Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    That's better Reds, very smart finish from Gilbey on the turn to make it 1-2.. B)
  • Options
    We've needed to react and score like this in the league. Would have been a healthier season. 
  • Options
    Charlton ruin my critical post by scoring :D
    They never fail to disappoint 
  • Options
    HP keeper has to gather smartly under pressure from Burstow.
  • Options
    They’ll be dancing in the streets of Woolwich tonight. 
  • Options
    Burstow is a natural goal scorer. 
    I said that the first time I saw him play. 
    Said similar to bloke next to me watching him warming up before burton away.

Must keep hold of him
    Burton away he was the only one in the warm up able to score !  
  • Options
    Great cross from Leko that
    Agreed. Quality cross. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buzzing for my three trips to Wembley in the same week. England v Switzerland on the Saturday, England v Ivory Coast on Tuesday & Charlton on the Sunday.
  • Options
    36: Pools work another good opportunity, but Crawford's shot doesn't quite bend enough and it's wide. 1-2
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Any bets on what time Golfie pipes up to tell us this doesn’t count as a “Golfie” because it’s not in the league?
    😉
    Edit: Ha! Just noticed you’ve already commented Golfie! 😂
  • Options
    HP have a free kick midway in our half, comes into our area, and Morgan attempts to clear, doesn't quite manage it, but blocks the attempted shot.
  • Options
    36' Crawford curls an effort just wide for the hosts. #pools 1 #cafc 2
  • Options
    HP come forward again, and have another shot from just outside the area, which just goes wide.
  • Options
    Since Watson has come in, they're able to shoot at will from distance. 

It's like last season all over again.
  • Options
    VFR ringing out from the travelling Addicks,.. B)
  • Options
    Would have been a lovely goal for Crawford that if that had curled in
  • Options
    Morgan tripped on the halfway line and we have a free kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does worry me that I’m watching another team who I feel moves the ball more effectively than we do.

Then again we are 2-1 up so does it really matter. 
  • Options
    After some good work from Gilbey and Leko, we end up going all the way back to McG... 🙄
  • Options
    Watson is a tidy player who keeps the ball ticking over, but he's not a defensive shield.
  • Options
    Rotherham 1-1 Cambridge
  • Options
    They’ll be dancing in the streets of Woolwich tonight. 
    That’ll be due to all the gear floating around there 
  • Options
    Erk, Famewo comes down the left and looks like he might be in trouble but draws the foul and wins the free kick
  • Options
    Watson is a tidy player who keeps the ball ticking over, but he's not a defensive shield.
    Shame he's playing central just in front of our back 4 then!
  • Options
    Ball comes into their area, but it's headed away, pings about a bit, and out for a throw, which HP try to take quickly but the ref's not happy and makes them retake it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    SSN discussing Birmingham have terrible owners who the fans do not like, Bowyer should be used to that