most solid of our RWB choices, but he's capable of more and he's been quite frustrating in recent weeks. 
  • Options
    On the starting XI, I think I Albie deserves to start. He was decent of the bench a couple of matches ago and one of the better ones in a poor performance at Cheltenham. Gilbey and Lee not pulling up trees and Albie is the obvious next one off the rank in the current squad. Toss up for me if you leave out Gilbey or Lee, but while Gilbey gets around the pitch very well and can drive forwards, Lee has continued to look one of our most likely players to actually provide a killer pass or shot. 

Shame Washington still isn’t fit to start, him and Chuks will be a handful but I’m not convinced Burstow is really ready yet, although the potential is there. That’s why they’re talking to Defoe, some short term insurance if Stockley is going to be gone for a while. 

Very attacking wide men. Jacko clearly fancies CBT, not so sure myself. Id like to see Leko on the right - he was brilliant away at Sunderland and has barely played there since. DJ looked good at first but has gone into his shell recently. 

It’s needed a bit of a shake up for a few weeks. 

• Options
    ross1 said:

Didnt realise that Anthony Pilkington was firstly at Fleetwood now, or even that he was still playing till his name got read out. 
  • Options
    I like Chuks. Seems like a nice guy. 
  • Options
    Singing 'your support is fucking shit' to Fleetwood is a bit rich. Was only 300 of us up there
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    SDAddick said:
    I like Chuks. Seems like a nice guy. 
    Yeah, asked why he left, said he didn't want to...Why did he go then, seems like a strange one, probably felt he was better than Div 1, anyway is good to have him back
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!