Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022

Comments

• Options
    Doing dry January and made a bet with my old man that if we're losing at half time, I'll break it.

Expect to smashed later...! 
  • Options
    The calm before the, err, calm:

You got here before me then

Are you right at the back of the North Stand with three others? 
    There are three adults to my right (no idea where they're from but the language is Scandinavian-esque ... and one of them is wearing a Chelsea hat) and my grandson is on my left.

And as I typed all that the three chaps buggered off!
  • Options
    cazo said:
    only at charlton get a young 22 year old in on  Loan but can’t play because not fit to play in league one what a joke 
    Just recovering from Covid.

• Options
    Hoping for the best but fearing the worst after our recent performances! 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cazo said:
    only at charlton get a young 22 year old in on  Loan but can’t play because not fit to play in league one what a joke 
    Just recovering from Covid.

👍👍
  • Options
    Bloody ATV on the stream...wearing a bit thin now, any bloody win will do... B)
  • Options
    Josh Davison been doing some running drills on the pitch, so he's certainly still part of the matchday squad at present. 
    Same last week at Cheltenham 
  • Options
    Jim Melrose - 'that was four stone ago' in reaction to his highlights - brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cam we assume Purrington is leaving or wanting to leave?

Can't think of any other reason for dropping out top scorer and most reliable defender. 
  • Options
    Jim has never played at The Valley...for us, but scored against us here, great, welcome back Jim B)
  • Options
    Good to hear Thomas is back in The Valley..let's hope he sees us win..clean sheet or otherwise
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I sense another bolloxed up Saturday coming.

Not confident at all with that line up.

Anyway,  up the Addicks!

1-2
  • Options
    First match for our new assistant manager. Hopefully he will scare the players into performing what they promised to do for their choice in Jackson. 
  • Options
    If Ben Purrington's fit enough for the bench, where's the sense in starting DJ or CBT in his stead?  Both are out of position.  Neither has scored as many.  Neither is naturally left sided.  Both are defensively suspect.  Neither is any good in the air.  
    I don't get it.
    At least with Mason Burstow in ahead of Conor Washington, he's playing in a familiar role.
    JJ may rue this sort of muddled thinking.
  • Options

Can't think of any other reason for dropping out top scorer and most reliable defender. 
    He is neither of those things 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    He's recently had COvid so his lack of fitness should be temporary.  Chelsea don't have to wait for these deals, there's plenty of takers, we snooze we lose with this one.
  • Options
    Very quiet train from Charing Cross. Small crowd expected?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First match for our new assistant manager. Hopefully he will scare the players into performing what they promised to do for their choice in Jackson. 
    Agree, Is he our Assistant Manager,..talk about having a new coach in, haven't seen any thing about him being the Assistant in any official capacity..
  • Options
    I agree with those confused by the omission of Purrington. Especially after last Saturday when he didn't play, we created very little, and our defence was awful.

Indeed, I'm a bit surprised Pearce isn't back also.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Anyone in our starting 11 scored more than  Purrington ?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Anyone in our starting 11 scored more than  Purrington ?
    Chap on the bench has 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I'm always small.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    They're all here already mate. Good luck getting in
  • Options
    Ready for a big win. COYA

• Options
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    They're all here already mate. Good luck getting in
    A lot of fans got on at Blackheath. 
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    Ready for a big win. COYA

Ooh, I recognise that background!

Are you in Cromer?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!