Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that post, Tel.

It's gratifying when Lifers take the time & effort to explain how they see things & why it is what it is. 

It hurts when I read a one liner or similar stating that the players don't care. 

It could well be true on occasions ( Danny Mills ensuring he spent Xmas with his family ?) but as a broad statement, I'll always challenge it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for that post, Tel.

It's gratifying when Lifers take the time & effort to explain how they see things & why it is what it is. 

It hurts when I read a one liner or similar stating that the players don't care. 

It could well be true on occasions ( Danny Mills ensuring he spent Xmas with his family ?) but as a broad statement, I'll always challenge it. 
    Reverse the question round. 

Almost all, there are 1 or 2 exceptions, of these players have had runs of games under 3 different managers where they have gone from looking very good to looking very bad, almost at the flick of a switch.

It's not like the highlights are one offs.  Bad teams don't win 6 on the spin in any division.  Good teams then don't win six of the next 26.  Then 1 defeat in 14, then 3 wins in 13, then 7 wins out of 10.

You can choose any word you like, passion, commitment, bravery, confidence but we have got something that everyone else seems to have.

Does anyone honestly believe that Cheltenham, Crewe, Morcambe and Hartlepools reserves have better players than us?   
  • Options
    I honestly dont buy into the "players dont care" statements as I think you can see from their reactions when they win that they really do. To me they look frightened to play, in that they seem scared to make a mistake, low on confidence when they should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck and putting these teams to the sword. We dont have many players in our first 11 that the majority of teams in our league wouldnt want but for some reason it just isnt working