Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    HT Rotherham 1-1 Cambridge 
  • Options
    How many chances are we going to give them?
  • Options
    Matthews faffs around but McG saves his bacon
  • Options
    Missing Dobson here
  • Options
    HP fans calling for a pen after Matthews goes down under pressure from Gray and McG appears to bring down Gray in return. Nothign doing.
  • Options
    Every time we pass backwards in our own half i stop breathing

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Fuck me Watson IS terrible
    Mis controlled.  Missed the tackle.
    Mac with the save.

I think you are being kind. He should just retire at half time 
    Like Joe ledley?
  • Options
    We did a first half Golfie!!
  • Options
    HT 1-2
  • Options
    Hartlepool should have scored at least 4

We're fortunate they're about as bad at the back as we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    M Matthews again
  • Options
    Nice goal - Gilbs deserves a beer for that!
  • Options
    Every time we pass backwards in our own half i stop breathing

Someone needs to check on this one at the end of the game
  • Options
    it looks like we will need a back up player for Dobson. we are no where near to competing in midfield tonight.
  • Options
    arsenal u21's dominating against wigan. I don't like that
  • Options
    All I see are people slagging off Watson and Matthews well these two have not played for months so clearly rusty and being thrown into a cup tie that’s being player at 100 miles an hour .. any player would struggle at any level 

• Options
    Feels a bit like the Gateshead game. Where a team below us in the league, and one we should be technically better than, end up showing us how to ‘play’ football.

Its never easy travelling a long way from home in a cup game, and it shows just how competitive football is even lower down the pyramid. But I do worry that we just seem to be making the same mistakes, and getting caught out in the same way again and again.

That being said. Still enjoying these games.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not impressed by Matthews at RCB at all
  • Options
    We look shambolic at the back. Matthews having a proper stinker. Purrington and Famewo not much better.

Watson! Dear oh dear.

The selection suggests the manager is taking it seriously, shame the players look like they couldn't give a shit.
  • Options
  • Options
    Leading going into second half but feel we still need another one at least, can see Hartlepool getting another before this ends, really missing Dobson's holding and creative input..
  • Options
    HT Wigan 0-0 Arsenal U21
  • Options
    For those who cant handle the cheesiness of our owner after we went 2-1 up :D

Someone told me that one was called a Gil-boom #cafc

— Thomas Sandgaard (@SandgaardThomas) January 25, 2022
  • Options
    Watson having a pretty good game….just one wayward pass.
    Done nothing spectacular but has seen a lot of the ball and made good links with the defence.
    Would like to see him make some probing balls to the front men though.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    But but, Gilbey just makes a few forward runs with the ball the most over rated player in the side.

🙃