Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Well done to the brave 300 who make the journey up to the Suit Direct Stadium, Charlton line up as followsimage

Comments

• Options
    Strong lineup.

Dobson rested? No surprise Chuks and Inniss can't start 2 games in 3 days.
  • Options

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Charlton: MacGillivray, Purrington, Famewo, Pearce (c), Morgan, Gilbey, Washington, Matthews, Leko, Watson, Burstow

Subs: Henderson, Lee, Castillo, Aneke, Blackett-Taylor, Inniss, Clare
  • Options
    Well we certainly ain’t taking the piss with that line up. Looking forward to watching this. 
  • Options
    Castillo on the bench.
  • Options
    Hartlepool: Killip, Sterry, Hendrie, Odusina, Francis-Angol, Smith, Crawford, Shelton, Grey, Olomola, Cullen

Subs: Boyes, Liddle, Byrne, Ogle, Ferguson, Featherstone, Molyneux
  • Options
    Proper lineup that.
    Jacko  wants Wembley 
  • Options
    No Lavelle in the squad is surprising.
  • Options
    442 by any chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Giving our best player a rest seems reasonable. 

And Dobson too ;)
  • Options
    No Gunter.

Could he be on his way?
  • Options
    Strong side. 
  • Options
    Decent. Surprised to see both Chuks and Ryan on bench. Gunter surely on his way now. Hoped to see Lavelle on bench. Should win but this is Charlton
  • Options
    Looks like 4-3-3 to me. I like the attacking line up but that midfield isn't going to offer much protection to Famewo and Pearce. Likely to be quite a few goals tonight. 
  • Options
    Strong line up, bit surprised as its mickey mouse cup, quarter final or not
  • Options
    No Lavelle in the squad is surprising.
    JJ said earlier that he is not ready yet
  • Options
    Hartlepool: Killip, Sterry, Hendrie, Odusina, Francis-Angol, Smith, Crawford, Shelton, Grey, Olomola, Cullen

Cheers. I don't know why our Twitter feed doesn't publish the opposition anymore.

Taxi driver I had earlier said their biggest goal threat was recalled to Huddersfield last week.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Cheers. I don't know why our Twitter feed doesn't publish the opposition anymore.

Taxi driver I had earlier said their biggest goal threat was recalled to Huddersfield last week.
    I put their team up at the top of this page if it is any easier
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange why Lavelle didn’t play for the U23s if not in the squad for this game.

Hopefully he hasn’t had a set back.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    All four quarter-finals being played tonight... no need to wait until next week for everyone else to finish.

7pm kick offs: Rotherham v Cambridge & Wigan v Arsenal U21

7:45pm kick off: Sutton v Harrogate
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Yeah, I was going to say, I can’t see JJ moving away from the 3-5-2, especially with bringing in Castillo. Which I don’t know if is a good or bad thing.

Good when it works, bad when it does not I guess. 
  • Options
    Can the U21's play in the final? 
  • Options
    Yes - we've just not seen a team make it that far, yet.

Arsenal have a decent chance. Wigan are playing their youngsters tonight.
  • Options
    Looks like 4-3-3 to me. I like the attacking line up but that midfield isn't going to offer much protection to Famewo and Pearce. Likely to be quite a few goals tonight. 
    Think it will still be 353, with Matthews on the right side of the 3, with Leko at RWB 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    442 by any chance
    OS says 3-5-2 as JJ has used in every game

CM
             Matthews Pearce Famewo
    Leko                Watson            Purrington
                   Gilbey     Morgan
                  Burstow  Washington
  • Options
    Pleased with that team, respectful of the fans that traveled up (and the opposition) without taking unnecessary risks with players 
  • Options
    Still think it’s a shit competition and a pisstake we have to play against youth teams but I wish the team all the best - if only for gaining form and momentum but mainly for the fans who have made the long journey up