Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    Morgan plays the ball forward for Burstow who pressurises the defender, but the keeper clears.
  • Options
    63: Good defending from Pools after Charlton pressed forward - Hendrie in the way of the eventual shot, and the Addicks have a corner. 1-2
  • Options
    They look like the League One team and us League Two.
  • Options
    Oooh! Great ball from Leko to Gilbey, Purrington's cross has several attacking, but we can't quite make contact and eventually it's out for a corner.
  • Options
    TOO much space being given to Hart's, our midfield has the habit of going AWOL sometimes..time to change things up Jacko, get The Beast on for Washington..
  • Options
    Ball pings about a bit from the corner, and Gilbey crosses in but Purrington's header is saved.
  • Options
    Time to get Chucks on to finish this off.
  • Options
    I'd bring Clare on to offer more defensive cover than Watson
  • Options
    Erk, ball over the top but Purrington manages to get a foot in, but we can't clear properly, and eventually they shoot over.
  • Options
    We're getting drawn into the scrap here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

65: Shelton's blocked shot sees Crawford teed up, but the midfielder can't make a good connection and the ball flies over. 1-2
  • Options
    Get Watson off for good 
  • Options
    Clare and Aneke on please
  • Options
    Is it 5 subs?
  • Options
    Leko required mastery of quantum physics to get beyond those two players on the wing...spolier: he didn't
  • Options
    Uh-oh, Leko loses the ball under pressure near the halfway line and HP counter and Morgan concedes the corner.
  • Options
    67: Pools are hammering at the door - chance after chance is being repelled by Charlton as Joe Grey wins a corner. 1-2
  • Options
    Seriously please sub Watson!!
  • Options
    Messy corner followed by messy defending but it's our goal kick.
  • Options
    Instead the only change is Terry for Greg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    All I see are people slagging off Watson and Matthews well these two have not played for months so clearly rusty and being thrown into a cup tie that’s being player at 100 miles an hour .. any player would struggle at any level 

What are you on about now, Watson played against MK Dons 3 weeks ago, Matthews at Cheltenham 10 days ago
  • Options
    In recent games the gaping holes between MF and Defence and/or behind the Defenders make me wonder how we are setting up.  Are we still pressing and if so we can’t press and sit back at the same time.  If we are sitting back then the MF need to be linking far better than they are and throw in just a smidge of covering, marking and anticipation.
  • Options
    Leko irritates the fuck out of me. I can’t watch him.
  • Options
    70: First changes of the night for Charlton as Leko and Burstow are replaced by Blackett-Taylor and Aneke. 1-2
  • Options

70: Pools also make a change as Olomola is replaced by Luke Molyneux. 1-2
  • Options
    Famewo plays a Naby-esque ball to Washington but after some good work initially we can't make the most of it.
  • Options
    Leko is like a League One Ryan Giggs....the 4 year old Giggs  i mean
  • Options
    I do feel for the likes of Leko and DJ sometimes. We have a habit of just giving them the ball and saying “go on then, do it on your own”. 
  • Options
    Burstow and Leko (?) off, Aneke and CBT on .
  • Options
    Another decent amount of minutes for Burstow.

Can now have a rest ahead of the Portsmouth match